Kansas City Royals Concept

DaRadniz29

Since I'm having issues with my computer cooperating on the football template for my "Jacks" logo, I decided to try a Kansas City Royals Concept and wanted to get some practice in.

logosheet2a.png

logosheetwordmarks1a.png

jerseydisplayroyals2.png

I wanted to update things without straying too far from the original. Had an idea for the crown and went from there. I adjusted the shield slightly and added a little bit to the crown. The Blue is very similar if not the same, but the gold on the crown was lightened a little. The Alternate logo is something I was messing around with. Kind of reminds me a little of Tampa Bay, but I like mine better :) I wasn't sure the C in the connecting "KC" was enough, but the more I look at it on the hats I think it's okay.

Wordmarks. With these I again didn't want to stray too far from what the Royals currently have. The R is slimmed and the remaining text feels a bit more regal or royal in my opinion. Yes, there's a lot hats, but why not have some variety? I wanted to make some more alternates, but wanted to change it up from the familiar a little.

Uniforms. The Royals have a great set so I wanted to keep the home and road pretty much the same. The Alternate though is where I decided to change things up. The Alternate kind of feels like a homage to the past, but at the same time a modern feel. Personally my favorite is the alternate.

I had a few more alternates for this - the one you see above and one similar to it but vest type with powder blues sleeve, and one without pinstripes. I picked the one above as it was my favorite, but now I'm not too sure. I'll see if I can track down the other alternates and post them.

Archived