2013 Minor League & Independent Baseball changes

Burmy

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still unsure on the new SWB name/look. I always thought it was cool to have the minor league teams also called the Yankees. I realize the MLB Yanks don't like this now, but then again Hank and Hal are not George so this may be those clowns new thing.

I've always enjoyed minor league teams having team names that aren't the name of the parent club because it 1) requires more creativity then simply calling a team "GCL Astros" or something similar and 2) the minor leagues aren't the bigs. You kinda lose that mystique. Sure, you might be in the Yankees organization if you play with SWB, but you're not a Yankee quite yet.

What you dont understand is that the GCL and Arizona League are leagues that are housed at spring training complexes, not stadiums.

Fair point.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is the first time I've have been in this thread in a while and what in the mother clucking is trucking. I was hoping football style wouldn't get into baseball. What's EMS?

The Disney version of a classic playing card game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Brandiose put out a behind-the-scenes video about the Fightins' new road jersey. I did not realize that Wilson was based in Tennessee, so that was cool for me!

The last shot was the same picture that was featured on the Brandiose bus in Nashville:

ScreenShot2012-12-10at65018PM.png

- Boise is veeeerrrryy interesting. Love everything but the hat, honestly.

- "Baseballtown" is good in a vacuum but not when matched with the rest of the identity.

- Did I mention I love the Ems' new look?

- That RailRiders pinstripe set is slicker than hot snot on a brass doorknob. The gold thread is shimmery, and I believe the back numbers are maroon with a navy stroke.

- Navy Fightins set is solid. Everything on the top is sublimated, including numbers. I know that's something Wilson has been pushing lately. We (the Jackson Generals) are actually using Wilson to replace our jerseys for 2013. Everything on our gray roads and black BPs will be sublimated. The pinstripes on our homes will be sublimated, but everything else is stitched tackle twill.

That pic reminds me of some crappy comic book heroes or some bad 1980's hair band. Give them long hair and a guitar or a shield and a hambone or something. It screams beer league softball too. Actually, I think it's a mix of all the above.

KISSwall09.jpg

Yuma Desert Rats (formerly the Yuma Scorpions) of the new American West League (formerly part of the now defunct North American League) unveiled their new logo today.

382109_449857231745812_1754934687_n.jpg

Which replaces their last used logo and their never used "Panthers" name and logo (they didn't play using the then new Panthers name and logo during the 2012 season):

yuma-scorpians-logo.jpgyuma-panthers-logo-2.png

Brandiose put out a behind-the-scenes video about the Fightins' new road jersey. I did not realize that Wilson was based in Tennessee, so that was cool for me!

The last shot was the same picture that was featured on the Brandiose bus in Nashville:

- Boise is veeeerrrryy interesting. Love everything but the hat, honestly.

- "Baseballtown" is good in a vacuum but not when matched with the rest of the identity.

- Did I mention I love the Ems' new look?

- That RailRiders pinstripe set is slicker than hot snot on a brass doorknob. The gold thread is shimmery, and I believe the back numbers are maroon with a navy stroke.

- Navy Fightins set is solid. Everything on the top is sublimated, including numbers. I know that's something Wilson has been pushing lately. We (the Jackson Generals) are actually using Wilson to replace our jerseys for 2013. Everything on our gray roads and black BPs will be sublimated. The pinstripes on our homes will be sublimated, but everything else is stitched tackle twill.

That pic reminds me of some crappy comic book heroes or some bad 1980's hair band. Give them long hair and a guitar or a shield and a hambone or something. It screams beer league softball too. Actually, I think it's a mix of all the above.

The only uniforms I can tolerate is the Fightin's blues and the Railriders homes.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to show this to someone not into sports logos/uniforms like us and ask them, "what two players are representing the same team?"

I just decided to ask this to my brother, and he went through every other possible combination before I told him the answer. :censored:ing ridiculous...

Those numbers are so far south, that they look like they're affiliated with Vegas.

But yes, meh. But they look like A Baseball Team, for sure.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Look at the first "S" in Bisons... it goes over the placket, but the "S" is one piece. Are these pull over jerseys with a placket sewn on for the look of a traditional jersey? THe away jerseys have the same issue....

590x388xBuffalo-Bisons-New-Home-Uniform-Lettering-2013-590x388.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cF5vfdF5ac.jpg

590x332xBuffalo-Bisons-New-2013-Road-Uniform-Lettering-590x332.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gmRfmhen18.jpg

590x472xBuffalo-Bisons-New-Cap-Logo-2013-590x472.jpg.pagespeed.ic.93hDrIv7G9.jpg5019_buffalo_bisons-primary-2013.jpg

Can't get over how much better the Bisons' logo looks embroidered.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived