2012-13 MLB Off-Season Thread

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad for the Marlins fans out there, but I'm thrilled another team will challenge the Yankees next year. I hope Brian Cashman just peed his pants.

Jose Reyes on artificial turf...if he doesn't get too homer happy he'll hit a ton of triples.

Loria is the worst owner in the history of sports, BTW. The :censored: he's pulled in Montreal and Miami is just despicable, and it's clear that shiny new ballpark he got was a taxpayer-subsidized scam. Loria himself is also a pretentious douchenozzle.

Check out this article. It sums up a lot: Miami Marlins are a Hilarious Disgrace - http://deadspin.com/5960332/the-miami-marlins-are-a-hilarious-disgrace

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

As a Jays fan, pumped for this deal. MLB should merge the Rays and Marlins and create an expansion team elsewhere.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Other than the stadium issue what's wrong with Tampa? They've been a really good team for five consecutive seasons now with strong ownership and management.

The stadium issue and they don't draw well. (30th in MLB in attendance this year)

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Both managers did an outstanding job with the

(lack of) talent they were given. But becuase Showalter's squad plays on the east coast, I predict he will get the nod over Melvin.

Why I think Bryce Harper won the ROY over

Wade Miley.

Who's Wade Miley.

Pitcher for the Diamondbacks

I put a period instead of a question mark because I was being sarcastic. Sarcasm is tough to convey on the internet in certain instances though, so no worries.

Who's Wade Miley.
Boring East Coast bias as usual.

:lol:

Well done, Colonel.

Other than the stadium issue what's wrong with Tampa? They've been a really good team for five consecutive seasons now with strong ownership and management.

The stadium issue and they don't draw well. (30th in MLB in attendance this year)

Isn't that the stadium issue though? If they were in downtown Tampa they wouldn't have the attendance problem.

Someone is always going to be 30th in attendance one way or the other...

Other than that (which they've been trying to remedy even if nothing has happened yet) there is zero reason they would need to be axed.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I love 500 Days of Summer, though I don't know if I'm allowed to.

If I'm a Miami resident, I don't buy a single Marlins ticket, I don't buy any Marlins merchandise, and I don't watch a second of the local broadcasts. They deserve nothing and Loria just played the city like a fool.

I'm happy for the Blue Jays. Toronto is a great city and I would love it if their baseball team would experience the same resurgence we've seen in Baltimore and Cincinnati. That said, these guys weren't exactly lighting the world on fire in Miami a year ago. It'll give the Jays a boost for sure, especially because there's no way they experience the injury plague they had last season, but I don't think it'll be the thing that wins the AL East. They'll be competitive, but I could still see them finishing 4th in the division.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived