NFL uniforms week 7

gothedistance

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing Jets go white on green in Patriot Place later. They broke them out for that playoff game a couple years back for the first time all season and won (I dropped $330 for two tickets to that one, F$&@ my life). They seem to have this wear green pants thing at Gillette go all white at the Dreadowlands kick when the Pats come to town lately.

I hope the Patriots drop so many points on them that the End Zone Militia runs out of ammo by halftime.

The Jets don't go all-white at home vs. New England because it's New England, they do it because of the "summer sun" theory (unlike teams that do it to say, Dallas or Miami to "mess" with them). It seems that way because the past few seasons the Jets have hosted the Pats in afternoon games in September, not late in the season. The Jets do the all-white at home thing when that's the case the past few seasons.

From 2006-2010 the Jets hosted the Patriots in an afternoon game Week 1 or 2, and only in 2008 did they wear the home set (if memory serves, which as evidenced by my Titans throwback blunder a page ago may not be that great :) )

Very, very little pink in the Vikes-cards game. Larry Fitzgerald Is the only one wih pink cloves and cleats, I believe. Both do have the pink ribbon nfl shield on the back of the helmet.

They're pro cancer! Send the angry pitchfork mob!

Also, Dallas is 1,000,000 times better looking in their navy set. I'm also in the "no problem with their green-silver pants with their white uniforms but the white jersey itself is a mess" camp.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

The Texans look superb in red. You can see their collar also looks infinitely better than the toilet collar most every other team opted to go with in this matchup

No kidding, I've always thought the Texans needed to emphasize the red more than the blue to differentiate themselves from the Cowboys.

The Texans look superb in red. You can see their collar also looks infinitely better than the toilet collar most every other team opted to go with in this matchup

No kidding, I've always thought the Texans needed to emphasize the red more than the blue to differentiate themselves from the Cowboys.

They don't have to differentiate themselves from the Cowboys as they are mainly a white and silver team. If they wore the navy jersey's more often then I would see your point.

spacer.png

It maybe kind of hard to see in these pics, but it looks like the Bucs throwbacks have mesh sleeves like in the old days and screenprinted numbers.

Kudos to Nike for this old-school touch.

580910_10151283727944595_1228052681_n.jpg

1080_10151283727149595_1379973388_n.jpg

Best throwbacks of all time. Always love it when the Bucs bring those out.

70389454.png

Colts vs Browns. can't beat it

Agreed. Great looking game made even better by how it makes DB's head explode.

The Rams in all white is their best look now that they've ditched their gold pants. I can't stand watching them in all blue, that's just a bad watch.

Another great looking game. The Rams need to ditch those blue pants. Period. The Packers are the Packers. What else needs to be said?

Finally, Jets - Pats looks awesome. The Patriots throwbacks aren't one of my favorites, but every time I see them my first thought is that the throwbacks look so much better than their current set.

Don't bother Dennis. I'm just going to ignore you anyway; and by the looks of it, so is everyone else. B)

BB52Big.jpg

It maybe kind of hard to see in these pics, but it looks like the Bucs throwbacks have mesh sleeves like in the old days and screenprinted numbers.

The only problem is that they hardly wore the orange on white when they were the full time uniforms. Kind of strange to throw back to a uniform you wore once or twice a season.

The only problem is that they hardly wore the orange on white when they were the full time uniforms. Kind of strange to throw back to a uniform you wore once or twice a season.

Yeah but as we all know the creamsicles would sell infinitely better than the white version.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah but as we all know the creamsicles would sell infinitely better than the white version.

These are the 1976 orange versions, which were a lighter orange than the orange they used from 1977 on. They only wore these orange jerseys in the pre-season in 1976 and wore all white uniforms with orange numbers that year. In 1977, the numbers on the white jerseys switched to red.

The captain's patch there on TB looks terrible! Is it just a weird angle or what's up with that?

Weird angle. They were orange to match the unis, but Ronde's been a captain for 5+ seasons, so his is all gold.

In regards to the throwbacks, I foresee the throwback whites coming out in 2 seasons, as the league requires a minimum of 5 years usage of an alt jersey. The creamsicles were used first since most fans recognize them first.

Archived