Saathoff's Soccer Concepts - FC Dallas (MLS)

Saathoff

Saathoff's Soccer Concepts

This is the topic for all my soccer concepts. There will be multiple series included in the topic.

Current Series: The Future of North American Soccer 2024

Table of Contents:
North America
Seattle Sounders FC
Athletic Club of California - MLS
Portland Timbers FC - MLS
New York Cosmos - NASL
Chivas USA - MLS

Europe:
West Ham United F.C. - English Premier League

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

new_york_cosmos_home_kit.png

Home Kit by Umbro

new_york_cosmos_away_kit.png

Away Kit by Umbro

new_york_cosmos_3rd_kit.png

Third Kit by Umbro

New York Cosmos

The idea behind the Cosmos is a simple uniform, as used in their early NASL days. The one addition to the set is a black third jersey, which is simply based off Umbro Black Cosmos series, which you can find on their team store.

Player is Robbie Keane. No real reason other than the fact he played for them in a testimonial match against Manchester United.

Sponsor is Barclays

Good to see Keano representing his boyhood club.

Seriously though, I really like this. Only thing I'd change is the 3rd. You've got a lot of color potential, but you went with BFBS. I'd try something a little more out of the box or even outlandish if you wanted to really push it.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Good to see Keano representing his boyhood club.

Haha

Back on track... I agree with Andrew. Black is too obvious/boring a choice. There are plenty of colours to choose from the club crest or like Andrew said, go way outside the box.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

The jerseys need an outline like the shorts.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thanks Guys. And I agree with you all. I wasn't sold on the black kit either. As for the outline on the jersey, I can do that! My next club will be the Vancouver Whitecaps.

Btw the black kit is based off the "Umbro Blackout Series" http://nycosmos.com/shop/blackout

You can't use those tones for numbers and such by FIFA rule. Either way. The Vancouver Whitecaps up next.

I understand that it's based on a real thing, but that doesn't make it a great idea. It's not that it looks bad per se, it's just you have a lot of opportunity for something really unique given the Cosmos identity, and it seems a waste to do blackout, however based in reality it might be.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• 4 months later...

Chivas USA - Major League Soccer

**Jersey Font is changed between the Home and Away/Third Kits. The away/third is the newer version, and slightly based off the new MLS font**

Home Kit

chivas_usa_home_kit.png

Away Kit

chivas_usa_away_kit.png

Third Kit

chivas_usa_third_kit.png

Both the home and away set are pretty basic, only slight moderations from years past kits. I also introduced a third kit for Chivas USA, based off a black rumored kit for 2013 that never came to be.

Upcoming kits will have an outline on the tops so you can see the edges.

Upcoming Teams:

Seattle Sounders FC

Portland Timbers

BigRed618: I agree on the black. Just threw it into the mix because of the rumors back in January. Not a fan of the Goats either. But I've alwayed liked their home kit.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Introducing the Future of North American Soccer Series!

seattle_sounders_home_kit.png

seattle_sounders_away_kit.png

seattle_sounders_third_kit.png

seattle-sounders-scarf.png

The Seattle Sounders FC concept feature the standard green home kit with blue panels. Away is shale, with 2 toned hoops. Third kit features a white kit, with light blue from the old Sounder days.

Kit number font is Freeroad. One on top with a outline and one underneath to create the added effect of the traditional numbers in years past with MLS.

I've also included basic scarves for each team. Since I'm the Head of Design at Global Scarves, I thought it would be a cool addition.

Enjoy! Next up is AC California (Formerly Chivas USA)

Introducing Athletic Club of California (AC California)...formerly Chivas USA

AC-California-Scarf.png

ACCaliforniaHomeKit.png

Home Kit

ACCaliforniaThirdKit.png

Third Kit

ACCaliforniaAwayKit.png

Away Kit

So AC California is based on the state flag as you can see. No real reasons behind any jersey elements. Personally the home kit is my favorite as I feel the pinstripes look good.

I decided as well that AC California was formally Chivas USA who were bought out by the league and moved to Sacramento. Why Sacramento? No real reason, it's not a likely move, but certainly interesting for soccer on the West Coast!

Next up will be the Portland Timbers

Archived