2013 Minor League & Independent Baseball changes

Burmy

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost looks like this was done in-house. And if it was, well, whoever did it should be fired.

To say this is a downgrade is a huge understatement.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

39Thirty-New-Era-SWB-Logo-(_300.jpg

This cap is a thing of beauty... Not excited about the name or logos... but i'll get used to it...

Just get ready for a :censored:-ton of "We got railed" puns... ugh...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Asmsomeone who grew up an hour from Dutchess Stadium and interned with the Renegades in 2007, I'm very disappointed with this downgrade. Their previous set was much better, and the set before that (same caps, different jerseys as the last set) was great! (IMO)... this though, just makes me sick. There was nothing wrong with what they had, and no reason to change it, other than increa$ed revenue. But what a joke...I still can't get over "Renegade" in white letters, with a black "s" on the end.

Now as a Yankee fan, I'm not crazy about the RailRiders identity, but I love the caps, and like a previous poster said, I'll get used to it. I suppose it beats the rest of the finalists, though. The one thing I find silly, is that (and correct me if I'm wrong, because I've never been to a game at PNC Field, although I have driven past it) I don't think you can get there by train. Seems a little redundant. But again, I could be wrong, and if I am, hopefully somebody corrects me.

This cap is a thing of beauty... Not excited about the name or logos... but i'll get used to it...

7th-grade-me can't stop snickering at the name. Modern-day me kinda agrees.

The Renegades full logo is just awful. The HV logo isn't bad, though.

The reason the "HV" logo is as high quality as it is, is because it was recycled from a previous set, that obviously, was professionally done. It's not included as a bastardized beacon of hope among the ranks of the new breed of cartoony 'coon.

That got poetic quickly. :lol:

The Renegades set is such a horrible horrible downgrade.

- The new "head" logo isn't clean, the highlights are all wrong, it's sloppy and thrown together.

- What's with the bright "RENEGADE" script, and then the "S" in the racoon detail?

- The only bright spot in this reveal is the fact they decided to keep the "HV" logo, even though it's just thrown on the Alt and BP caps.

I do like the new color scheme though...

I love the color scheme as well, but hate the rest.

Even without knowing it, I could have guessed that the "HV" was recycled. It doesn't match anything else in this set; the font is all wrong, all angles and beveling, and it's the only place we find the darker blue.

The "RENEGADEs" text makes no sense at all. Bad enough that the background is inconsistent (giving us gray backgrounds to the R, E and D but a black background to the G), but what exactly was the thought behind trying to downplay that final letter?

hudson-valley-renegades-new-logos.jpg

With the exception of the recolored "HV-Tail" mark, the Renegades' new logo package is ABYSMAL.

Elsewhere in minor-pro baseball, the Trois-Rivières Aigles of the independent Can-Am League have unveiled their identity package.

troisrivieresprimary.jpg

The team's logos were created by graphic design firm Agence Absolu of Trois-Rivières.

Not bad, that's the first Lost-Co Op typeset that i've seen featured in a Sports Logo. I've seen many LCO types in general design, but this is the first time i've seen one used in a team logo.

Nice color scheme, and not a bad monogram, although I think it's a little too horizontal. That cap is easily my favorite element in the set.

That new Renegades set is atrocious. Such great potential with the color scheme, all laid to waste. What on earth were they thinking putting a full wordmark on a cap? And I'm sorry, the black cap with the eyes is a failed rip-off of the classic Lake Elsinore Storm cap. I do like that white front panel alt cap. It contains the only good cap logo in this new set, but those contrasting eyelets on the front panel almost kill it for me.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

SUCH a downgrade. The HV logo isn't even on a cap. I would buy one if it was, now I'll just get an old one on sale.

Actually it is on a cap, looks like an alt and the BP

o8GATHDN.jpg

It's a shame, too, because what seems to be the BP cap is the only good-looking cap. I mean, these are terrible. On one you've got a barely visible pair of raccoon eyes with what appears to be half a phantom silhouette, on another you have the full wordmark plastered on the front with contrasting ventilation holes (is there even a term for those?), and on the final one you have a white front panel and a contrasting bill. Ugh.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived