Every Team's Best Look Ever - MLB Edition

rmackman

Alright, on to Major League Baseball! As usual, I made a "chart" of what I think every single MLB team's best look is that they've ever had (with a few exceptions). I invite you guys to post your own complete league breakdown of your favorite looks for each team.

Here are the rules:

• If the team has moved, you cannot use their prior location (i.e. Montreal Expos are out)
  • This is only for a team's best overall look. It's not organized by my "favorite player." In fact, I don't care what players are on here. In some cases you'll find a team's icon used as the photo because that would likely be the most abundant photo found on Google.
  • If I put a team's home uniform up, and you prefer the road/alternate version of the same era, that's fine. That's not something I'm going to change on here. The idea is simply to get the best uniform combo that any specific team has worn for at least one season.
  • There are some teams that have, more or less, never changed their uniforms (i.e. the Yankees/Red Sox), and in that case, you can put any incarnation of their uniform that you want. They're basically all the same. However, if you feel the need to justify a particular version, feel free to do so.

I think, overall, you'll find I prefer bright/vibrant colors, a traditional look, and uniforms that stand out. I'm not as worried about how they look if fans were to buy them as fashion accessories. Feel free to comment on my list, and make your own lists...AND PLEASE USE PHOTOS (Each of mine is about 300x400 pixels)!

MLB1.png

MLB2.png

MLB3.png

MLB4.png

MLB5.png

MLB6.png

MLB7.png

MLB8.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

PittsburghPirates.jpg

Dafack is up with that cap?

That was from Opening Day 2009. They wore caps that honored the Pittsburgh Police since 3 of them were killed by a deranged gunman who locked himself in his house. So what you're seeing is the logo and wordmark of the Pittsburgh Police Department which is the really the Pittsburgh Seal with a wordmark over it:

03-15-53_pirates-manager-john-russell_original.jpg

PittsburghPirates.jpg

Dafack is up with that cap?

That was from Opening Day 2009. They wore caps that honored the Pittsburgh Police since 3 of them were killed by a deranged gunman who locked himself in his house. So what you're seeing is the logo and wordmark of the Pittsburgh Police Department which is the really the Pittsburgh Seal with a wordmark over it:

03-15-53_pirates-manager-john-russell_original.jpg

Didn't even notice that. The list's been fixed.

Not the first time I've said this, you have terrible taste.

There's no way in any world where the Dodgers briefly worn blue jersey is the best look they've ever worn.

Or the Cardinals' red jerseys.

Woah now... just because I think those are the best looks doesn't mean I think they should be worn full-time. I just like them the best.

Well obviously. I don't think the Nationals should wear their white homes full time either.

It's just that in no way do we feel like a lot of your choices come close to being their team's "best ever" look. And hey, live and let live, to each his own, and all of that jazz. It's just that when you post your unconventional opinions in a public setting, people will debate them ;)

Archived