Logolympiad: Event 13

I just try to do my best and improve my skills each time, and if people dig it, frosting on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Would that be chocolate or white with confetti on it? LOL Maybe I can give a decent run on the gold...maybe? :wacko:

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lots of great work here--but Avenger is still the fornt runner, but it will be tough to pick silver & bronze...

Alright, we get it, you're in love with Avenger...

Sure he consistently produce A1 graphics, but he has a heck of a lot of competition in this contest... not the FRONT RUNNER (sorry Avenger)

Hey... to each his own, ya know? I'm sure some people consider mine the frontrunner right now, I'm sure a lot don't. I stopped trying a long time ago to please eveyone, 'cause it's futile.

I just try to do my best and improve my skills each time, and if people dig it, frosting on the cake as far as I'm concerned.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally digging your creations.

You consistently "WOW" me...

And you do raise the bar, and make it much more interesting around here...

I just don't like seing people giving up on GOLD...

btw, did you try to add some white beside the green on the dark Cicadas' ?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I'm just glad that people are finally posting on here. I realize that I kind of jumped the gun and posted my concept early, but theres nothing more frustrating than checking out a thread 20 times a day to see what others have posted to find no new designs.

I guess its also because I work for Dell selling computers, so when I'm not actually with a customer, I'm bored out of my mind surfing the internet...unfortunately, after several hours on the web, the same few websites start to get boring.

Oh well...great designs thus far. I regret not having signed up until about midway through WIB's logolympiad, but look forward to the next.

Well, I'm still considering it. However, we don't have Cicadas out here, so, I'm trying to decide on a place that does. BTW, they technically not Giants colors:

Black

49ers Gold

Sharks Burnt Orange

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Nobody wanted to listen to me when I said I had a feeling Avenger's was not gonna be the Gold...

Boy has this game been taken to the next level...

@Frenchie_TO

Great job, Steve-O.... I really like it.

And Frenchie- you seem to sorta have a problem with me, like you're rooting against me, and I'm not sure why.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your posts?

I think they're all great! Steve-O, my man, you have grown by leaps and bounds, my friend. I've been watching your work from afar, and I must applaud you on your evolution! (Or, I suppose in this case, a bowing smiley will do.) :notworthy:

I'll be posting my little contribution to the party here in the next day or two... I'm finding cicadas to be very interesting creatures from the bit of research I've done so far.

Great job, Steve-O.... I really like it.

And Frenchie- you seem to sorta have a problem with me, like you're rooting against me, and I'm not sure why.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your posts?

You misinterpreting...

You gotta know me,,, I like to stir it a little bit sometimes, other times I'm a cheerleader...

Most of my life I've cheered for underdogs (That's why I'm one of a very small number of French-Canadians who did NOT cheer for Les Habitants...)

You are no doubt one of the best illustrator I've seen, and your design sense is a bonus.

The only reason I'm on your case, is to make sure people don't get complaisant and wave the white flag every time you show up...

God forbid you just stop participating to try to "keep it fair", I see you as a motivator, everybody dream of that one concept that may, and I say MAY be close to AVENGER's...

Keep it up... maybe one day I'll get off my ass and actually go through all my tutorials, but for now, I'm having way to much time just spitting those concepts out.

I think I may change my signature to say: "When I grow up, I want to be AVENGER", Would I need your permission to do that?

@Frenchie_TO

If there was a need for a bug carrying a football in a Heisman-type pose, you filled it there Steve-O.

Cool concept. The wordmark is great too.

You know who else has a nice Heisman pose?

this guy:

Alouettes.gif

@Frenchie_TO

I think they're all great! Steve-O, my man, you have grown by leaps and bounds, my friend. I've been watching your work from afar, and I must applaud you on your evolution! (Or, I suppose in this case, a bowing smiley will do.) :notworthy:

I'll be posting my little contribution to the party here in the next day or two... I'm finding cicadas to be very interesting creatures from the bit of research I've done so far.

I take that as an incredibly huge compliment. Thanks for the kind words, I am still trying to grow as a designer. I'm excited to see what you come up with for this.

You misinterpreting...

Fair enough.... just don't get on someone's ass for liking mine then proclaim that I've lost the gold medal a page later. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

I really like the jerseys, Steve-O. The side panels are cool.

You misinterpreting...

Fair enough.... just don't get on someone's ass for liking mine then proclaim that I've lost the gold medal a page later. Seems a little hypocritical to me.

I really like the jerseys, Steve-O. The side panels are cool.

I see how my comments could be perceived that way.

I'll close this one before the card-playing horse shows up...

The point I was trying to make was that I want to make sure when people vote, they actually vote the project/concept, not jsut on the designer's reputation.

p.s.: It may have been the Glenlivet talking...

p.p.s: you're right about the side panels on Steve-O's

@Frenchie_TO

Steve-O and Avenger, you guys are freaking awsome! Steve-O and Avenger, thats the first jerseys i saw you guys make, and they were awsome. This will be a tough decision to call which one is gold.

Archived