Minnesota T-Wolves Deemed "Too White"

hettinger_rl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to say the 2004 or 2005 Astros didn't have anyone who wasn't white. Must have been 2005. I think Richard Hidalgo was still on the '04 team.

Not 2005. Willy Taveras, Jose Vizcaino and Ezequiel Astacio are black, and there were several other Hispanic players. I mean, the guys mentioned aren't black Americans, but then again, they only make up about 8% of players today.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I want to say the 2004 or 2005 Astros didn't have anyone who wasn't white. Must have been 2005. I think Richard Hidalgo was still on the '04 team.

You're far off. They had Willy Tavares, Wandy Rodriguez, Humberto Quintaro, Orlando Palmeiro, and Jose Vizcaino. They were a majority white team, but they had some non white players too.

Not 2005. Willy Taveras, Jose Vizcaino and Ezequiel Astacio are black, and there were several other Hispanic players. I mean, the guys mentioned aren't black Americans, but then again, they only make up about 8% of players today.

Not 2004 either, as they had Beltran, Dotel, and a few others.

No, the complaints about hockey are only from hipster types who whine about the violence. Hockey's never about race, unless you're from Boston.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Can't wait til The Onion gets ahold of this and requests hiring quotas for white people in basketball.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

You're far off. They had Willy Tavares, Wandy Rodriguez, Humberto Quintaro, Orlando Palmeiro, and Jose Vizcaino. They were a majority white team, but they had some non white players too.

Not 2004 either, as they had Beltran, Dotel, and a few others.

Okay, there was some year that the Astros were too white and it set people off. I remember this.

EDIT: http://us.generation-nt.com/houston-astros-roster-has-no-black-players-topic-29588861.html

Oh it was just Joe Morgan complaining that no one was an African-American.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No, the complaints about hockey are only from hipster types who whine about the violence. Hockey's never about race, unless you're from Boston.

Can you provide evidence that those with the racist tweets were actually from Boston?

Well every twitter user from those stories that has an active account still hails from New England and either had Bruins or Patriots images as their backgrounds, or is tweeting about the Bruins still. At least the first 4 I found. Most of the accounts had been deleted because of the notoriety I'm sure.

Come on now, you know Boston doesn't have the best history when it comes to racism. Doesn't mean everyone there is racist.

Can you provide evidence that those with the racist tweets were actually from Boston?

Well every twitter user from those stories that has an active account still hails from New England and either had Bruins or Patriots images as their backgrounds, or is tweeting about the Bruins still. At least the first 4 I found. Most of the accounts had been deleted because of the notoriety I'm sure.

Come on now, you know Boston doesn't have the best history when it comes to racism. Doesn't mean everyone there is racist.

And that's the key. It's realistic to say that many of those tweets came from "Boston Sports Nation" (i.e., New England) whether or not you can prove it, but so what? As sad is it is to say this, that would probably have happened in any market. There are idiots everywhere.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would be rolling in his grave seeing the type of civil rights "leaders" that are at the forefront these days. Its a disgrace.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

These civil rights leaders are the racists, not the Timberwolves.

This actually makes me want to pull for them now as opposed to being against them.

Mentalities like yours are exactly why stuff like this gets aired in the media in the first place.

I'm surprised nobody's complained about hockey yet. :P

It's true. He's not complaining about the Wild or the Twins, just the Timberwolves. All he's done is implied that basketball is a stereotypically black sport and made himself look prejudice because there are too many white people playing a "black sport".

This actually makes me want to pull for them now as opposed to being against them.

Mentalities like yours are exactly why stuff like this gets aired in the media in the first place.

Please explain this.

There is nothing wrong with being sympathetic to a team being unfairly criticized as being racist.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Please explain this.

There is nothing wrong with being sympathetic to a team being unfairly criticized as being racist.

Because you're still letting what some alleged "black leader" in Minneapolis said about the T-Wolves be the sole factor in determining your allegiance to them (even if you are disagreeing with what he said). That treads a little too close to the "put the uppity negro in his place" mentality that we now know is finally being shoved into the dustbin of history (where it belongs).

Please explain this.

Because you're still letting what some alleged "black leader" in Minneapolis said about the T-Wolves be the sole factor in determining your allegiance to them (even if you are disagreeing with what he said). That treads a little too close to the "put the uppity negro in his place" mentality that we now know is finally being shoved into the dustbin of history (where it belongs).

It's not "put the uppity negro in his place" as you put it. It's probably more "Call this guy out for being a jackass."

Please explain this.

No, it's rooting for a team for being unfairly labeled due to race. No different than rooting for a predominantly black team because they're being discriminated against. Prejudice goes both ways in color. Luckily, these guys are pretty clearly idiots and their views aren't catching on.

Archived