Next teams in line for a re-branding

tigerslionspistonshabs

We've seen an average of pretty much 1 per year in baseball in the past 5 years (Arizona, Toronto, Miami, San Diego, Houston) and the NBA (Washington, Philly, Nets, Golden State, Atlanta to a lesser extent). The other sports have been a bit quieter in comparison, but in your opinions, who's next in line in the 4 major sports? (Not counting if a team relocates)

MLB- San Diego. Yes, again. They seem to switch their identity so often, and it's never an upgrade. They should just revert back to brown with either yellow or orange. It would be unique, unlike what they have now where they look like half the teams in the league.

NFL- Jacksonville. I know they just went with the all-black thing, but I've got a feeling there's going to be a change in the next 2 years. Plus, every other team seems pretty set

NHL- Anaheim. I think their edge look has become dated. I have a strong feeling there's some sort of color change coming.

NBA- New Orleans. It's been discussed and I think it'll definitely happen. The Hornets name doesn't seem to mesh with the city. And I know this dead horse has been beaten numerous times, but the Bobcats haven't caught on in Charlotte. You know what my next statement is lol.

sig.png

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL- Anaheim. I think their edge look has become dated. I have a strong feeling there's some sort of color change coming.

This would be great as the Ducks haven't had a good looking jersey since "Mighty" was dropped from their name. The third came close but no cigar. I wish the Ducks would just bring back their inaugural jerseys and be done with it.

Is this a wish list or based on rumors/facts?

NFL 2013: I guess we can say the highest candidates are the Jaguars, Browns, and Dolphins. Either brand new looks or tweaks. I thought I read somewhere that NFL teams have to file for 2013 changes this November. Is this true? If so, have anyone heard/read anything?

NBA 2013: Who the hell knows. Each team already has 50+ uniforms and they seem to change things all the time.

MLB 2013: Astros

I believe that in the 2013 NFL changes thread, there were 4 teams with changes. Not necessarily major changes, but changes nonetheless. I believe they were:

Jaguars

Dolphins

Buccaneers

Vikings

Jacksonville is pretty much a lock for changes (Shahid Khan has stated something to the effect that the Jags will let Nike have its way with their uniforms), Miami isn't quite as certain but is still likely, Tampa Bay may either be getting an overhaul or some minor color tweaks, and I've heard similar concerning the Vikings. But within the next 2-5 years, I can see any of these teams make noticeable changes* to their uniforms:

Bengals

Browns

Titans

Rams

Eagles

Vikings**

Buccaneers**

Panthers***

*As in making actual uniform changes and not just making an alternate a primary (ala Titans, Broncos). I could also see any of these teams get a new alternate.

**If either of these teams don't switch for next year.

***Considering that Jerry Richardson is old, has had a recent heart transplant, and doesn't have any family (that I know of) still in the Panthers organization, new owners could make some changes.

NBA:

Bobcats^

Kings^^

Suns (happening next year)

Grizzlies

Timberwolves^

^Both love to at least make tweaks every 5 or so years, and each Charlotte change has been inferior to its predecessor.

^^As things aren't looking good for them to stay in Sacramento for another ~5 years.

MLB:

Padres`

Indians``

Rockies

`New owners and the brown movement seems to be somewhat picking up...

``I see Chief Wahoo's days being numbered, likely being phased out and replaced by a variation of the block "C" or a feather-type logo.

NHL:

Stars

Avalanche

Flames

Coyotes+

Ducks

Penguins

+Come on, do we really expect the Coyotes to be in Arizona 5 years from now?

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

NFL: Jaguars have been need to be changed and will be. Things are going to be much different "looks wise" for the Jaguars come 2013 I just hope the same can be said for on the field.

: Buccaneers I'm still mildly puzzled about this or do a few tweaks or start over with a more flux back look ?

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Dolphins and jags will probably get some new uniforms and a logo update/change for Miami. Panthers and Browns may make some slight changes. as for a total re-brand i dont expect any NFL team to do that unless they move, and even then that might not be a guarantee

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Dolphins and jags will probably get some new uniforms and a logo update/change for Miami. Panthers and Browns may make some slight changes. as for a total re-brand i dont expect any NFL team to do that unless they move, and even then that might not be a guarantee

Where are you getting Panthers from? After they changed the logo last season the owner Jerry Richardson stated he wouldn't be changing the uniforms as long as he was alive.

Where are you getting Panthers from? After they changed the logo last season the owner Jerry Richardson stated he wouldn't be changing the uniforms as long as he was alive.

That is....until the brought out back pants out of the blue yesterday. I would have been the first one to bring up this point, but now, it seems there's some wiggle room in the Big Cat's statement...

That is....until the brought out back pants out of the blue yesterday. I would have been the first one to bring up this point, but now, it seems there's some wiggle room in the Big Cat's statement...

It's just an alternate look though right? Unless you know something we don't

I believe that in the 2013 NFL changes thread, there were 4 teams with changes. Not necessarily major changes, but changes nonetheless. I believe they were:

Jaguars

Dolphins

Buccaneers

Vikings

Jacksonville is pretty much a lock for changes (Shahid Khan has stated something to the effect that the Jags will let Nike have its way with their uniforms), Miami isn't quite as certain but is still likely, Tampa Bay may either be getting an overhaul or some minor color tweaks, and I've heard similar concerning the Vikings. But within the next 2-5 years, I can see any of these teams make noticeable changes* to their uniforms:

Bengals

Browns

Titans

Rams

Eagles

Vikings**

Buccaneers**

Panthers***

*As in making actual uniform changes and not just making an alternate a primary (ala Titans, Broncos). I could also see any of these teams get a new alternate.

**If either of these teams don't switch for next year.

***Considering that Jerry Richardson is old, has had a recent heart transplant, and doesn't have any family (that I know of) still in the Panthers organization, new owners could make some changes.

NBA:

Bobcats^

Kings^^

Suns (happening next year)

Grizzlies

Timberwolves^

^Both love to at least make tweaks every 5 or so years, and each Charlotte change has been inferior to its predecessor.

^^As things aren't looking good for them to stay in Sacramento for another ~5 years.

MLB:

Padres`

Indians``

Rockies

`New owners and the brown movement seems to be somewhat picking up...

``I see Chief Wahoo's days being numbered, likely being phased out and replaced by a variation of the block "C" or a feather-type logo.

NHL:

Stars

Avalanche

Flames

Coyotes+

Ducks

Penguins

+Come on, do we really expect the Coyotes to be in Arizona 5 years from now?

Quite the expansive list lol, but I meant complete rebrands...as in Houston Astros, Arizona Diamondbacks, Brooklyn Nets, Miami Marlins rebrand.

sig.png

Can someone come up with a usefull definition of "re-branding"? It seems like we have these threads all the time, and someone will post about, say, the Dolphins dropping the navy, or the Browns bringing back orange pants. A uniform change, even a significant uniform change, isn't necessarily a rebrand. When the Bucs went from the creamsicles with the smiling pirate to the blood red/pewter with the skull flag, that, to me, was a rebrand. I'm not sure I'd call any other NFL change in recent memory a true rebrand. What does anybody else think constitutes a "rebrand".

It has been confirmed that the Jags are getting wacky with their new uni's for next year. In for a penny, in for pound. I expect some sort of logo change. At least a tweak. No way they are leaving the logo alone with all the changes coming.

I am not really a fan of the Dallas Stars, but I would hope they realize their current set is ugly as :censored:! They need to bring this look back:

51hvxBwRHHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Egad!! Out of all the photos featuring that '99 uniform, you just had to use that particular photo

Hull was in the crease ... that goal should not have counted, and Hatcher shouldn't have been photographed lifting the Cup :(

Can someone come up with a usefull definition of "re-branding"? It seems like we have these threads all the time, and someone will post about, say, the Dolphins dropping the navy, or the Browns bringing back orange pants. A uniform change, even a significant uniform change, isn't necessarily a rebrand. When the Bucs went from the creamsicles with the smiling pirate to the blood red/pewter with the skull flag, that, to me, was a rebrand. I'm not sure I'd call any other NFL change in recent memory a true rebrand. What does anybody else think constitutes a "rebrand".

the way i deine it is a re-brand is a change in identity to reflect a new market position, or direction a company/product is going for. when a team like the Arizona Cardinals changes their logo to a modern design, updates their uniforms to a modern design, and builds one of the most futuristic stadiums ever, that is enough to be a "re brand" (they dont have to ditch they whole identity history). it dosent have to be a 180 change like you see with the Buccaneers or Astros. when a company changes their "voice", redefines who they want to be, or tries to go after a new audience or market niche, they have rebranded.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I would say this is a solid example. A lot of users here use "brand" and "identity" interchangeably, and that, of course, bleeds into "any visual change".

Technical-ish Definition: Rebranding is the creation of a new name, term, symbol, design, or combination thereof for an established brand with the intention of developing a differentiated (new) position in the mind of stakeholders and competitors.

I would say this is a solid example. A lot of users here use "brand" and "identity" interchangeably, and that, of course, bleeds into "any visual change".

Technical-ish Definition: Rebranding is the creation of a new name, term, symbol, design, or combination thereof for an established brand with the intention of developing a differentiated (new) position in the mind of stakeholders and competitors.

The Bucs are a prime example.

sig.png

I am not really a fan of the Dallas Stars, but I would hope they realize their current set is ugly as :censored:! They need to bring this look back:

51hvxBwRHHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Egad!! Out of all the photos featuring that '99 uniform, you just had to use that particular photo

Hull was in the crease ... that goal should not have counted, and Hatcher shouldn't have been photographed lifting the Cup :(

Oh for the love of God, it was more than a decade ago. GET OVER IT!!!!

Anyway, I'll be honest in saying I really don't see more than 3 teams getting a complete re-brand in the next few years. There will be more tweaks than overhauls.

In the NFL, the Jaguars are getting new unis and Dolphins are getting a new logo (and uniforms, I believe). Maybe the Vikings and Bucs will make some changes, but the NFL has a lot of very strong brands that really don't need to change.

In the NBA..... those 3 teams I mentioned a few lines up may all be right here. We all know NBA franchises have a fetish for updating and changing their looks. There are what, four, five teams in the league that basically look the same as they did 5 years ago? As for what teams I think will rebrand, maybe the Bobcats... maybe the Pistons.... maybe the Kings (if they're STILL the kings by 2017...)

In the MLB, I feel it's gonna be Cleveland. Something tells me that the Chief Wahoo you see today wont be around too much longer. And maybe the D-backs go back to purple and teal? Who knows?

And finally, the NHL......... Stars, Coyotes (if they're still they're still in Arizona, that is), Ducks, Islanders, and Blue Jackets.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived