Under-Appreciated Logos in the Minors

raysox

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a cool thread!I love seeing all of these! I have a few to share as well.

blues.jpg

An indie collegiate summer team, the logo is so 90's it's brilliant.

riverbandits.jpg

I love practically everything about this one. Single A for the Cards.

bluewahoo.jpg

A Brandiose favorite of mine, plus the team name is so cool BLUE WAHOOOOOS!

seattle.jpg

Little league in Seattle, it looks perfectly spacey without being overboard Isotope-cheesy

chico.jpg

Chico Outlaws, an indie team (now defunct) but they had the Japanese knuckleballer girl pitch for them!

That Seattle logo is based off the 2001-3 world series logo. I'd say ripped off, but for a little league I guess it's ok to copy. Just pointing it out.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Here's the Dickinson Midget-

17404-2.gif

To post a photo you have to use a media hosting site like photobucket or imageshack. Also, I think you have to have a minimum of 5 posts to post photos.

Yeah I'm wearing an orange sweater big whoop wanna fight about it?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

barons-thebaron.jpg

This is a secondary logo for the Birmingham Barons. I've always thought it was pretty cool (along with the rest of the Barons' identity).

The Barons identity is awesome. It was designed by John Hartwell ( www.hartwellstudioworks.com ). He taught at the design school I went to, but unfortunately, I never had a class with him.

A lot of minor league teams seem to understand giving the graphic designer artistic freedom. With "Major League" teams, I know for a fact that owners and high level executives put their opinion (to a fault) in the design process.

For the Canucks "new" edge jerseys, from what I hear the first prototypes designed were closer to their 1974 era jerseys, but it was only ONE high level exec that wanted the orca, and ONE exec who wanted the "Vancouver" over the logo. Believe me or don't I have nothing to gain in saying this, but I understand if you don't believe me. Not sure I would believe it.

Such a cool thread!I love seeing all of these! I have a few to share as well.

blues.jpg

An indie collegiate summer team, the logo is so 90's it's brilliant.

riverbandits.jpg

I love practically everything about this one. Single A for the Cards.

bluewahoo.jpg

A Brandiose favorite of mine, plus the team name is so cool BLUE WAHOOOOOS!

seattle.jpg

Little league in Seattle, it looks perfectly spacey without being overboard Isotope-cheesy

chico.jpg

Chico Outlaws, an indie team (now defunct) but they had the Japanese knuckleballer girl pitch for them!

That Seattle logo is based off the 2001-3 world series logo. I'd say ripped off, but for a little league I guess it's ok to copy. Just pointing it out.

True, I hadn't considered that. My favorite part though is mainly the use of the Space Needle and the font on ELITE, it just works.

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

JolietSlammers.PNG

Joliet Slammers

Frontier league

A blues brothers reference would have been fantastic here.

Crap! I was just coming on here to post about their identity. It's easily one of the best I've ever seen. They used to be the Jackhammers but switched last year. Their primary logo is nice but cap logo and uniforms tie in well together. I went to the game on the 22nd and it was a blast! They had Rat Pack night so the music was all Sinatra and the on field team employees were dressed classy. The baseball was good (5-4 Slammers win) and I picked up this bad boy..

photo1.jpg

JolietSlammers.PNG

Joliet Slammers

Frontier league

Crap! I was just coming on here to post about their identity. It's easily one of the best I've ever seen. They used to be the Jackhammers but switched last year. Their primary logo is nice but cap logo and uniforms tie in well together. I went to the game on the 22nd and it was a blast! They had Rat Pack night so the music was all Sinatra and the on field team employees were dressed classy. The baseball was good (5-4 Slammers win) and I picked up this bad boy..

photo1.jpg

Love the hat

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

JolietSlammers.PNG

Joliet Slammers

Frontier league

photo1.jpg

Love the hat

Oh yeah, not bad for $20. It's fired too which is nice. I'd be down to go out and look for more local minor Leage teams with cool hats.

Highland Community College in Kansas.

highlandscottiedog.gif

For a junior college logo, it's not bad.

Colby Community College

154934.jpg

Cowley College

logo.gif

These would be the best ones among Kansas jucos. They don't spend too much time worrying about sports logos. Most of them aren't thaqt great.

springfieldsliders.jpg

Summer Collegiate Prospect League team

That logo is amazing!

that's a skye dillon design...he posts here as cward, i believe...really nice work - i think the edenton steamers logo is one of his, as well

i'm almost certain that the njit, emory and lagrange logos are by joe bosack

from the coastal plains league, the morehead city marlins have a GREAT identity, as well...

MarlinsBig.jpg

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived