• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tampa Bay Lightning: currently the only team to use a design element on their pants. The vast majority are solid colored, a few have stripes but off the top of my head no one else has a unique element like Tampa's bolt design. Dallas used to with the DALLAS text.

Tampa Bay Lightning: currently the only team to use a design element on their pants. The vast majority are solid colored, a few have stripes but off the top of my head no one else has a unique element like Tampa's bolt design. Dallas used to with the DALLAS text.

Not unless you consider the Islanders' thirds as a unique design element, since the triangle completes the diamond shape started on the jersey. Also, the Capitals have the stars on their alt pants.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Off the top of my head:

The Utah Jazz are currently the only North American Big 4 (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) sports team* to use some form of blue (navy), green (forest), and yellow (dark?) in their color scheme. You'd think some Big 4 team, somewhere, would use such a simple color combo--maybe not like the Jazz, but some variation of blue, green, and yellow. They're also the only Big 4 team ever* to wear purple, green, and yellow.

*As far as I know.

The Minnesota Wild are currently the only major pro team to currently have red, green, and yellow in their color scheme.

Next year, the San Jose Sharks will be the only major pro sports team to have teal as their primary color. The New Orleans Hornets dumped teal for Creole blue, the Jacksonville Jaguars will push teal to the side as they become just another primarily black team, and the Miami Marlins, as we all know, ditched teal as their main color before this last year.

Don't know if it's going to last past this year (doesn't look likely, judging by the new court), but the Phoenix Suns are the only major pro team to sport a primarily purple and orange color scheme. With major college programs, Clemson uses those colors as well, but I can't think of anyone else that does.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

The Clippers are the only team that still uses a baseball-style script full time. And considering how classy those scripts look, I'm glad they've stood the test of time.

qd609.jpg

Chauncey-Billups-chris-paul-clippers.jpg

ross_cassell_kaman_capt_7328294e0a4c41bdbc507cea1e95c24f_russia_nba_basketball_cska_moscow_los_angeles_clippers_xias110.jpg

That being said, the previous arched wordmark they used back when they first moved to LA is pretty nice too:

normnixon_display_image.jpg

And yes, I realize the Kings also have a baseball-style script, but they only use that on their alternate uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Boston Celtics- Only team in the NBA to have both home & away jerseys only made up of one color plus white throughout their entire identity and up to the present day. Screw you, Brooklyn. Also, I'm casting any patches (NBA or otherwise) aside.

The A's are the only Big 4 team to not have red blue or black ANYWHERE on their uniforms, since no MLB team doesn't not have one of those three colors, and every other league features their league logo in it's true colors on every uniform.

1985 1989 1991 1992 1993

Time to raise a banner in my lifetime boys!

The A's are the only Big 4 team to not have red white or black ANYWHERE on their uniforms, since no MLB team doesn't not have one of those three colors, and every other league features their league logo in it's true colors on every uniform.

The A's don't have white "ANYWHERE on their uniforms"?

pMLB2-3537630dt.jpg

pMLB2-5472465dt.jpgpMLB2-9056710dt.jpg

Even the road uniform has some white, if you're going to count the league logo in other sports.

4138A_lg.jpeg

They're also the only Big 4 team ever* to wear purple, green, and yellow.

Maybe as a full time color scheme, but New Orleans have worn these.

_3_Chris_Paul_Swingman_Jersey_New_Orleans_Nola_Mardi_Gras___19673__67363_zoom_display_image.jpg?1335320858

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

They're also the only Big 4 team ever* to wear purple, green, and yellow.

Maybe as a full time color scheme, but New Orleans have worn these.

_3_Chris_Paul_Swingman_Jersey_New_Orleans_Nola_Mardi_Gras___19673__67363_zoom_display_image.jpg?1335320858

EDIT: Read your post.

OK, my bad...I meant to emphasize that the New Orleans/Utah Jazz are the only Big 4 team ever to use purple, green, and yellow as a full-time color scheme. ;)

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived