2014 Final Four Logo

sportsfan0518

Well it was released only a few minutes ago, and here it is!

2anvi9.png

What do y'all think of it? I really dont like how it lacks color, like the Super Bowl XLV North Texas logo. Yet, I think this would make a really great logo on the court!

North Texas? Really?! Ugh, I hate the NCAA's regional names.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

It had potential. The way the Stadium is portrayed, albeit close enough, still looks like crap.

I would have preferred a Cowboy Boot, back when these logos pictured things from around the region.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Very much reminds me of the Super Bowl logos. It has a cold, "steel" feel to it, but I like the abstract capturing of Cowboys Stadium. The designer did a fantastic job making the "chrome effect" appear real in the sightline of the reflections. All in all, I like it.

My only complaint now that i've looked at it for a few moments is the intense kerning of the "2014 North Texas" type at the top.

Pretty boring, but that has been the trend with Final Four logos of late. I know the NCAA wants to push the Final Four branding in big blocks, but it really has killed the creative element in the logos. My favorites were Seattle 95 with the forest and mountain background and the Statue of Liberty when the Meadowlands hosted a year later. None of the logos in the past few years have come close to those and a few others from the 90s. Just my opinion.

Well it was released only a few minutes ago, and here it is!

2anvi9.png

What do y'all think of it? I really dont like how it lacks color, like the Super Bowl XLV North Texas logo. Yet, I think this would make a really great logo on the court!

North Texas? Really?! Ugh, I hate the NCAA's regional names.

Let me tell ya a little about my area and "regional names"....

- Name it for Arlington: People (mainly media) will question, why name it for a suburb?

- Name it for Dallas: Fort Worthians will be angry because the stadium isn't even in Dallas County anymore, and the city is once again being ignored nationally.

- Name it for Fort Worth: Dallasites will be angry for giving "the #2" in the area more attention than the larger city.

- Name it North Texas:.... the only people who really complain are those who DON'T live here.

Out of those four options, you go for the regional approach to make everyone equally happy/annoyed.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

well it is appropriate isnt it? i like flat color, but blingin' chrome definitely fits everything else that has been associated with that stadium. and that seems to be what they want to emphasize. its not about a city in particular, but all of North Texas. theres not anything specific to pull from, so you're stuck with doing the stadium unless you feel something generic (Texas flag, state outline) was a better graphic solution. i give it a "meh"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

- Name it for Arlington: People (mainly media) will question, why name it for a suburb?

- Name it for Dallas: Fort Worthians will be angry because the stadium isn't even in Dallas County anymore, and the city is once again being ignored nationally.

- Name it for Fort Worth: Dallasites will be angry for giving "the #2" in the area more attention than the larger city.

- Name it North Texas:.... the only people who really complain are those who DON'T live here.

Out of those four options, you go for the regional approach to make everyone equally happy/annoyed.

Why not just call it "Dallas-Fort Worth?" It works for the airport.

North Texas is confusing as hell for those of us outside of Texas... to us, that could just as easily mean Amarillo or Lubbock.

North Texas is confusing as hell for those of us outside of Texas... to us, that could just as easily mean Amarillo or Lubbock.

Better "DFW" than spelling it all out.

I can see that.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Well, technically Amarillo and Lubbock are considered to be In west Texas (where I live btw) even though it is the north part of Texas.

So they take the logo:

StadiumLogo_070109_300.jpg

Put Final Four above it, and call it a day. Gotcha; a boring logo for a boring venue.

yea its generic, but like i said what else can you do? you're representing North Texas. its not like you can pull architecture from a specific city outside of the stadium. its enough to serve its purpose.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Well, technically Amarillo and Lubbock are considered to be In west Texas (where I live btw) even though it is the north part of Texas.

I know, that's why I picked them as examples... if not for Terry Funk mentioning West Texas in his promos, I probably wouldn't know the difference.

Archived