Wideright's NFL Redux

WideRight

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas City Chiefs---UPDATED

I wanted to keep a lot of the tradition of KC, but add more Native American influence. So the main change is the switch from straight stripes to a diamond-triangle pattern based on Plains Indian weaving patterns. I also updated the wordmark to reflect this pattern and added some yellow to the helmet.

C&C appreciated.

ChiefsHome2.png

ChiefsAway2.png

Hi all,

I have been dabbling with updating some of the NFL teams whose uniforms just don't do it for me. What I hope to post on here are the concepts which I think keep the best features of the traditions of NFL teams with some modern tweaks. I am not sure how many I will finish, but I hope to do at least the "worst 10" current uniforms (totally subjective, I know.)

A few notes on what you won't see:

1. Nike templates: I use a basic template, so you won't see the special nike "sweat zones" that the

real uniforms have. Besides, I hate the discolored sweaty areas. One of the worst features of

the new uniforms if you ask me. This also means that you won't see flywire collars. Sorry, but

in my mind they completely kill any creativity with the collars and they just don't look good.

2. You also won't see my pet peeves on any uniforms. That means, you will not see any...

... socks with a base color other than white.

... partial shoulder stripes that don't loop down to the armpit, except if styled like Houston's.

... alternate uniforms, that and I just don't have time to do them. Just home and away.

... grey facemasks on teams that do not use grey as a color anywhere else.

... unitards. If the jersey is dark, expect the pants to be light and vice versa.

OK, so some of you will hate my designs, some might like them. I welcome critiques and enthusiastic support equally, and I may even make some adjustments if I agree with the comments, but mostly this is just me posting designs.

I start with what I believe is the worst uniform in the NFL, the Jaguars. I liked their 1990's uniforms, but always thought a bit of jaguar spot pattern would be appropriate. So, borrowing from the 90's but with some modern elements, here are the new-look Jag's.

JaguarsHome.jpg

JaguarsRoad.jpg

This is sensational. The only thing that seems a bit bland is the helmet color itself. It's better than the solid black helmet that they use now though.

Hey all, I have edited the Kansas City design. You can see the new version in the original post. A simpler pattern, a different use of it on the numbers and more unifying of the element on the socks and the collar.

Thoughts?

Ok, finally got a version of the Arizona Cardinals that I liked. Halfway between modern and minimalist.

CardinalsHome.png

CardinalsAway.png

I really like this set. Not a fan of the number font, as someone else mentioned, but the rest is fresh and simple.

Very similar to an idea I had for the Seahawks a while back.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Next up... Seattle Seahawks

I wanted to combine elements of the original Seahawks (silver helmet & pants) with the two-blues of the early 2000's, which I really liked except that they never matched the white pants with the dark jersey and vice versa. So I brought back the lighter grey-blue, and I kept some elements of the new uniforms, like the feather pattern in the numbers and the shoulder pattern (modified). What I got was new, but with clear references to the current and earlier Seahawk identities.

SeahawksHome.png

SeahawksAway.png

Archived