Next teams in line for a re-branding

tigerslionspistonshabs

Can someone come up with a usefull definition of "re-branding"? It seems like we have these threads all the time, and someone will post about, say, the Dolphins dropping the navy, or the Browns bringing back orange pants. A uniform change, even a significant uniform change, isn't necessarily a rebrand. When the Bucs went from the creamsicles with the smiling pirate to the blood red/pewter with the skull flag, that, to me, was a rebrand. I'm not sure I'd call any other NFL change in recent memory a true rebrand. What does anybody else think constitutes a "rebrand".

I would say this is a solid example. A lot of users here use "brand" and "identity" interchangeably, and that, of course, bleeds into "any visual change".

Technical-ish Definition: Rebranding is the creation of a new name, term, symbol, design, or combination thereof for an established brand with the intention of developing a differentiated (new) position in the mind of stakeholders and competitors.

The Bucs are a prime example.

yes, but it dosent have to be that extreme

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Vikings are getting a new stadium soon. I fully expect a new identity to come with it. (Notice which word I used.)

That's all I got for now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I am not really a fan of the Dallas Stars, but I would hope they realize their current set is ugly as :censored:! They need to bring this look back:

51hvxBwRHHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Egad!! Out of all the photos featuring that '99 uniform, you just had to use that particular photo

Hull was in the crease ... that goal should not have counted, and Hatcher shouldn't have been photographed lifting the Cup :(

Oh for the love of God, it was more than a decade ago. GET OVER IT!!!!

Anyway, I'll be honest in saying I really don't see more than 3 teams getting a complete re-brand in the next few years. There will be more tweaks than overhauls.

In the NFL, the Jaguars are getting new unis and Dolphins are getting a new logo (and uniforms, I believe). Maybe the Vikings and Bucs will make some changes, but the NFL has a lot of very strong brands that really don't need to change.

In the NBA..... those 3 teams I mentioned a few lines up may all be right here. We all know NBA franchises have a fetish for updating and changing their looks. There are what, four, five teams in the league that basically look the same as they did 5 years ago? As for what teams I think will rebrand, maybe the Bobcats... maybe the Pistons.... maybe the Kings (if they're STILL the kings by 2017...)

In the MLB, I feel it's gonna be Cleveland. Something tells me that the Chief Wahoo you see today wont be around too much longer. And maybe the D-backs go back to purple and teal? Who knows?

And finally, the NHL......... Stars, Coyotes (if they're still they're still in Arizona, that is), Ducks, Islanders, and Blue Jackets.

With the Dolphins, I think the case may be just an Arizona Cardinal-ish logo tweak. Maybe make the Dolphin a little more aggressive. I don't see much of a change at all.

I really like the D-Backs scheme, especially now that Houston has changed. Colors atleast, the wordmarks and such need a tweak. It suits an Arizona team.

sig.png

NFL: Jaguars have been need to be changed and will be. Things are going to be much different "looks wise" for the Jaguars come 2013 I just hope the same can be said for on the field.

Wonder if they'll incorporate the Union Jack into the mix since it seems they are angling to be England's team over the next 5 years. Could be interesting to see what Nike could do with that, without completely getting rid of the existing brand.

NFL: Jaguars have been need to be changed and will be. Things are going to be much different "looks wise" for the Jaguars come 2013 I just hope the same can be said for on the field.

Wonder if they'll incorporate the Union Jack into the mix since it seems they are angling to be England's team over the next 5 years. Could be interesting to see what Nike could do with that, without completely getting rid of the existing brand.

Not quite sure, I would be fine if they wore a UJ patch on the jerseys when over there or some kinda of helmet stickers but I haven't heard anything about it.

What I do know is the uniform is getting a some what flashy overall so it will be something that will sell last long term (hopefully) and pop on the field.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I am not really a fan of the Dallas Stars, but I would hope they realize their current set is ugly as :censored:! They need to bring this look back:

Egad!! Out of all the photos featuring that '99 uniform, you just had to use that particular photo

Hull was in the crease ... that goal should not have counted, and Hatcher shouldn't have been photographed lifting the Cup :(

Which team has their names on the cup? Oh yeah, the 1999 Dallas Stars. Whether you believe the goal counted are not, missed calls are a part of the game and the decision of the NHL remains final. If by some miracle the Sabres won game 6, they would have been crushed in Dallas anyways...

NBA:

Houston Rockets - change everything, no logos kept over, just keep red while with some gold/yellow.

Memphis Grizzlies - complete overhaul, again ditch every logo, new color scheme. end the double blue madness!

Phoenix Suns - is happening

MLB:

Rangers - Have RANGERS on home uniforms, also non-thorny numbers and choose blue or red using the other as the true secondary color.

Reds - no dropshadows, no black.

NFL:

Bengals - be more like the uniforms from the 90s, no side panels

Jaguars - its happening it seems

Vikings - normal striping plz

Jets - lets do something completely new, could be inspired by the 80s 90s set tho.

Eagles - At the least, stop using drop shadow numbers, and have just ONE outline on them, kelly green would be cool too.

Titans - COuld still do the double blue, but yea something new to make them not look so early 2000s

NHL: How bout they have an actual season first? ok ok

Ducks - might duck logo needs to be primary again and on front of jerseys.

Flames - reduce the black, get rid of flags

Avalanche - keep colors, logo, new jersey tho for sure.

Stars - back to using logo on the front, obv the 90s uniforms would be the coolest.

Wild - how about all 3 jerseys match each other!?

Senators - 2d logo needs to return

Coyotes - nothing like what they have now.

NHL: How bout they have an actual season first? ok ok

Ducks - might duck logo needs to be primary again and on front of jerseys.

Flames - reduce the black, get rid of flags

Avalanche - keep colors, logo, new jersey tho for sure.

Stars - back to using logo on the front, obv the 90s uniforms would be the coolest.

Wild - how about all 3 jerseys match each other!?

Senators - 2d logo needs to return

Coyotes - nothing like what they have now.

I don't think you quite understand what a rebranding is. The Coyotes example is the only one that would count as a rebranding. Bringing back and old logo or uniform is not a rebranding.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Maybe he should have used this pic instead:

hull.4.jpg

Wasn't this the series that Hull played with a torn MCL and Modano played with a broken wrist?

Back on topic, the Vikings do need a rebrand, but I suspect that they'll try to hold if off to coincide with their new stadium. Any changes between now and then will probably by minor tweaks.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Rangers - Have RANGER'S on home uniforms

The day apostrophe misuse moves to sports uniforms is the day I buy a rifle and climb to the top of a clocktower.

If I had a fantasy team, which I never will, the nickname would be the Greengrocer's.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Sacramento Kings are overdue, but that would require money, which the owners have none of. When you have the league-minimum as mandated by the NBA and you're selling draft picks for cash, that's not good. I so wish they'd sell already. I predict they'll move to somewhere that lends them money to move, and then they go belly up.

I think the Colorado Rockies need an update, and the Seattle Mariners could get a mean looking retro trident going.

Never was a fan of the San Diego Chargers. Jacksonville is overdue, and the Tennessee Titans need to ditch the Oilers color scheme. It just doesn't work.

timmy.png

Maybe he should have used this pic instead:

hull.4.jpg

Wasn't this the series that Hull played with a torn MCL and Modano played with a broken wrist?

Back on topic, the Vikings do need a rebrand, but I suspect that they'll try to hold if off to coincide with their new stadium. Any changes between now and then will probably by minor tweaks.

Ironically, that is also my favorite Sabres uniform ever and I wish they would go back to that look. However, since I did not like Hasek, I thought my original picture was fitting.

As far a completed Re brands, here is my list:

MLB - Don't care because every teams uniform is white or gray which = blah and blah\

NFL - Cowboys, Jaguars, Browns, Dolphins

NBA - Don't care because it seems like every team has 5 different uniforms

NHL - Stars, Ducks

spacer.png

Please don't start that. I already have issue with the Super Bowl logos during the Goodell era alone....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived