Minnesota T-Wolves Deemed "Too White"

hettinger_rl

Where were y'alls back in the mid-2000s with the Pacers seriously, though?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These civil rights leaders are the racists, not the Timberwolves.

This actually makes me want to pull for them now as opposed to being against them.

Mentalities like yours are exactly why stuff like this gets aired in the media in the first place.

Please explain this.

There is nothing wrong with being sympathetic to a team being unfairly criticized as being racist.

Because you're still letting what some alleged "black leader" in Minneapolis said about the T-Wolves be the sole factor in determining your allegiance to them (even if you are disagreeing with what he said). That treads a little too close to the "put the uppity negro in his place" mentality that we now know is finally being shoved into the dustbin of history (where it belongs).

It's not "put the uppity negro in his place" as you put it. It's probably more "Call this guy out for being a jackass."

Pretty much. Sorry illwauk, I think you're off base here. The whole people should not be "judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character" thing works both ways. Just as we should strive to recognize the good in everyone regardless of race, so to should be able to call a jackass a jackass regardless of race. This particular jackass is black. His race shouldn't shield him from criticism.

I'm not entirely sure, but that was a case of the Pacers purposely seeking out white players to appeal to their fanbase right? That's low, but it's much like the Atlanta Thrashers purposefully signing every black NHLer they could to appeal to Atlanta's black community. It's low, and sleazy, but at the end of the day it's just silly.

Unless I missed something the T-wolves didn't try to put together a mostly white team. It just sort of happened. Which is where the outrage directed at Minnesota's so-called black leadership is coming from. The team's trying to put together the best team they can, and these civil rights leaders are peeved that the team isn't the "right" racial makeup. That's all kinds of messed up.

If the T-wolves did try to put together a white team, well it's just as silly as what the Pacers and Thrashers did. Still, that doesn't make the civil rights leaders any more "right." It goes back to what illwauk said in his first post of the thread. Is there really nothing more urgent to focus their energies on?

The Pacers didn't really do the white guy thing till two or three years ago, I thought. The mid-2000s Pacers would've been Stephen Jackson, Ron Artest, Jamaal Tinsley, Jermaine O'Neal, etc

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

These civil rights leaders are the racists, not the Timberwolves.

This actually makes me want to pull for them now as opposed to being against them.

Mentalities like yours are exactly why stuff like this gets aired in the media in the first place.

Please explain this.

There is nothing wrong with being sympathetic to a team being unfairly criticized as being racist.

Because you're still letting what some alleged "black leader" in Minneapolis said about the T-Wolves be the sole factor in determining your allegiance to them (even if you are disagreeing with what he said). That treads a little too close to the "put the uppity negro in his place" mentality that we now know is finally being shoved into the dustbin of history (where it belongs).

I do not have an allegiance to the Timberwolves. If they are ever playing the Knicks I will be rooting against them as hard as possible.

Also as a member minority that has had 0 players ever in the history of the league I find you comparing me to a person that wants to keep down the "uppity negro" down right asinine. I am more sympathetic to them now because I do not want this imbecile to taint the fact these players busted their asses to get into the position thet are today by the suggestion that their race was a bigger criteria in getting on the team than their hard earned talent.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

So, how is it proven that they did go about creating a white team? Is this a case of guilty until proven innocent?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

**MY BAD**

Unless I missed something the T-wolves didn't try to put together a mostly white team. It just sort of happened.

The discussion about this has been as deep as "how come there's no WHITE entertainment television, huh?"

Swing and a miss.

Racism is still a serious problem, and I think it just upsets people to see it applied where it shouldn't be.

Well, David Kahn did try to sign Nicolas Batum and Jordan Hill over the offseason. It's not like Kahn specifically went after white players in free agency.

In fact, this was even mentioned in the Yahoo article. However, it's written near the end so I can see how many of you did not get to that part of the article before angrily clicking the X button in disgust.

Archived