Logolympiad: Event 13

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant speak for our resident designers, but i am confident that none of them wish you to not enter these contests, just because you percieve their work as superior.

It really, even in the logolympiad is not all about that. Its about practicing a craft, and getting better.

Put it out there, people will help, you'll get better, its a beautiful thing.

This place has made me exponentially better as a designer, and at taking critique.

I encourage all of you to just make your stuff with nobody else in mind, but you and your big ol brain, and stomp out something you love. If you need any assurance, know whatever your making is still cooler than what 99% of the people in the world would think of.

Go do it.

OK... there's so many freakin' good ones for this event, but here's my new and improved one. This shiz took me a long time.  I don't know if I'm in contention.  Either way, its my best work I've done in any event so far... too bad it's at the end of logolympiad.  Notice the Double "C" in the wings:

Cicadas8.jpg

My old one, for reference sake, is at this link:

My old Cicadas logo... (not entered)

I made a million improvements since the last one.  This logo has gone through a million stages until the final product you see here.

By the way, I changed my wordmark and cleaned up the helmet.. I think it looks waaay better.

An hour and 40 minutes to go...

I guess this is the part where newbies like me get to do some shameless lobbying. :)

I hope I get some votes...

(just kidding - that annoys the crap out of me when people do that - I could care less if I get votes, I like my design).

Archived