NFL uniforms week 7

gothedistance

The Patriots are wearing their throwbacks tomorrow, which I am really excited for. I love them but I prefer this version:

Buffalo+Bills+v+New+England+Patriots+ZBIfFD2WqFdl.jpg

I agree - the current throwback jerseys are great, but those are even better.

I couldn't disagree more. The helmet stripes are better, the pants stripes are better, the shoulder stripes are better and the numbers are better with outlines. The only thing this set had going for it was red socks paired with the red jersey.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The current Buccaneers set is good. It's distinctive, looks good, is in a traditional football template despite the "out-there" use of pewter. It's effective, "kewl" and so forth. If it was worn by a '90s expansion team, it should never be changed.

However, seeing those creamsicle throwbacks... wow. That set was incredible. The Bucs were wrong for going away from those colors. If they wanted do go with a more "fierce" logo, they should have came up with a new logo while keeping the colors and uniforms the same. It's a shame we lost the classic Buccaneers set from the league. As good as the current set is, they should be wearing the old set full-time.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The current Buccaneers set is good. It's distinctive, looks good, is in a traditional football template despite the "out-there" use of pewter. It's effective, "kewl" and so forth. If it was worn by a '90s expansion team, it should never be changed.

However, seeing those creamsicle throwbacks... wow. That set was incredible. The Bucs were wrong for going away from those colors. If they wanted do go with a more "fierce" logo, they should have came up with a new logo while keeping the colors and uniforms the same. It's a shame we lost the classic Buccaneers set from the league. As good as the current set is, they should be wearing the old set full-time.

Completely disagree. The current set is almost perfect all-around, from the colors to logos to uniforms. They fit the name better as well. The creamsicles scream 70's and would not be used if they had started outside that decade. Plus they're synonymous with losing. They look great as a throwback, but the current look is superior.

I think the current logos are pretty bad, but the set is very good despite that. For me, the biggest saving grace of the current set is the use of distinctive colors (pewter) rather than it being another red and navy set. Still, nothing is more distinctive than the creamsicles. I think they are regionally appropriate. While Bucco Bruce is a weak logo and maybe slightly homoerotic, I think the current logos go too far the other direction in terms of being "tuff! fierce!"

I don't think the creamsicles look any more '70s than '80s. They are only '70s because that's when the NFL really started using bright colors. Teal is only '90s because that is when teams finally "discovered" it. Like teal or even the classic Oilers set, the creamsicles are only "dated" because in the late '90s, teams decided everyone needed to make their colors darker and fiercer to instill self-esteem in their players and because fans supposedly wouldn't buy lighter-colored gear.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

For those who just ignore dennisbergen's posts, as i'm sure most of us do, the Rams in all-white at home. At least they're not in all navy again, but was hoping for navy over white.

Anyone know why they chose all white this week? Very odd I thought

Well, according to the crowd noise this is actually a Packer home game, so perhaps the Rams just thought they'd dress the part. :P

The Bengals are wearing their orange jerseys tonight against the Steelers to complete the "orange-out" they're promoting. In recent years they've always worn the orange jerseys with white pants and orange socks. They'll probably continue with that look tonight, and I hope they do as it's the best option for the orange jersey.

This

Cleveland+Browns+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+c2TSN5f4tPql.jpg

looks much better than this

33-61407-F.jpg

I believe this is the first time they've worn orange against Pittsburgh.

I guess I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that I read here once that teams were not allowed to wear their alts on nationally televised games. Regardless, this is definitely the Bengals best look. Have they ever worn the orange jerseys at night before? They look great under the lights and on a large HD television. I actually had to freeze one overhead shot just to admire the mass of orange jerseys and helmets on the field.

And yes, that second photo is hideous, definitely Halloweenish, and their worst look. It's amazing that they can go from their best look to the worst just by changing the pants.

The Bengals are wearing their orange jerseys tonight against the Steelers to complete the "orange-out" they're promoting. In recent years they've always worn the orange jerseys with white pants and orange socks. They'll probably continue with that look tonight, and I hope they do as it's the best option for the orange jersey.

This

Cleveland+Browns+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+c2TSN5f4tPql.jpg

looks much better than this

33-61407-F.jpg

I believe this is the first time they've worn orange against Pittsburgh.

