Logolympiad: Event 13

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my challenge...I don't have a clue what i'm gonna do for this challenge. I have until monday. I'll be out of town most the weekend....lets see if I can come up with something respectible! Wish me luck!

Avenger, are you all right? Did soembody steal your keen sense of design? Your pairing of those two green colors on that cicada is the equivalent of Kobe Bryant's one point first half performance - even the best falter under repeated pressure, I guess.

I'm a big fan of yours and appreciate your contributions to the board and to my personal education, so don't take this as any direct insult - like most of them do around here.

It's just that the pairing of those greens is so uncharacteristic, that I spent 40 minutes adjusting my monitor, thinking it was a technology glitch on my end.

Ok, here's my updated look. Ladies and Gentlemen here are your Carolina Cicadas! B)

event13.gif

We return now to your scheduled talking. :D

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Avenger, are you all right? Did soembody steal your keen sense of design? Your pairing of those two green colors on that cicada is the equivalent of Kobe Bryant's one point first half performance - even the best falter under repeated pressure, I guess.

I'm a big fan of yours and appreciate your contributions to the board and to my personal education, so don't take this as any direct insult - like most of them do around here.

It's just that the pairing of those greens is so uncharacteristic, that I spent 40 minutes adjusting my monitor, thinking it was a technology glitch on my end.

It's unfortunate that there wasn't anything wrong with your computer...

Ok, here's my updated look. Ladies and Gentlemen here are your Carolina Cicadas! B)

event13.gif

We return now to your scheduled talking. :D

I love it...

Colour scheme is unusual, which for me is a PLUS.

Logo is stylized enough while still allows us to recognize what it it...

The striping is very unique as well.

Which brings me to the purpose of my question:

How do the front and back striping meet on the side/under-arm?

Could we see a side view, I think I like that unique stripe around teh back.

In the future it may be used for adding a second colour to the back lower panel.

Great work!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Think new Miami Hurricanes. Still confused? Search the board for their new uniforms. Then you'll see.

I'm not a big fan of that jersey style, but you've certainly designed something that's different and cool Puck. I love those numbers!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Thanks for the clarification, will have a look at those Canes...

Hopefully I'll find a half hour before tomorrow to post my FIRST ever Football concept... Tied up with work right now...

@Frenchie_TO

Think new Miami Hurricanes. Still confused? Search the board for their new uniforms. Then you'll see.

I'm not a big fan of that jersey style, but you've certainly designed something that's different and cool Puck. I love those numbers!

Saw it...

Actually, Puckguy should remove the stipes that go all the way down the side from the front view 'though.

Unles it was a "3 stripes" with one go down the front and the third turn to the back.

No sweat, now that I know what it's meant to be, it doesn't take away from the creative.

@Frenchie_TO

Ah... finally, my entry is finished. My first full identity creation in almost three months!

So, my concept is really sort of strange... I was thumbing through some pictures of cicadas, and I noticed that from an angle, they sort of look like little footballs... only from a certain angle, though. So, with that in mind, I sort of melded the two together in my primary logo to make it look like a flying football bug... I know, sounds strange. I thought so, too. At any rate, here's my concept in five separate pieces:

St. Louis Cicadas Primary Logo

St. Louis Cicadas Secondary Logo

St. Louis Cicadas Helmets

St. Louis Cicadas Home Uniform

St. Louis Cicadas Road Uniform

Very great work in this thread from lots of people! I'm glad I could finally enter this shindig. Best of luck to all of you!

Ah... finally, my entry is finished. My first full identity creation in almost three months!

Nitro, my man, you have done killer work here, my friend. I'm pretty sure my chances just decreased by a good 90% but great work. You always have something incredible and original. Keep up the good work and never stop designing.

Wow. I'm glad I hadn't started yet, cause I might have just given up. That's an awesome logo/wordmark/uniforms/helmet. If the creativity bug hits me (hahaha get it??? BUG???) I might still enter but I'm having alot of trouble on this one. Everyone has done incredible work for such a tough team name. If I had to find crit on yours nitro, it'd be the curves on the jersey, they might get tucked into the pants. Other than that, I'm seeing a professional logo design.

btw...this is my 100th post! Its been great so far everyone!

peace,

pc

So, my concept is really sort of strange... I was thumbing through some pictures of cicadas, and I noticed that from an angle, they sort of look like little footballs... only from a certain angle, though. So, with that in mind, I sort of melded the two together in my primary logo to make it look like a flying football bug... I know, sounds strange. I thought so, too. At any rate, here's my concept in five separate pieces:

St. Louis Cicadas Primary Logo

St. Louis Cicadas Secondary Logo

St. Louis Cicadas Helmets

St. Louis Cicadas Home Uniform

St. Louis Cicadas Road Uniform

Very great work in this thread from lots of people! I'm glad I could finally enter this shindig. Best of luck to all of you!

AWESOME - you truly are an inspiration for us new guys.

OK... there's so many freakin' good ones for this event, but here's my new and improved one. This shiz took me a long time. I don't know if I'm in contention. Either way, its my best work I've done in any event so far... too bad it's at the end of logolympiad. Notice the Double "C" in the wings:

Cicadas8.jpg

My old one, for reference sake, is at this link:

My old Cicadas logo... (not entered)

I made a million improvements since the last one. This logo has gone through a million stages until the final product you see here.

Here's my entry in the 11th hour,the Charleston Cicadas.I worked on this all weekend a almost quit a couple of times but I stayed with it.After my last few concepts,I feel that this is without a doubt the best logo/uni package that I have done since becoming a member here so I hope you guys agree.For some details on it,I just saved a pic of a cicada on a tree limb and then traced over it in paint similar to what Steve-O does,

then just layered the details and worked with it Saturday and Sunday to get it to where I wanted it.You'll notice the pants striping is actually the wings of the cicada

and it continues up the jersey.Like Avenger I did use 2 greens but only in my cicada logo,where I went with a lighter green to show the transparent wings.Well

anyway here is my labor of love,the Charleston Cicadas.Also included is the complete logo package.As always.....ENJOY!!c/c very welcome

CHARLESTON CICADAS

Charleston_Cicadas_JPG.jpg

LOGO PACKAGE

Logo_Package_JPG.jpg

98Falcons.png

Here we go.

This is the best I can do right now, without getting fired from my job...

Alost dropped out after seing how high that basr has been raised, but this is a learning process for me and as this is MY FIRST FOOTBALL CONCEPT, I was not going to wave the flag.

Please give feedback as much as possible on the concept, as I do recognize some of the flaws in the execution (need to learn about the scale f certain elements on the football template (it is the Cicada/ball logo on the shoulders)

I'm not going for the Gold, as long as I get an "Honourable Mention" for colouring the "air knit" of the Home jersey pixel by pixel in Paint...

That being said, I present:

The Ohio Cicadas:

ohiocicadas.gif

@Frenchie_TO

Archived