Sign in to follow this  
Blitz

BC Lions primary update

Hey all,

So one of my first concepts on these boards was a terrible attempt (in hindsight) at re-doing the BC Lions branding. I was going through a bunch of old files the other day and found it...

Now, I know my style has changed a bit since then, and I am fairly confident my execution has improved a bit, so I figured I would try to update BC's logo again, hopefully with better results.

I know BC has one of those iconic logos that people don't like to see changes made to, so I am not sure what to expect - I might try alt logos and unis if all goes well...

LIONS_vectorized_free.png

Thoughts?

EDIT: Current BC Logo for comparison

dgwagsp9mjfzlrupgt15fsg1g.gif

It may look like an aggressive look, but it may also look like it's yawning with it's mouth that wide open.

I think it should be a little less wide open, and maybe fix the eye up a little bit so that it appears to be looking straight foward and not to the side.

It definitely has alot of potential, though. Also, good choice of font.

REVISION #1:

head pitch/mouth adjustment, Eye direction adjustment - as per Habsfan1 suggestion

LIONSrev_vectorized_free.png

Thoughts?

Yep, you got it. Those minor adjustments already made it better.

Wow, I usually don't care for most logo revissions, but your second attempt is amazing! I always loved the Lions iconic logo, but putting it side-by-side next to yours really makes it show it's age.

Well done!

The negative space around the mouth makes it look like it would be on hinge if it wasn't there. I mean, how scary is a mountain lion with a drooping mouth?

Try changing the black to white for the BC and have a black outline...just a thought.

Like the 2nd concept much better.

Don't get me wrong, this is really good, but the jaw is a bit too open, and the bottom of the jaw also cuts off the "C". Have the "C" stick out, like in the current BC logo.

All in all, great job.

I love the update. The current one always looked to me like when Sonny the dog gets stoned in Due Date