I guess I'm wrong, but I could have sworn that I read here once that teams were not allowed to wear their alts on nationally televised games. Regardless, this is definitely the Bengals best look. Have they ever worn the orange jerseys at night before? They look great under the lights and on a large HD television. I actually had to freeze one overhead shot just to admire the mass of orange jerseys and helmets on the field.

And yes, that second photo is hideous, definitely Halloweenish, and their worst look. It's amazing that they can go from their best look to the worst just by changing the pants.

Actually it seems most wear their alternates ON nationally televised games.

Completely disagree. The current set is almost perfect all-around, from the colors to logos to uniforms. They fit the name better as well. The creamsicles scream 70's and would not be used if they had started outside that decade. Plus they're synonymous with losing. They look great as a throwback, but the current look is superior.

I'm going to quote these two posts and then redirect y'alls attention to my avatar. B)

And this, too... ***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

TBbuccaneers_NPC.png

:D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Redskins Giants was actually fantastic from a color perspective. Skins in white over gold is infinitely with team colored shoes as opposed to black. Something was super off-putting about the black shoes with those uniforms.

Also, I haven't thought about flywire in weeks.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

The Bengals look beautiful under the night lights this evening. Sadly, the Steelers look dated (regardless of how "legendary" or "timeless" their uniforms may be).

And sadly, the Bengals don't have professional football players to put in those uniforms. I agree about the Steelers uniforms, though, and that lopsided helmet has always been ugly.

I'm going to quote these two posts and then redirect y'alls attention to my avatar. B)

And this, too... ***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

TBbuccaneers_NPC.png

:D

I like your version. It made Bucco tough enough while still keeping the characteristics of the original logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yeah, the white facemask, paired with the better striping head-to-toe and outlines around the numbers, makes the 80s look the best throwback for the Patriots.

I really like the current Buccaneers unis, but I love how the team changes all aspects of the field to match the throwback look. They really go all-out, and it just makes it that more awesome.

And Jungle Jim - Baltimore wears its black jerseys on most of its nationally-televised night games (just one example). I don't think there's ever been a rule in the NFL that forbids teams from wearing alternates in primetime.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yeah, the white facemask, paired with the better striping head-to-toe and outlines around the numbers, makes the 80s look the best throwback for the Patriots.

I really like the current Buccaneers unis, but I love how the team changes all aspects of the field to match the throwback look. They really go all-out, and it just makes it that more awesome.

And Jungle Jim - Baltimore wears its black jerseys on most of its nationally-televised night games (just one example). I don't think there's ever been a rule in the NFL that forbids teams from wearing alternates in primetime.

There was talk of the NFL making a rule this past offseason that teams couldn't wear alternates for primetime games or any time after November 1st. It would have been a good rule, as 1) teams should wear their normal uniform when they have the spotlight and in their biggest games, and 2) It just doesn't look right to have divisional games between longtime rivals played in alternates (in most cases). Anyway, the rule must not have been passed since the Bears plan to wear their '40s throwbacks against the Packers in December. Not a fan. Don't wear throwbacks or alternates against division rivals in games that could decide the division, wear them against Carolina in October (as the Bears are also doing).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Bengals look beautiful under the night lights this evening. Sadly, the Steelers look dated (regardless of how "legendary" or "timeless" their uniforms may be).

And sadly, the Bengals don't have professional football players to put in those uniforms. I agree about the Steelers uniforms, though, and that lopsided helmet has always been ugly.

I'm going to start a tumblr where all it is is photoshopped pictures of the Steelers with their logo on both sides of the helmet.

I think this was the first night game the Bengals have worn orange jerseys. Two years ago they played a 4:15 game late in the season against San Diego that was dark by the end of the game, and actually pulled out a victory. Last night was a disaster.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Don't bother Dennis. I'm just going to ignore you anyway; and by the looks of it, so is everyone else. B)

Damn, that hurts my feelings.

Its genius's like you, that give me my motivation.

Yes, those Browns uniforms are really cool. Can't beat em'. Can't tell you how many coaches and schools across the country are jonesing to have "the Browns look" for their football squads. Its just that hip.

When does Good Times come on this week? Jimmie Walker is funny!

Archived