Real Photo Concepts

RedFalcon7

I use a program called ArcSoft PhotoStudio. It's not nearly as sophisticated as Adobe PhotoShop but it is still miles ahead of Paint. I've been wanting to be able to do these types of things for a long time and I've tried in the past but was never satisfied. I finally started playing with it again and I've been somewhat proud of my results so I just wanted to share some of them with you folks. These images are welcome to C&C, some of them are full on uniform concepts where some are minor tweaks and just testing my abilities. Thank you for viewing.

First up is the first image that I completed. I had been trying at this particular concept for a long long time and I felt very satisfied when I finally achieved this product. Now I don't want to start any wars. I understand that the Patriots represent the American colonists during the revolution and red was worn by our British enemies. I understand that the Patriots won all of their Super Bowls in blue jerseys and got blown out in red (though they are now below .500 all time again). Still, the Patriots colors are Red, White and Blue (and Silver), and fans love the nostalgic red throwbacks, but I've wanted to see a modern red alternate uniform for a long while. Key word here is alternate. Once or twice a year. So without further adue, my New England Patriots alternate uniform concept.

8193488391_355ee9514e_c.jpg

8193488759_26662d9f3a_c.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here is the second piece I did. I've always been bugged by two things about the Broncos uniforms. They have nothing on their sleeves. And while they have blue pants, they don't wear them with white jerseys. I wanted to make it possible for them to do this.

8193486245_1ca822b31c_z.jpg

8193480707_e79a6da752_z.jpg

That Pats jersey looks amazing, but not feeling the Broncos one. First off the full bronco is a terrible logo, and shouldn't be seen by an human being. Second of all, the orange makes the jersey very bright. I would suggest just making the blue pants have a thin orange stripe to match the jersey.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Nice job. I've been trying to do similar things with a different program recently so I applaud you for figuring it out. Now, the Broncos sleeve logo is terrible. Definitely use another logo or striping. I personally like the orange stripes though, it gives the jersey flare. The Pats are really nice and red really should be their main color.

For the Broncos jersey, I'd suggest removing the Nike collar or also making it orange.

Love NE but I think it'd look better without the blue piping on the jersey. Also make the pants and helmet match.

The Bucs jersey looks great, but like someone said the pewter pants should match. Also, the red on the logos should be changed to creamsicle orange.

Pretty cool. I especially like that last Texans look, but I would flip the colors to have the jersey blue and the pants red.

I've been meaning to do a blue on red uniform as well. Just havent gotten to it yet.

For the Broncos jersey, I'd suggest removing the Nike collar or also making it orange.

Love NE but I think it'd look better without the blue piping on the jersey. Also make the pants and helmet match.

The Bucs jersey looks great, but like someone said the pewter pants should match. Also, the red on the logos should be changed to creamsicle orange.

I agree, I did want to try a pewter pants version of the orange jersey and I still will at some point. The idea I had here was that they already have the white pants. And I know I changed the stripes, But that's what I feel they'd be more likely to do as a third pair of paints. And while orange logos would be cool, I don't believe teams can change logo colors for alternates unless they are throwbacks.

Thank you all very much for the kind words!

Having a silver helmet and silver pants, I've never understood why the panthers wore white pants with their white jerseys.

8193490483_206b19354c_z.jpg

Also, where most teams wear primary colored pants, I wondered why they never tried this.

8194581618_c5c1feeec7_z.jpg

NOTE: I drew these up a few weeks ago, before the debut of Carolina's black monochromes.

Archived