Under-Appreciated Logos in the Minors

raysox

Back in 2006, I went to Columbia, South Carolina for my sister's softball tournament. The city has a baseball team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer college ball league that is made up of teams in the Carolinas/Virginia. The team is called the Columbia Blowfish, which is hilarious, and named after Hootie and the Blowfish. I have a shirt with their logo on it.

ColumbiaBlowfish.png

A while back I found they rebranded, and it looks GOOD.

BlowfishAltLogo.jpg

My dad and sister are up there now for the same reason, and he got me a shirt with the new logo on navy.

So what are some logos that are really really good, that hardly anyone knows about? I'm not talking Minor leagues, I'm talking obscure leagues.

Here is another set of examples, the defunct South Coast League. I remember seeing the designer's profile posted here once.

PeanutsPrimary.png

625px-Bradenton_Juice.PNG

Macon%20Music.JPG

224955d1312838681-new-logo-set-charlotte-county_redfish.png

I find this funny because my neighbor used to coach this team (blowfish).

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

250px-GreenBayBlizzard.PNG

GreenBayBlizzard2.GIF

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Drury College

drury-new-main-logo.jpg

Its Drury UNIVERSITY. I was a Drury Panther. Played Ice Hockey and Rugby in the only years that the school had teams. Graduated with a double major and now finishing my grad work there.

Its also where Bob Barker from the Price is Right went to college.

Quite possibly my favourite logo set ever.

Fort_Worth_Frostbite_by_nutson.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Sugar_Land_Skeeters_%28logo%29.png

Ah yes, another Brandiose work, I believe. My goodness, they're talented.

On a side note, my Grandpa, Aunt, and Uncle live near Sugar Land. I've been there a few times visiting..."Skeeters" certainly is a fitting name! :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Such a cool thread!I love seeing all of these! I have a few to share as well.

blues.jpg

An indie collegiate summer team, the logo is so 90's it's brilliant.

riverbandits.jpg

I love practically everything about this one. Single A for the Cards.

bluewahoo.jpg

A Brandiose favorite of mine, plus the team name is so cool BLUE WAHOOOOOS!

seattle.jpg

Little league in Seattle, it looks perfectly spacey without being overboard Isotope-cheesy

chico.jpg

Chico Outlaws, an indie team (now defunct) but they had the Japanese knuckleballer girl pitch for them!

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

I'm new to the site and haven't quite figured out how to post pictures. But I highly recommend searching 'Dickinson Midgets', they are a high school out of North Dakota, their primary logo is a hunchbacked man with a chip on his shoulder. Yes it is 2012.

Archived