Next teams in line for a re-branding

tigerslionspistonshabs

I am not really a fan of the Dallas Stars, but I would hope they realize their current set is ugly as :censored:! They need to bring this look back:

51hvxBwRHHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have long thought the Dallas Stars should at least change their colors to red, white, and blue to match the Texas flag. Seeing Stars in green and gold just reminds me of Minnesota's team. Yet, Stars are a perfect name for a team in Texas, it just needs the visual clue (color) that the star is referring to Texas.

Eh, I'd keep the green/gold/black. It's unique for this state. Every other major pro sports team om Texas has Blue, Red, Silver, or some combination of all three in their color scheme, so I'd just leave it as is.

I agree.

The other thing they need to do is revive that jersey design...it just makes too much sense.

The Stars changing to Red, White and Blue would be a terrible idea. The Blue Jackets, Rangers, Capitals, Canadiens and Jets all use that tired scheme in some capacity while nobody in else the league uses green, black and gold. I agree with Ice Cap about the continuity issue with the Minnesota North Stars and since that team is never coming back, I'd rather the identity live on in some respect than to be vanquished entirely. All the Stars need to do is design a more conversative version of the jersey in the above picture. The colours and logo are fantastic. Just fix the All-Star striping that doesn't match the logo and their good to go.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised by how often I see the Vikings on here. I guess it depends on the definition of "rebrand", but I'd be stunned if they ever depart from the purple/yellow color scheme and the horns on the helmet. Therefore, by my definition, they will get, at most, tweaks.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I am surprised by how often I see the Vikings on here. I guess it depends on the definition of "rebrand", but I'd be stunned if they ever depart from the purple/yellow color scheme and the horns on the helmet. Therefore, by my definition, they will get, at most, tweaks.

I guess.

But other than the color scheme and the horns, they need to scrap everything and start over. I'd even add the overly-fussy new horns to that list.

Pretty significant "tweaks".

Agreed, the main logo only needs minor tweaks. The Unis have quickly become dated, especially the pants. A uni update should be positive.

The Vikes had a solid set, along with every other team in the NFC North. All the teams have (had) a traditional, classic look. The Lions tweaked theirs nicely without going piping-crazy, while the Bears and Packers have remained practically unchanged for decades.Go back to the shoulder stripes and call it a day.

sig.png

MLB:

Kansas City Royals

Seattle Mariners

Colorado Rockies

Pittsburgh Pirates

MLS:

CD Chivas USA

Columbus Crew

New England Revolution

Toronto FC

NBA:

Houston Rockets

Sacramento Kings

Toronto Raptors

Washington Wizards

NFL:

Atlanta Falcons

Cleveland Browns

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs

NHL:

Anaheim Ducks

Dallas Stars

Minnesota Wild

Vancouver Canucks

I guess.

But other than the color scheme and the horns, they need to scrap everything and start over. I'd even add the overly-fussy new horns to that list.

We essentially agree. I just think that looking at the three looks the vikes have had in my lifetime, while the uniforms were significantly tweaked, the "brand" has always been essentially the same. Norseman logo, purple/yellow, horned helmet. And I doubt that's going to change. I don't think they are going to change the new horns (which I admit to liking). I certainly hope they dump the current uni look (with the stupidly-stripped pants) and find a way to simplify it more like the previous look, but I don't think of it as a brand change. In the NFL, I'd say that the only "rebrands" since about 1990 are the Falcons, Broncos, Tampa Bay, Jets, and Giants (unless I am missing someone). Even Cincy, which absolutely downgraded its on-field look, kept the essence of its identity.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Patriots switched to Flying Elvis and blue jerseys after 1990

I knew I was missing one.

POTD (Shared)

I guess.

We essentially agree. I just think that looking at the three looks the vikes have had in my lifetime, while the uniforms were significantly tweaked, the "brand" has always been essentially the same. Norseman logo, purple/yellow, horned helmet. And I doubt that's going to change. I don't think they are going to change the new horns (which I admit to liking). I certainly hope they dump the current uni look (with the stupidly-stripped pants) and find a way to simplify it more like the previous look, but I don't think of it as a brand change. In the NFL, I'd say that the only "rebrands" since about 1990 are the Falcons, Broncos, Tampa Bay, Jets, and Giants (unless I am missing someone). Even Cincy, which absolutely downgraded its on-field look, kept the essence of its identity.

highlighted are elements of an identity, things you can actually see. a brand you cant physically see, its how you feel about a company/team and your perceptions of it. when they changed their uniforms, it was a change in a piece of identity to reflect a new brand direction. from a classic, traditional team to a modern team with a new superstar (AP) leading them into the future.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

MLB:

Kansas City Royals

Seattle Mariners

Colorado Rockies

Pittsburgh Pirates

MLS:

CD Chivas USA

Columbus Crew

New England Revolution

Toronto FC

NBA:

Houston Rockets

Sacramento Kings

Toronto Raptors

Washington Wizards

NFL:

Atlanta Falcons

Cleveland Browns

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs

NHL:

Anaheim Ducks

Dallas Stars

Minnesota Wild

Vancouver Canucks

Canucks are the top non original 6 team in the league in terms of profit. Their brand has never been stronger. They need a slight jersey change,not a full brand change.

Canucks are the top non original 6 team in the league in terms of profit. Their brand has never been stronger. They need a slight jersey change,not a full brand change.

I'd agree--get rid of the Orca and the Vancouver wordmark...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Big profit doesn't necessarily mean a strong brand. Berkshire Hathaway is one of the 20 most profitable companies in the world, but who here knows what their logo/identity even looks like?

Though I agree... the Canucks need to build on what they have now, not re-brand.

MLB:

Kansas City Royals

Seattle Mariners

Colorado Rockies

Pittsburgh Pirates

MLS:

CD Chivas USA

Columbus Crew

New England Revolution

Toronto FC

NBA:

Houston Rockets

Sacramento Kings

Toronto Raptors

Washington Wizards

NFL:

Atlanta Falcons

Cleveland Browns

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs

NHL:

Anaheim Ducks

Dallas Stars

Minnesota Wild

Vancouver Canucks

I'd agree--get rid of the Orca and the Vancouver wordmark...

Big profit doesn't necessarily mean a strong brand. Berkshire Hathaway is one of the 20 most profitable companies in the world, but who here knows what their logo/identity even looks like?

Though I agree... the Canucks need to build on what they have now, not re-brand.

All of your points are well taken regarding the Vancouver Canucks and I understand that it comes as a surprise that they are included on my rebrand list. More specifically, I like Stampman's post the most since he has hit the nail on the head as to what needs to change regarding the Canucks identity. However, this does not mean that the team needs to be fully rebranded.

I do not have an alternate team to replace the Canucks, so I will leave the NHL at three teams.

Fixing the Canucks is simple: just get rid of the wordmark.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived