NBA Christmas Day Jerseys

bucknut40

Not sure which is the worst part -- that the numbers and names will be impossible to read, that the Brooklyn/Boston game has potential to be a color vs color worst-case scenario, or that we're ever closer to every NBA team using a single recolored template. Disaster all around.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

This link has 'em all --> http://www.ballersta...-christmas-day/

Was the idea that they will be worn during weekends in second half dropped? ( the catalog had a warriors one and others, will those no longer be released?)

If teams like the warriors we're releasing it later and still will be worn don't get why warriors are waiting with their third jersey ( yellow pinstripe jersey) release. Maybe there is hope now we won't see these as much.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

personally im not a fan of the look, but i can appreciate them doing something different. making an event out of the Christmas games, and celebrating the time of year with special uniforms. its okay. there will be people who like it and buy it, and what that like/hate ratio is no one knows and dosent really matter. its one game. its not like people are going to say "thats a horrible jersey, im going to go watch WNBA now" or leave the stadium because of it. the big picture is, it really dosent matter.

technically i think its fine. the refs will be able to read the numbers well enough and NBA players are highly recognizable to fans, you dont need to read a number to see who's playing.

i'd love to hear what Andrew thinks about these

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Mixed feelings. I'd have to agree with the previous poster and say it's a good thing that the teams playing Christmas day will be wearing "special" uniforms. Christmas is one of the NBA's showcase days, much like Thanksgiving with the NFL, New Year's Day with the NHL (mainly the WInter Classic) and Memorial Day and Independence Day with MLB. Many times in those leagues the teams playing are wearing something special on those days, and the NBA is attempting to do the same thing here on Christmas.

However, I don't favor these uniforms particularly. Most of what's been said about these uniforms thus far has been a bit hyperbolic though. They're not necessarily atrocious or disasterous, but just plain looking. I say "meh" to them. My eyes and stomach are OK after seeing these, but I'm not going to knock down the doors of my sporting goods store to buy these either.

These uniforms are just different, not special like what adidas and the NBA were probably aiming for. In short, adidas needs to go back to the lab and make something better than these things.

Of all the Christmas gear just unveiled, there is only one I'm not giving a grade of "F" to....

zheat_crop_exact-580x578.jpg

Heat's not HORRIBLE beacause with the extra thick outline you can still read the numbers..

By the way does this make FOUR green jersies the Celtics have now? Green/White, Green/Black, Green/Gold, Green/Green.

Also, the Nets jersey is dark green or black?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Would rather see teams play in their normal unis and just add the snowflake they used in the past.

3972756602_0d643fafe6.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived