MLB Cap Concepts

GFB

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the I really stands out more with the bevel, but what if you just did less triangle shapes? It looks like 9 shapes are there now, and if you reduced it to 4 or 5 (similar to the pattern on Hawai'i's wordmark), it might not look as muddy when reduced to embroidery size.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Cleveland Indians:

First of all, I must say that your presentation is amazing. That shows you work hard on your concepts. Bonus points for that. Second, that might be one of the best Cleveland Indians logo concepts I've ever seen. The font is great, the feathers are nicely detailed, but the design in the middle is my favorite part. I see a hammer in there as well. That logo could be part of a great set even today.

Real World Practicality: 10/10

Concept Itself: 10/10

Houston Astros:

The only thing I really like is the colors. For a state where the culture is based on being big and bold, this logo just feels empty to me. It's very skinny, I don't really understand the reason behind the top "triangle part" of the star droops down and overlaps with the rest, and I am also left with a bit of emptiness since the middle of the logo has a lot of blank space.

Real World Practicality: 6/10

Concept Itself: 5/10

I think the I really stands out more with the bevel, but what if you just did less triangle shapes? It looks like 9 shapes are there now, and if you reduced it to 4 or 5 (similar to the pattern on Hawai'i's wordmark), it might not look as muddy when reduced to embroidery size.

The 'I' standing out more is exacty why the Brel should not]/I] be included. The design is supposed to be a C with the feather. The inside of the C cleverly depicts a subtle I. That's how it should be. The I shouldn't be the focal point of the design and the bevel causes it to be too noticeable and clutters of the design.

I love both of these hats. Like others are saying, the Indians cap is perfect the way it is now, and I agree that it looks stronger without the white design in the I.

The Astros one is also really nice. I love the fact that the top of the star also serves as a hidden A and you used the tequila sunrise. The only problem I have with it is that the inside corners of the star don't match the colors on the same line (I particularly notice the bottom inside corner, where you've got a red and an orange triangle in a part that is all yellow). I think the logo would be perfect if you gave each color its own horizontal line.

I don't wear caps, but if I did, I'd buy both of these in a heartbeat, great work.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The 'I' standing out more is exacty why the Brel should not]/I] be included. The design is supposed to be a C with the feather. The inside of the C cleverly depicts a subtle I. That's how it should be. The I shouldn't be the focal point of the design and the bevel causes it to be too noticeable and clutters of the design.

Wow, I just realized that the design is an 'I' and not the stubs of a hammer. That makes it even more creative. Again, amazing job on this GFB.

• 2 weeks later...

Houston Astros:

The only thing I really like is the colors. For a state where the culture is based on being big and bold, this logo just feels empty to me. It's very skinny, I don't really understand the reason behind the top "triangle part" of the star droops down and overlaps with the rest, and I am also left with a bit of emptiness since the middle of the logo has a lot of blank space.

Real World Practicality: 6/10

Concept Itself: 5/10

I think the top "triangle part" that comes down is supposed to form a letter "A". Thats why the right part cuts into it a bit to try and form the line that would intersect the A

The first Indians cap was the better of the two. Without the white bevel on the "I" people might not be able to tell if there was an "I" there. Good job otherwise.

As for the Astros, the cap looks good up close but will fans be able to tell the rainbow pattern is there when they watch on TV or live at the game? If you want the pattern to stand out you may want to consider thickening the logo. Another good one though.

The first Indians cap was the better of the two. Without the white bevel on the "I" people might not be able to tell if there was an "I" there. Good job otherwise.

The 'I' isn't supposed to standout. The logo's a 'C' with a subtle 'I' cleverly integrated into it.

Exactly. Everyone gets a pat on the back for being able to see the I in the negative space. Well spotted. The emphasis shouldn't be on the negative space. The logo is still a C.

Archived