Next teams in line for a re-branding

tigerslionspistonshabs

I am not really a fan of the Dallas Stars, but I would hope they realize their current set is ugly as :censored:! They need to bring this look back:

51hvxBwRHHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Egad!! Out of all the photos featuring that '99 uniform, you just had to use that particular photo

Hull was in the crease ... that goal should not have counted, and Hatcher shouldn't have been photographed lifting the Cup :(

Maybe he should have used this pic instead:

hull.4.jpg

Wasn't this the series that Hull played with a torn MCL and Modano played with a broken wrist?

Back on topic, the Vikings do need a rebrand, but I suspect that they'll try to hold if off to coincide with their new stadium. Any changes between now and then will probably by minor tweaks.

Ironically, that is also my favorite Sabres uniform ever and I wish they would go back to that look. However, since I did not like Hasek, I thought my original picture was fitting.

As far a completed Re brands, here is my list:

MLB - Don't care because every teams uniform is white or gray which = blah and blah\

NFL - Cowboys, Jaguars, Browns, Dolphins

NBA - Don't care because it seems like every team has 5 different uniforms

NHL - Stars, Ducks

..... Cowboys.... rebrand?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not really a fan of the Dallas Stars, but I would hope they realize their current set is ugly as :censored:! They need to bring this look back:

On November 7, Stars owner Tom Gaglardi was interviewed and said the following when asked about a potential uniform change:

"It's true, yes. I think that it's been speculated that we're doing that. I think our jerseys have taken an interesting...it's been an interesting team, we've had a history of changing our jerseys quite often. Ended up in the place now with our current jerseys, which I quite like. But a couple things bother me, and one is that we're the only team of 30 that doesn't wear our logo on our chest... I don't like that and I think I am a hockey purist and hta would be the one criticism I have on our current jersey....and I think a bit of a lack of color with our current kit. We're looking all those things, up to and including if we want to modify our primary logo as well. So everything is in play right now and it's not something around the corner in terms of a solution of where we are going, so 2013-14 is when it could happen, but then it might not. I'm a purist, as I say and I'd like to see us with a timeless classic jersey with timeless classic colors and it may feature a logo which is different that the one we have today. "

Full interview, with lockout comments HERE.

Egad!! Out of all the photos featuring that '99 uniform, you just had to use that particular photo

Hull was in the crease ... that goal should not have counted, and Hatcher shouldn't have been photographed lifting the Cup :(

Maybe he should have used this pic instead:

Wasn't this the series that Hull played with a torn MCL and Modano played with a broken wrist?

Back on topic, the Vikings do need a rebrand, but I suspect that they'll try to hold if off to coincide with their new stadium. Any changes between now and then will probably by minor tweaks.

Ironically, that is also my favorite Sabres uniform ever and I wish they would go back to that look. However, since I did not like Hasek, I thought my original picture was fitting.

As far a completed Re brands, here is my list:

MLB - Don't care because every teams uniform is white or gray which = blah and blah\

NFL - Cowboys, Jaguars, Browns, Dolphins

NBA - Don't care because it seems like every team has 5 different uniforms

NHL - Stars, Ducks

..... Cowboys.... rebrand?

Maybe not a re-brand, but definitely fixing the damn color scheme. Pick a blue and stick with it.

spacer.png

Maybe not a re-brand, but definitely fixing the damn color scheme. Pick a blue and stick with it.

The pants need to match the helmet (or as close as possible) and I wouldn't mind seeing them with a matte helmet. Actually, quite a few NFL teams would look much better with a matte finish vs the shiny gazing ball.

NBA:

Bobcats/Hornets (make the Bobcats the Hornets and create a new identity for New Orleans with the colours purple, green and yellow), Mavericks (new logos and uniforms in blue and green), Nuggets (change the home and away jersey in style of the new alternate), Pistons (new logos needed and a few tweaks on the unis), Rockets (new unis and logos needed, perhaps go back to the yellow or at least use the silver wise), Pacers (at least change the unis -> pinstripes!!), Grizzlies (I want them to go back to Vancouver with that teal colour scheme, but if they have to stay they must at least change the colours to something else), Heat (I like the identity of the Heat but I never liked the uniforms -> go back to jerseys with red and orange, that looks like heat), Timberwolves (the green is a must have), Magic (have to go back to more classy uniforms, perhaps 90s inspired), Suns (I hope they stay with the purple, need new logos and unis), Raptors (they have to go back to the purple, but red should stay as theire main colour).

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I have long thought the Dallas Stars should at least change their colors to red, white, and blue to match the Texas flag. Seeing Stars in green and gold just reminds me of Minnesota's team. Yet, Stars are a perfect name for a team in Texas, it just needs the visual clue (color) that the star is referring to Texas.

I never thought of green, black, and gold as un-Texas-like. Besides, I like the continuity between the North Stars and Stars.

I think there would be an uproar around here given that green is underused in pro sports, and the NHL has four red, white, and blue teams.

I never thought of green, black, and gold as un-Texas-like. Besides, I like the continuity between the North Stars and Stars.

I think there would be an uproar around here given that green is underused in pro sports, and the NHL has four red, white, and blue teams.

I'm not saying green, black, and gold are "un-Texas-like" just that red, white, and blue, given the iconic Texas flag, are more Texas-like and thus more fitting for a team called the stars in the State. A better brand solution.

The pants need to match the helmet (or as close as possible) and I wouldn't mind seeing them with a matte helmet. Actually, quite a few NFL teams would look much better with a matte finish vs the shiny gazing ball.

i like matte helmets too, but i dont think that would be appropriate for the Cowboys. even the North Texas Final 4 logo is blinged out in chrome. if theres any team brand that fits into a shiny silver helmet its the Cowboys.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It doesn't matter if green/gold/black is Texas-like or not. Those are just the colors that the team wears. They were gracious enough to keep some continuity with the North Stars; I don't need them to be rootin' and/or tootin' because they're in Texas.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not saying green, black, and gold are "un-Texas-like" just that red, white, and blue, given the iconic Texas flag, are more Texas-like and thus more fitting for a team called the stars in the State. A better brand solution.

The problem I have with the Stars in red, white, and blue is that they'll end up looking like Team Texas. Whereas they currently look like a team that plays in Texas that has its own unique to the sport colour scheme that happens to homage the state they play in with their team name. I'll take that over Team Texas any day.

I mean do you want to see the Cowboys in red, white, and blue? Or the Maple Leafs in red and white?

I have long thought the Dallas Stars should at least change their colors to red, white, and blue to match the Texas flag. Seeing Stars in green and gold just reminds me of Minnesota's team. Yet, Stars are a perfect name for a team in Texas, it just needs the visual clue (color) that the star is referring to Texas.

Eh, I'd keep the green/gold/black. It's unique for this state. Every other major pro sports team om Texas has Blue, Red, Silver, or some combination of all three in their color scheme, so I'd just leave it as is.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Eh, I'd keep the green/gold/black. It's unique for this state. Every other major pro sports team om Texas has Blue, Red, Silver, or some combination of all three in their color scheme, so I'd just leave it as is.

I agree.

The other thing they need to do is revive that jersey design...it just makes too much sense.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Texas Rangers look great, font and all. I sort of get the "it should say 'Rangers' on the road unis" sentiment expressed here. I think it's fine the way it is.

The number font is pretty terrible, especially the 2's and 3's. And people want 'Rangers' on the road unis? Did I miss this?

And please keep the Stars green, gold, and black. We get it, Texas is awesome. Don't need another Texas-based team draped in the flag colors.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived