BREAKING NEWS: Brewers Host "Make our Alternate Uniform" Contest!

rmackman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The script is pretty good but ultimately it's just modified Tuscan lettering and I don't like Tuscan on anyone but Boston. No, not even the Mets.

Beer Barrel Man needs to be the full-time BP hat logo, though. Love it!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

My only quibble is with the vertically arched player names. Vertical arching is OK on a team name, where everyone wears the same mark; but, I really don't like to see it on player names. Vertical arching on player names is too chaotic; I strongly dislike that a letter's shape changes depending on where it sits in the player's name and on how long the name is. Every "A" should look like every other "A". On this uni, I'd prefer radially-arched player names in blue (just one colour).

I get where you're coming from, and feel that the vertical arching here is out of place with the radial arching on everything else they use, but come on, man, that's what made the Braves' uniform fully fantastic.

For me, the vertical arching on the Braves' uniform was its flaw. They look better now without it.

This..

cjonesjerseyradialarch.png

...is better than this:

cjonesjerseyverticalarc.png

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

That modified B reminds me a lot of the Portland Beavers script from their last couple seasons.

That was my first thought as well. Anyone know why they modified it?

Someone earlier suggested that the original B was ripped straight from the Buffalo Sabres 3rd.

I suppose it's also possible that the Portland Beavers' B was more readily available.

The script is pretty good but ultimately it's just modified Tuscan lettering and I don't like Tuscan on anyone but Boston. No, not even the Mets.

The hat is the only thing I don't like about this set. I always thought the Brewers could pull off some form of Tuscan since it's a go-to font for a lot of beer companies (and not just suspiciously similar to the one beer company that sponsors the team).

And how can you have Beer Barrel Man without the Barrel?

Either way, change that to an old gold (goes much better with cream) and that's about as close to a perfect Brewers jersey as you'll ever see... just needs a better hat.

The hat is the only thing I don't like about this set. I always thought the Brewers could pull off some form of Tuscan since it's a go-to font for a lot of beer companies (and not just suspiciously similar to the one beer company that sponsors the team).

Yep. Without any context looks it like some sort of robot head wearing a hat. This is the weak spot in an otherwise nice uni.

Like your choice in favorite football teams, I strongly disagree with this take. LOVE the hat. Twins fan, but will probably find a way to buy it.

That modified B reminds me a lot of the Portland Beavers script from their last couple seasons.

That was my first thought as well. Anyone know why they modified it?

Someone earlier suggested that the original B was ripped straight from the Buffalo Sabres 3rd.

I suppose it's also possible that the Portland Beavers' B was more readily available.

To compare:

im_youniformfinalist_301068269.jpg

Buffalo-Sabres--42-Gerbe-Dark-Blue-NEW-Third-Jersey.jpg

Definitely different.

And...

Brewers-uniform-contest-winner.JPG

tumblr_lw0weuwxvy1qj93o4o1_500.jpg

Similarities, for sure, but some differences.

I think I prefer the original version to the curly B; either way, that script is sexaaay.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not just from this new uniform, but from observations and seeing stuff in stores, I'm getting a serious vibe that the barrel man is making a serious comeback. This new uni might just be the spark to set off the comeback big time, and I welcome it. Really hope he finds it's way onto the regular unis as a patch or something. But this is just me feeling what's been becoming popular with merchandise and what not.

Either way, change that to an old gold (goes much better with cream) and that's about as close to a perfect Brewers jersey as you'll ever see... just needs a better hat.

Come up with a complementary "Milwaukee" script and a matching "M" hat for the primary (with the BBM as the BP or alternate), and I'm totally on board.

And yes, that's a gold squatchee.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived