MLB Uni Changes you'd like to see

wdm1219inpenna

I am listing realistic changes instead of more "out there" things, such as telling the Tigers to put the script wordmark on the home jerseys and add orange outlines or telling the Marlins and Diamondbacks to go back to their much-superior germinal sets.

Red Sox - Return to mid-2000's look entirely.

Orioles - fix the angle of the letters on the road wordmark.

Tampa - put "Tampa Bay on road jerseys", light blue outlines on the numbers/letter on home and road jerseys. Navy jersey's letters switched to columbia with white outlines.

White Sox - return diamond sock patch to gray sleeves.

Indians - full return to late '90s set.

Twins - dump throwback jersey. Switch all letters/numbers on home and road jerseys to navy with a red outline.

Rangers - pick either red or blue as the primary. Return "Rangers" to the home jerseys and lose all black.

Mariners - use teal-brimmed cap for all games.

Angels - add "Los Angeles" to road jerseys. Remove all patches.

Athletics - wear yellow-brimmed cap full-time.

Astros - switch to varsity block font and dump the navy crown/orange brim hat.

Marlins - put "Marlins" wordmark on home jerseys and black lettering on roads.

Nationals - use "Nationals" wordmark on home and alt jerseys, go with a varsity block font and placket piping on all jerseys. Remove white outline from road jersey and wear a solid navy cap.

Braves - go full-on 1995. Ditch all alternate jerseys and hats. Bring back vertical arch lettering. Then add in a navy alt jersey with red letters and white outlines (and matching stripes).

Cardinals - "St. Louis" on road jerseys.

Cubs - Put primary logo on alternate jerseys. Model road jersey after late '60s set.

Brewers - royal blue and yellow. Bring back BiG logo and retro-inspired uniforms

Pirates - lose alternate cap. Use "Pirates" wordmark on alternate jersey (yellow with white outlines) and yellow-white-yellow neck and sleeve piping.

Reds - either lose road cap or use black-brimmed batting helmets on the road.

Giants - dump orange jersey and orange-brimmed caps. Make a black alt jersey with orange letters/numbers. Use SF roundrel as the patch on each jersey's sleeve. Dump the road alt jerseys and go back to 2010-version of the road jersey.

Rockies - lose black vests and black crown/purple brim caps. Lighten purple slightly. Change lettering on home jerseys to purple with a black outline.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers I wish had more of a purplish/blue like they had in the 70s and 80s,

:blink:

You mean royal blue?

Personally, I'd like the Brewers to keep their color scheme, burn the rest of their look to the ground, and start again.

I'd like to see the Brewers bring back the "mb ball in glove" logo

http://logodatabases...go-1024x768.jpg

You and just about everybody in Wisconsin.

And no, Buc, no green. I loved that uniform something fierce, and they've never had a better set of wordmarks, but the color scheme was way too muddy. Navy blue and metallic gold are :censored: ing gorgeous in the sunshine, and I don't want anything else.

Metallic gold usually sucks in baseball. It looks too gaudy anywhere it is used, so hopefully they don't go that route.

San Diego: Add a second color. Just navy and white doesn't work for them.

They already have a second color, sand. The problem is they only use it on the home uniforms.

Barely. If they absolutely must stay with this identity, I wish they would bring back the sand-colored road unis and make the sand more prominent overall, instead of essentially being a darker copycat of the Dodgers.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I'd like to see the Yankees simplify their road set. Lose the white so it's just Navy and grey, the way it used to be back in the day.

I think that its only a matter of time before they make this change. With the rise of HDTV and the fact that other teams have successfully removed the unnecessary white trim (Red Sox and Dodgers most recently) it seems like a no brainer for them to make this change.

I'd like to see the Yankees simplify their road set. Lose the white so it's just Navy and grey, the way it used to be back in the day.

I think that its only a matter of time before they make this change. With the rise of HDTV and the fact that other teams have successfully removed the unnecessary white trim (Red Sox and Dodgers most recently) it seems like a no brainer for them to make this change.

I hope so, that would really help strengthen their set. Another item on my uni change wishlist is that the Yanks will eventually add a gray crown/navy bill road cap. Yankees fans may shoot me for that, and this is coming from a lifelong Yankee hater, but aesthetically speaking I think it would look amazing.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

would love a designated day road alt for the dodgers

like a sunday game or something

i love these

IdD22.jpg

i love the little bit of white to make it pop. and the sleeve piping. but i didnt like the white around the Los Angeles script they wore in the early 2000s

but man i love these unis. they could just bring these out of retirement, no need for tweaking

i love these

IdD22.jpg

i love the little bit of white to make it pop. and the sleeve piping. but i didnt like the white around the Los Angeles script they wore in the early 2000s

but man i love these unis. they could just bring these out of retirement, no need for tweaking

That's not piping. That's the same sleeve striping that the Yankees (only colors reversed) and Phillies use. Too 70's for my personal taste. I think what they use now is their best road look.

i love these

IdD22.jpg

I always liked that uniform.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Those are terrible.

What they have now is the best, only thing that would improve the set would be to trash the sleeve piping on the roads.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Archived