• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Minnesota Twins: First team to use something other than a city as its "place" name. Last team to have pinstripes and name plates on a jersey (barring some throwbacks that may be worn).

Toronto Maple Leafs: I think were the last team to not have a NOB in the NHL.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

A few NHL teams have featured equipment in their logos (Sharks, Penguins, Panthers, Islanders, Caps, old Jets/Coyotes), generally only a stick and puck at the most, but the Anaheim Ducks were the first and currently the only NHL team to use a goalie mask.

Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but the Canucks are unique for using both a primary logo and a script on the front of their jerseys as two completely separate elements.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Not sure if anyone's brought this up yet, but the Canucks are unique for using both a primary logo and a script on the front of their jerseys as two completely separate elements.

Up until the end of last season, they weren't.

Sabres26.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Up until the end of last season, they weren't.

Sabres26.png

I'm not sure how much that counts as "entirely separate elements". It looks more like the logo is supporting the script, in similar essence to some baseball teams. I think another thing about Vancouver's uniqueness is that they are the only team to incorporate a hockey rink into its design.

Miami Marlins: The only MLB team that wears "alternate" jerseys more than "standard" jerseys.

Chicago White Sox would disagree with you lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Miami Marlins: The only MLB team that wears "alternate" jerseys more than "standard" jerseys.

That was my first thought as well.

My second thought is that the Cubs would probably want in on the conversation, as well.

The White Sox... yeah I guess you're right. But the Cubs? I don't know.

I'd like to see an objective accounting of alternate jersey usage.

• 1 month later...

For the first several years of their existence, the Omaha Beef (IPFL) had a cheer team consisting of 300 lbs shirtless men rather than the typical eye candy cheerleaders. They've since added ladies to the cheer team, but the Rump Roasters were one of the only "big dude stripper cheerleaders" that I've ever heard of.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Back in the late 60's and early 70's, Leeds were the only club that I knew of who had number tags on their socks. Have their been any other teams who have worn them since?
We (Hull City) tried introducing them in around 2004 or so, but they never took off. However, Andy Dawson wore sock tags throughout his tenure with us and that's just another reason to love him.

As for our uniqueness, 'Hull City' is the only team name in the English Leagues where you can't colour in any of the letters (ie, none are enclosed). It's written on the crest so I'll claim that monumental uniqueness for this thread.

That was my first thought as well.

My second thought is that the Cubs would probably want in on the conversation, as well.

I'd put the Brewers in there too... only I don't think they even have a concept of primary and alternate anymore (and their fans want an alternate to be a primary, to boot).

Either way, the only time I find their current look to be even somewhat tolerable is when they wear their blue home and road alts.

Archived