Wideright's NFL Redux

WideRight

The Tennessee Titans

Kept most of the current style, with limitations on the combos they can make. The main changes are the helmet stripe and the numbers. I wanted to extend the helmet stripe, and even though the flames cross into the stripe, I think that can work. With the numbers I wanted to design something loosely modeled on the wordmark.

TitansHome_zpsdecb7fe1.png

TitansAway_zps0a4e30ed.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kansas City Chiefs---UPDATED

I wanted to keep a lot of the tradition of KC, but add more Native American influence. So the main change is the switch from straight stripes to a diamond-triangle pattern based on Plains Indian weaving patterns. I also updated the wordmark to reflect this pattern and added some yellow to the helmet.

C&C appreciated.

ChiefsHome2.png

ChiefsAway2.png

As a statistician for a semi-pro football team, and some indoor teams in the past, any team with a patterned number was a byotch to ascertain players during the game. While this makes for a cool concept, I don't see how it would work in real life.

It's where I sit.

The beveled numbers look great! I just don't understand the helmet logo overlapping onto the stripe.

As for some of the others, you need to check the consistency of stripe thickness with the pants stripes. Were the Jets pants stripes supposed to be stylized or straight? I thought they were deliberatly designed to thin out but then realized the same occurance with the Titans pants stripe. Also, the Chiefs concept sleeve stripes are pretty sloppy. Make them terminate at the sleeve cut. The numbers are pretty busy as well.

Otherwise you have been hit or miss with these, but I do like where the Titans concept is going!

• 2 weeks later...

Next up are the St. Louis Rams.

Not a major overhaul, some tweaks and a return to the gold pants. The main change is that I incorporated the white highlights from the ram logo to the helmet horns.

RamsHome.png

RamsAway.png

Being a Rams fan that didn't like the gold pants in the first place, these just take it out the park. Nice!

Archived