Wideright's NFL Redux

WideRight

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up are the St. Louis Rams.

Not a major overhaul, some tweaks and a return to the gold pants. The main change is that I incorporated the white highlights from the ram logo to the helmet horns.

RamsHome.png

RamsAway.png

am i the only one who prefers the Rams in Yellow rather than Gold?

champs.png

San Diego Chargers

I know it is sacrilege, but I grew up in the 80's and the navy & gold chargers (Dan Fouts & later) always look better to me than the powder blue. The one thing I always hated though was the use of color swatches behind the lightning bolts. So, here is a navy & gold concept without color blocks.

I just have to add that trying to get a leg-bolt that works is tough. I can see why the Chargers have had so many bad looking ones over the years.

ChargersHome.png

ChargersAway.png

Now up, the Atlanta Falcons

I generally like the Falcons current look, so for this concept I did not change much. I altered the sleeves & yoke to do something different and created a secondary "A" logo. Other than that I think this is very close to what they wear now.

FalconsHome.png

FalconsAway.png

San Diego Chargers

I know it is sacrilege, but I grew up in the 80's and the navy & gold chargers (Dan Fouts & later) always look better to me than the powder blue. The one thing I always hated though was the use of color swatches behind the lightning bolts. So, here is a navy & gold concept without color blocks.

I just have to add that trying to get a leg-bolt that works is tough. I can see why the Chargers have had so many bad looking ones over the years.

ChargersHome.png

ChargersAway.png

couple of tweaks that I would make otherwise 10000% better than the mess they have now

• solid navy collar on the home & away
  • block numerals
  • white pants need a white bold incorporated somehow

would love to see a version with these edits

also for the pant bolt did you consider/try to wrap the bolt toward the back of the knee like the seam pattern does? might be worth a shot...also maybe recolor the road into a light blue alt similar to the original blue they wore?

New York Jets

I went a little out on a limb on this one. I wanted to merge the Jets' current "throwback" look with the 1980's and 90's look. I also think the Jets have perhaps the worst current logo in the league, especially for a team with a dynamic name like Jets, to have a monogram logo just doesn't cut it. (I know, it is old, therefore it is classic, therefore it is good. That argument does not fly.)

So, I merged the oval logo of today with the idea of the jet with contrail from the 80's. I also decided to go with 2 tones of green, to see if they could work together, the kelly and the midnight they are using now.

The last tweak was to use a number font based on a Jets wordmark from the 70's with cutouts.

To be honest, I don't know what to think of it myself. I think it looks more modern than the outdated current Jets look, but I am not sure I am happy with the overall results.

So, lots of C&C appreciated, as long as you don't try to convince me that the current logo is a good one. It ain't. And since the Jets basically have a history of futility except for 1 year in which a mediocre qb led them to an amazing upset victory, I don't think the Jets's logo is sacrosanct.

So, having surely pissed off all the Jets fans on the board (as well as anyone who was a teen in the late 1960's), I present the newfangled J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!

JetsHome_zpsd537a821.png

JetsAway_zps812e4af2.png

I love where you are going with this one, as I have with most of your concepts. The two-toned green actually is a really good look for someone (like me) who is willing to overlook the not-so-glorious history of the team. I don't love the number font, something a little bit more solid might look better. Overall, though, great idea.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived