Discrim

As I often put it, I got ideas. Not necessarily enough for a full set, however. For instance, a road alt for the Braves based on their late 70s roads...I couldn't decide between a white-front or gray-front cap, so I went with both. Speak on it.Loosely straight versionbraveslonealt1.pngGray-front versionbraveslonealt1_5.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Alright, here goes a three step that will likely bear a couple more fruits: first, Dodgers

dodgerslonealt12.png

Vintage Brooklyn transplanted to Chavez Ravine. TBH, you'd be surprised to read that though the grid pinstripes the Dodgers wore in 1916 are counted among my favorite uniforms, I don't think the style really fits that well for somewhere like LA.

Nationals: Walter Johnson tribute alt

nationalslonealt1.png

No clown questions, bro. No red as the Senators uniforms of that era used minimal red at most, usually none.

Nationals: Damn Yankees tribute

nationalslonealt2.png

A concept I've long wanted to do, but never got around to til now...and now that I look at it, the next alt in this thread will probably be the DC version of this, as the curly W and that odd shadow the W on those old Senators jerseys had simply doesn't work. Though it looks alright on the numbers. In the words of Jack Buck, I will see you...tomorrow...

2016cubscreamsig.png

Alright, decided as I'd initially released them, neither of the Damn Yankees tributes worked...mainly an error of effort there, so I've made a small tweak to both that should make for an improvement. Anyways, when I was releasing 4 X one team, there was a Brewers concept a lot of people seemed to like...as well as a cap (actually, the bill of said cap) a lot of folks liked. Problem was they were part of different uniforms. Not anymore.

brewerslonealt1.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

I was always curious to see how a Brewers uniform would look with barley underneath the script, and I think it looks nice! And I agree, I'd remove the front number. I like the cream colored home uniforms, after all Milwaukee was once called the "Cream City" due to the color of the brick work.

There was a number under the tomahawk when the Braves were in Milwaukee, which is why there's a number under the barley. If there hadn't been, there wouldn't be, simple as that. I'll be honest...not only this time out, but last year when I'd put out the Pilots tribute uniform that inspired the cap's bill, I was very strongly considering using the Braves/early 70s Brewers' old block M rather than the modern M. Cus right now, aside from the scrambled wheat, the cap's basically the equivalent of Tim Duncan hamming it up by arching his left eyebrow slightly. On that tangent, I'm not sure who's next, but I'm leaning towards a Pilots tribute, Mariners version.

2016cubscreamsig.png

There was a number under the tomahawk when the Braves were in Milwaukee, which is why there's a number under the barley. If there hadn't been, there wouldn't be, simple as that. I'll be honest...not only this time out, but last year when I'd put out the Pilots tribute uniform that inspired the cap's bill, I was very strongly considering using the Braves/early 70s Brewers' old block M rather than the modern M. Cus right now, aside from the scrambled wheat, the cap's basically the equivalent of Tim Duncan hamming it up by arching his left eyebrow slightly. On that tangent, I'm not sure who's next, but I'm leaning towards a Pilots tribute, Mariners version.

Ahh, I see now. I like this series, keep it up.

• 4 weeks later...

...and I was completely off the mark. Here goes the Expos

exposlonealt.png

Kinda like the Royals bringing back powder blue, so too would the Expos. Threw in a fleur de lis for the hell of it. This aint gonna get a 15 minute standing ovation, but then I aint Rocket Richard either. Or even Radio Robert.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here goes something slightly different: a Minor league lone alt, using the West Michigan Whitecaps' new Tigers-themed logos

whitecapslonealt.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 1 month later...

The bad news: still no Mariners/Pilots mashup :(

The good news: *runs towards home* *flips over catcher* HALO!!!

angelslonealt_zpsc89d3e26.png

I don't care what anybody says, that 95-96 Angels alt is still a favorite of mine.

The better news: gli Combattimento Filadelfiano

phillieslonealt1_zps0c92c25c.png

I wasn't gonna include an F cap, but I figure someone might ask what one looked like.

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 6 months later...

Before we go on, feel free to comment on the Nats...or the Italian Phillies...or the Whitecaps...or existensialism.

Far as baseball style goes, most feel if you aint emulating anything that was in style in the 50s, you aint tryin. Myself...sartorially, I prefer the 1910s, 20s and 30s myself over the 50s. In any event, today's offerings feature something I've been visualizing for years. Seems like every time I watch a Cubs game, every third fan's wearing a cap with the old bear and bat:

new-era-mlb-chicago-cubs-denim-fitted-baseball-cap.jpg

Wrigleyville's answer to the ball-and-glove, indeed. Look for Cubs caps, you'll see the navy/white that was actually worn, a negative version, royal/white/red versions, a few more detailed versions....anyway, I've long wanted to create a modern version, something I finally got around to. Also in a way, addressing a personal gripe: the one and only time thus far the Cubs have ever worn throwbacks at home, they got the cap wrong (brilliant :censored: idea....a damn old Indians cap for a Cubs throwback), and when one looks around, most of the Cubs throwbacks you'll find for sale are as follows:

• 80s pinstripes
  • 80s blues
  • late 60s gray
  • pinstriped powder blues
  • 57-78 pinstripes
  • every now and then, the 1908 white or 1909 gray

Good jerseys one and all (though your mileage may vary with the pinstriped powders), but about as overexposed as powder blue. This is not really based on any of the above. Anyway, most of the explanation's in the image, so here we go.

cubslonealt131-1.png

For the back lettering, I figured even though the overall uniform is sufficiently different from the pinstripes, it could do with one or two more differences. I'd initially considered a red cap, but rejected it in favor of white, largely due to the bat getting lost in all the red (not that this stops the Angels). Before deciding on the white cap, I'd considered a powder blue cap as well...and then put the idea to the side because, as you can see, there's no light blue in the rest of the uniform. Naturally, I once again contribute to the overexposure of powder blue:

cubslonealt132.png

Main difference is the name and numbers are the same color this time, blue outlined in white. I didn't think a red name would look as good here. Anyways, what say you?

2016cubscreamsig.png

Archived