2013 Minor League & Independent Baseball changes

Burmy

Why are there so many cheeseheads in Oregon? Are they there for the beer?

Basically, because the job market in Wisconsin can't sustain all of the graduates the UW system is churning out. As for why Portland/Oregon... I would imagine it's because Oregon has the Northwoodsy cultural similarities of Wisconsin, but the weather is a little better and the overall environment is a little more progressive... especially in the rural areas. Plus, Wisconsinites by and large (save for maybe 2/3rds of Milwaukee's Eastside) don't like their cities to be too city-ish, so Portland wins on that end too.

I've lived here for four years and this is the first I'm hearing of this influx of Wisconsinites. I'm from Minnesota originally and everywhere I go I seem to run into a disproportionate # of people from my home state. But I've never thought that to mean there are a lot of Minnesotans here. I'm just paying attention to them more.

My aunt, one of my best friends, and one of my girlfriends' best friends are all displaced Wisconsinites in Portland, and all of them have commented on how they can't believe how many other Wisconsin folks they've met out west. I also had the manager of one of the bands (who was from Portland) that played the venue where I work that she was excited to visit Wisconsin for the first time because she met so many people from here at the shows they did back home. It also seems like everyone I know in my age bracket knows someone who moved to Oregon after college.

Granted this all could just be the phenomena you're talking about, but I think there's something to be said about how craft brewing culture took such an easy hold in Portland or why Portland was the city responsible for "bringing back" PBR.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're loving that they "brought back" PBR? That stuff's naaaaaaaaaaaaaasty.

Worst thing is, people who visit Milwaukee would rather tour the old Pabst facilities that have been dead for 20 years than go to a quality craft brewery like Lakefront, Sprecher or Milwaukee Brewing (Ale House).

Lakefront's tour was okay. It was kinda dumpy, but neat to see the old Brewers stuff inside. "One more, then we'll go!"

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'll chime in... As a native Oregonian (yes, we still exist!) I absolutely love this name. It's quirky without being far-fetched, the logo is merchandise-friendly, and I hope the uniforms show some classy elements.

I will say, it remains to be seen how well supported this team will be. Drawing from Portland proper is going to be tough. People are already complaining about the "drive" from Portland to Hillsboro, which is a stupid argument. However, Hilsboro is out there a ways off the I-5 corridor, so we shall see. Nice to have another Oregon team in the NWL. For what it's worth, this team came from Yakima, WA, and prior to that was the Salem Dodgers franchise nearly 20 years ago.

Portland natives will complain about anything that isnt easily accesable from the MAX or on the waterfront. From I5, down 26 to Cornelius Pass Rd, your looking at 15-20 minutes. That doesnt stop them and everyone on the east side to flood the Washington County Fair each and every year, so I don't see that being a problem coming to a ball game.

I guess Im the lucky one that could literaly walk to the ballpark if I wanted to...... go Hops! Ha!!

DLWatt.png

I'll chime in... As a native Oregonian (yes, we still exist!) I absolutely love this name. It's quirky without being far-fetched, the logo is merchandise-friendly, and I hope the uniforms show some classy elements.

I will say, it remains to be seen how well supported this team will be. Drawing from Portland proper is going to be tough. People are already complaining about the "drive" from Portland to Hillsboro, which is a stupid argument. However, Hilsboro is out there a ways off the I-5 corridor, so we shall see. Nice to have another Oregon team in the NWL. For what it's worth, this team came from Yakima, WA, and prior to that was the Salem Dodgers franchise nearly 20 years ago.

Portland natives will complain about anything that isnt easily accesable from the MAX or on the waterfront. From I5, down 26 to Cornelius Pass Rd, your looking at 15-20 minutes. That doesnt stop them and everyone on the east side to flood the Washington County Fair each and every year, so I don't see that being a problem coming to a ball game.

I guess Im the lucky one that could literaly walk to the ballpark if I wanted to...... go Hops! Ha!!

I'm with you DL. I'm not even a 10-minute drive from the new ballpark.

No, the old Lakefront facility was a dump. Charming in it's neighborhood setting, but a dump. Why don't you like the "new" location?

A dirty, nondescipt box with broken concrete floors, peeling paint and piles of crap everywhere. Maybe that was the old one; I don't get back to the Cream City very often.

Just wanted to throw in here, that this next week, on the Logocast, we're going to be talking to K.L. Wombacher, the team's General Manager and Vice President.

We're going to go over the design process from the team's standpoint, the timeline involved, the steps they took to rebrand, and probably a lot of other things.

The Lexington Legends of the Single-A South Atlantic League have unveiled new logos and uniforms. The new identity package - six months in the making and created by Jason Klein and Casey White at San Diego-based Brandiose - coincidentally accompanies the Legends' signing of a Player Development Contract with a new Major League Baseball parent-club, the Kansas City Royals.

LegendsB.png

1bqzM8.AuSt.79.jpeg

From left to right, the jerseys and accompanying caps are from the Legends' new road, alternate home (vest), and home uniforms.

The team's new color palette is comprised of Regal Green, Bluegrass Blue and Creme.

Archived