2013 Minor League & Independent Baseball changes

Burmy

You people are crazy.

Buffalo's new uniforms scream "rec league". There's no thought put into them, the front numbers are too damn low, and the whole thing looks, to be honest, slapped together. And whoever thought straight nameplates on baseball jerseys looked good needs to be beaten with a Louisville Slugger. Leave the straight nameplates for football and hockey.

I don't mind traditional looks, but when that crosses over into plain, like these are, it just ruins it. This is supposed to be Minor League Baseball, right? Jazz up the jerseys a bit! Gimme pinstripes, piping, something! You don't have to go over-the-top gaudy, but geez. These things are yawn-inducing.

OK, rant over. :)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St. Lucie Mets (single A) release new logo and uniforms

A-W2piQCMAEDtuA.jpg

A-W2NEaCUAAhZj7.jpg

Victory! If you're gonna be named for the parent club, put a local twist on it. Love the Snowbird Mr Met, though he should probably look about 50 years older...

Well, he is 61 years old...

You people are crazy.

Buffalo's new uniforms scream "rec league". There's no thought put into them, the front numbers are too damn low, and the whole thing looks, to be honest, slapped together. And whoever thought straight nameplates on baseball jerseys looked good needs to be beaten with a Louisville Slugger. Leave the straight nameplates for football and hockey.

I don't mind traditional looks, but when that crosses over into plain, like these are, it just ruins it. This is supposed to be Minor League Baseball, right? Jazz up the jerseys a bit! Gimme pinstripes, piping, something! You don't have to go over-the-top gaudy, but geez. These things are yawn-inducing.

The Buffalo Bisons brand has been around since the 19th century, if anything, they're one of the few minor league clubs that SHOULD have a traditional look.

It's AAA. The players are one heartbeat from playing the majors. I think a more traditional look should be encouraged.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Look at the first "S" in Bisons... it goes over the placket, but the "S" is one piece. Are these pull over jerseys with a placket sewn on for the look of a traditional jersey? THe away jerseys have the same issue....

590x388xBuffalo-Bisons-New-Home-Uniform-Lettering-2013-590x388.jpg.pagespeed.ic.cF5vfdF5ac.jpg

590x332xBuffalo-Bisons-New-2013-Road-Uniform-Lettering-590x332.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gmRfmhen18.jpg

Yes, they certainly appear to be pullovers / faux button downs. You can see a horizontal seam just above the upper button on both the "Bisons" and "Buffalo" images. They're button down down to that seam, but the buttons are faux below the seam. Good catch.

Following a three-week "Name the Team" contest, the former Rockford RiverHawks of the independent Frontier League have rebranded as the Rockford Aviators.

"We felt it (Aviators) was a natural connection to the region's rich aviation history, from pioneers Colonel Bert Hassel and Bessica Raiche to the stability and growth of the present, " said Aviators president Bryan Wickline.

According to the press release announcing the change, "[t]eam logos and a new website are currently being crafted. The team's colors will remain navy and orange with accents of columbia blue".

• 2 weeks later...

There are 3283 caps on sale on milbstore.com. You have to weed out the toddler caps and stuff, but there are some good deals.

http://www.milbstore...=1&parentID=982

Impulse bought this which was 5 bucks. Ended up 13 and change with shipping.

Home_Fitted_Cap_300.jpg

I'm guessing that was so cheap because they've changed their caps for 2013 to match the new Astros identity.

New Greeneville Astros marks:

Primary Mark:

GreenevilleAstros_PMK0100a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Home Cap Mark:

GreenevilleAstros_CAP0101a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Road Cap Mark:

GreenevilleAstros_CAP0201a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

BP Cap Mark:

GreenevilleAstros_CAP0301a_2013_SCC_SRGB.png

Note the usage of a lighter Blue in the Road Cap mark...mirrors the double Orange in the Home Cap. A nice touch - one that I hope will by used by the parent club as well (if it hasn't been changed already)...

For those of you who are interested, I'm putting together all of the 2013 MiLB graphics for my blog...which of course can then be used on the Mothership.

Stay tuned. (Almost done.)

Is there any way you could get the Daytona Cubs 2012 changes onto the Mothership?

Sure...

Following a three-week "Name the Team" contest, the former Rockford RiverHawks of the independent Frontier League have rebranded as the Rockford Aviators.

"We felt it (Aviators) was a natural connection to the region's rich aviation history, from pioneers Colonel Bert Hassel and Bessica Raiche to the stability and growth of the present, " said Aviators president Bryan Wickline.

According to the press release announcing the change, "[t]eam logos and a new website are currently being crafted. The team's colors will remain navy and orange with accents of columbia blue".

And here is the Rockford Aviators' new logo package...

Aviators-Logos.png

The logos were designed by Tanner Taylor and Rockford-based Exclusive Pro Sports.

The "A" is really unbalanced on its own. I don't think it will look particularly good on a hat. Probably should have added a standalone "R" to the package. Still, looks nice overall, good use of the colors, and great to see the local guys get the work, especially when it's an excellent outfit like EPS.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Frankly, I find the whole package pretty brutal. The "A" is awkwardly rendered and, as others have pointed out, doesn't work well on its own, or in a roundel containment shape. The airplane, by itself, is serviceable at best. The manner in which the wordmark is simply plopped down on top of it in the primary mark screams, "Lazy!". The majority of the wordmark (i.e. everything other than the uninspiring "A") is nothing that I haven't seen on the uniforms of beer-league softball teams across America. The only thing I find even remotely attractive is the roundel-and-wings device... and that is marred by the inclusion of the piss-poor "A".

Oof, what a bad logo. You've all already pointed out the flaws with the wordmark, but look at that plane! It's terrible in it's own right. At least to me, everything on the plane looks crooked, doesn't do a good job showing any movement, has a propeller that just looks like it was slapped on at the last and just sits there. Oh, and I just noticed that the top wing and tail both have outlines that are much thicker than the outlines everywhere else. It sticks out like crazy and I find that's all I can focus on.

Overall, it's one pretty bad package.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The bat-propeller does stick out as being weirdly static.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived