Every Team's Best Look Ever - NHL Edition (Official)

rmackman

BgMack27, I owe you an apology. I missed the thing about the chart and I have to say it's a great idea. Thought this was just another "best look in history" thread. Anyhow 5 yard penalty or not, my original image isn't helpful for this as it does not feature all 30 NHL teams. So I'll be doing them by division with the full uniform sets. Only 1 pick has changed.

Anaheim Ducks

Went with the original set here sans shoulder patches. This set is so far and above the bland, corporate looking jerseys currently worn it's ridiculous. It's no shock the Ducks overhaul happened the same year of the buffaslug.

mightyducks1.png

Dallas Stars

The colours of the inaugural set are superior but the choice of green as the primary colour is ultimately more important than any other design decision the team could make. The colour heirarchy is absolutely perfect and I don't mind the all star striping pattern. It was a unique look that no other team had. Certainly more distinctive than the brave duds the team wears now :rolleyes:

stars05.png

Los Angeles Kings

This one had to be changed from my original pick. I still maintain the current road jersey is the best in Kings history but I can't give it the win when it's paired with the current black jersey. Not when it has piping in place of hem stripes and crest you can barely see. Consistancy is important which is why the Gretzky set gets the win.

kings20.png

Phoenix Coyotes

I hate the Coyotes current look, pre Edge or Edge it looks awful. They look like a brick version of the red wings minus a decent logo. The inaugural look by comparison was colourful and creative. I also own an authentic Black and whoever on here said it was a sight to behold wasn't lying.

coyotes01.png

San Jose Sharks

Call me crazy but I think a 90's expansion team dressed in teal should have a non traditional looking jersey. The teal version with it's mat gray shoulders was not only a modern classic but the best in Sharks history. The white jersey is less spectacular but it holds it's own in the set.

sharks06.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my go, pics in no particular order - missed a few teams partly because I think they don't have any half decent look and/or I got sick of looking through images.

NHL_Panorama.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

BgMack27, I owe you an apology. I missed the thing about the chart and I have to say it's a great idea. Thought this was just another "best look in history" thread. Anyhow 5 yard penalty or not, my original image isn't helpful for this as it does not feature all 30 NHL teams. So I'll be doing them by division with the full uniform sets. Only 1 pick has changed.

No problem. Apology accepted. I figured you just weren't reading what I wrote, which is why I kept busting your chops about it. No harm, no foul. ;)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here's my go, pics in no particular order - missed a few teams partly because I think they don't have any half decent look and/or I got sick of looking through images.

NHL_Panorama.jpg

Wow, that is a seriously vintage selection, and I thought I was a traditionalist.

Only one disagreement, and that's the Kansas City Scouts. I've been made fun of in that jersey, people thought it looked "clownish"

You have the Devils and Rockies in there anyway, which is all one franchise, but I had to say, aside from the logo, that jersey is awful

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Central Division

Chicago Blackhawks

The Black jersey was a nice change of pace

blackhawks45.png

Columbus Blue Jackets

I don't think the Blue Jackets have ever had a good looking jersey to be honest. This is set is slightly more tolerable than what came before.

bluejackets06.png

Detroit Red Wings

I like how the logo colours are reversed on this set... and how the stripe on the red jersey is higher. Provides better consistency with the white version.

redwings20.png

Nashville Predators

While I loathe the piping and goofy template, the decision to go with yellow at home gives it the win. Not that there was much competition

predators12.png

St Louis Blues

Obvious choice. The only other set coming close was the one with minimal red trim in the early 90's. This is still much better though.

blues22.png

Wow, that is a seriously vintage selection, and I thought I was a traditionalist.

Only one disagreement, and that's the Kansas City Scouts. I've been made fun of in that jersey, people thought it looked "clownish"

You have the Devils and Rockies in there anyway, which is all one franchise, but I had to say, aside from the logo, that jersey is awful.

If I had to choose only one from the franchise history, probably would go with the Rockies with the green Devils a close second.

I think quite a few teams got it right the first time (or have had their best look so far to date).

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Calgary Flames

This was a perfect set that got completely butchered during the Edge debacle. If you had asked me in 2006/07 who the best dressed team was, the Flames would definitely be considered.

flames18.png

Colorado Avalanche

Obvious choice. Note the lighter shade of bergundy, makes the uniform pop more.

avalanche02.png

Edmonton Oilers

Navy, Red and Copper was a dated looking scheme 10 years ago. The original scheme blows it out of the water in my opinion

oilers11.png

Minnesota Wild

The original Iron Range Red jersey was a fantastic look for the Wild. Just not a full time. A hockey team playing in Minnesota is meant to be green. Even if the jersey is not as popular with the fans.

wild04.png

Vancouver Canucks

The set isn't perfect but damned if it's not the best they've ever looked. Those colours look better than they ever did during the teams early years and the updated stick and rink gives some legitimacy to a previously bad logo.

canucks33.png

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived