2012-13 MLB Off-Season Thread

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Morosi/Rosenthal/Olney:

Johnson, Reyes, Buerhle, Bonafacio, Buck to Toronto

Escobar, Hechavarria, Jake Marisnick, Henderson Alvarez, Justin Nicolino to Miami

Why are the Marlins the way that they are?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

According to Morosi/Rosenthal/Olney:

Johnson, Reyes, Buerhle, Bonafacio, Buck to Toronto

Escobar, Hechavarria, Jake Marisnick, Henderson Alvarez, Justin Nicolino to Miami

Why are the Marlins the way that they are?

Answer: Because Jeffrey Loria owns them.

NYCdog.png

Any big pitcher to the Jays. I don't care about cost.

Wish GRANTED ...and then some.

RT @Ken_Rosenthal: Again, there are many names in this deal. The big ones: Reyes, Buerhle, Josh Johnson to #BlueJays.

Two solid experienced aces, plus Reyes and the return of John Buck. Xmas has come early!

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Does the Best Interests Of Baseball clause allow Selig to seize the team and sell it to someone who isn't the most disgusting primordial scum in sports?

he would have to use for once first. But it should be invoked here a la the A's sell off in the 70's.

Of course Selig should have ran Loria off in 2002 and not allow him to kill another team

This is, what, the 3rd Marlins fire sale?

You have to really hand it to them for so brazenly wiping their ass with the city of Miami.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This makes Donald Sterling look like George Friggin Steinbrenner.

RT @jonmorosi: #Marlins opened season with a payroll of roughly $100MM. After this trade, non-arb 2013 obligations will be ~ $16MM. Historic salary dump.
NYCdog.png

I have to wonder: Are the Marlins clearing room for an AROD deal?

That the only way this makes sense.

I like your way of thinking. But this is so much to replace, anyone now how good the Marlins farm is?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I have to wonder: Are the Marlins clearing room for an AROD deal?

That the only way this makes sense.

I like your way of thinking. But this is so much to replace, anyone now how good the Marlins farm is?

About as good as the Blue Jays' was yesterday.

I am one happy Blue Jays fan.

Trade value aside, the "OMGZ ROGERS IS CHEEP!!11!!1" crowd will shut up now!

As a Rays fan, I'm happy too. The Jays deserve to finally be relevant again after all their bad luck since their dynasty ended.

Same way as well. I'm glad Toronto is returning to relevance so baseball fans in Canada can start cheering for them again.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

As a Marlins fan, I'm sick of this fire sale horse s**t. I'm seriously considering giving them up and going full-time Brewers. I've always split my loyalties between South Florida and Milwaukee as that's where my family is. I'm just embarrassed to own any Marlins gear right now. :oh:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived