NFL uniforms week 7

gothedistance

There was talk of the NFL making a rule this past offseason that teams couldn't wear alternates for primetime games or any time after November 1st. It would have been a good rule, as 1) teams should wear their normal uniform when they have the spotlight and in their biggest games, and 2) It just doesn't look right to have divisional games between longtime rivals played in alternates (in most cases). Anyway, the rule must not have been passed since the Bears plan to wear their '40s throwbacks against the Packers in December. Not a fan. Don't wear throwbacks or alternates against division rivals in games that could decide the division, wear them against Carolina in October (as the Bears are also doing).

Discussion of that proposed rule must be what I was thinking about.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The captain's patch there on TB looks terrible! Is it just a weird angle or what's up with that?

Weird angle. They were orange to match the unis, but Ronde's been a captain for 5+ seasons, so his is all gold.

you're half right. ronde's "C" and stars are stitched in gold due to his 5 seasons as captain. but the patches themselves have been switched to pink for this yearly money grab.

the pink looks fine in the picture below, but hideous laid on top of the orange jerseys (and paired with gold stitching).

Carson+Palmer+Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+Oakland+PyauT1QavdBl.jpg

Don't bother Dennis. I'm just going to ignore you anyway; and by the looks of it, so is everyone else. B)

Damn, that hurts my feelings.

Its genius's like you, that give me my motivation.

Yes, those Browns uniforms are really cool. Can't beat em'. Can't tell you how many coaches and schools across the country are jonesing to have "the Browns look" for their football squads. Its just that hip.

When does Good Times come on this week? Jimmie Walker is funny!

That's what every respectable NFL team should be shooting for... have all the "hip" high schools jonesing to steal their look. Then when someone on this site says they look like clowns with their side panels, shoulder piping, unreadable number font, and black leotards, they can say, "Hey, do you have any idea how many high schools are dying to look like this?!" I'm sure the fans of that team would swell with pride at how much they look like a high school team.

" genius's"? Is that plural? Possesive? What?

The captain's patch there on TB looks terrible! Is it just a weird angle or what's up with that?

Weird angle. They were orange to match the unis, but Ronde's been a captain for 5+ seasons, so his is all gold.

you're half right. ronde's "C" and stars are stitched in gold due to his 5 seasons as captain. but the patches themselves have been switched to pink for this yearly money grab.

the pink looks fine in the picture below, but hideous laid on top of the orange jerseys (and paired with gold stitching).

Carson+Palmer+Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+Oakland+PyauT1QavdBl.jpg

No, the Bucs announced that no pink would be used by the team this week to avoid conflict with the throwback aspect of the game. The pics I posted do not show the patches clearly. You can see below that the patches were orange:

155548_10151283917774595_396552035_n.jpg

So,they didn't wear pink because of the throwback thing, but they're okay with the anachronistic (and all-around silly to begin with) captain's patches? Got it.

By the way, the throwbacks are awesome and they're good for exactly one game a season. The Bucs usual uniforms are great, and they deserve to be the full-time look.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived