Sign in to follow this  
dfwabel

2012 College Football Coach Changes/How Many Years Does One Give a Coach?

Not that anyone really cares, but Appalachian State coach Jerry Moore retired today after 24 historic seasons.

Peterson is a west coast guy and he can stay at Boise State pretty until he retires if he wants at this point. Hard to see him leaving for an SEC job with a program that has an uphill climb in an area he has no experience recruiting heavily. Recipe for disaster.

Franklin at Vandy has good job security, so I doubt he'd want to give that up to go take a job in a program that might not be as secure.

Unless, you know, he wants to win. Job security isn't everything. Can you see Vanderbilt reaching a BCS game in the next 5 years? If he goes to Arkansas, and things break his way, he can definitely break through that Alabama/LSU/Florida/Georgia blockade.

Yes. He went 6-7 last year, 8-4 this year, and they're rising. Vandy is going to be a good program in the years to come.

All of Vanderbilt's wins came against teams with .500 or losing records.

Let's not get carried away.....

You have to start somewhere, right?

Maybe 5 years is a stretch, but they are on the rise. He's a good coach.

Colorado is targeting Cincy's Butch Jones: http://www.cbssports...on-over-5-years

so is purdue hmmm what job would u take??

Colorado is targeting Cincy's Butch Jones: http://www.cbssports...on-over-5-years

Latest reports are that Jones did interview today, he has yet to accept the CU contract offer.

Meanwhile, there was a Purdue-owned plane going from West Lafayette to Akron. Did Purdue's AD go there to see Kent State's Darrell Hazell or even to talk to Terry Bowden (winless this year) or even Tressell? Hmmm?

Edited by dfwabel

im not sure if this is the right move for him.....

Malzahn to Auburn. Arkansas State now looks for its 4th head coach in 4 years. :mad:

Gus Malzahn to Auburn. Tonight, Fayetteville is in flames.

Malzahn to Auburn. Arkansas State now looks for its 4th head coach in 4 years. :mad:

source??

edit: nvm found a few

Reports say it's down to either Colorado or staying at Cincy. Purdue is out as an option for Jones.

Not a coaching change but it seems Jimmy Sexton, widely regarded as one of the best agents out there, has parlayed Jimbo Fisher into another raise. Reports are that FSU and Jimbo are working on a new contract.

In other FSU news, there's a rumor going around that Gene Chizik might be named FSU's new DC.

Any reports on Charlie Strong?

Now news is breaking saying BC has hired Steve Addazio.

What a coup. /sarcasm

Considering you can check Twitter/news sites/watch TV like the rest of us I'd figure a devout UofL fan like you would know the current rumor de jure is Strong as the leading candidate for Tennessee.

Now news is breaking saying BC has hired Steve Addazio.

What a coup. /sarcasm

Considering you can check Twitter/news sites/watch TV like the rest of us I'd figure a devout UofL fan like you would know the current rumor de jure is Strong as the leading candidate for Tennessee.

I don't usually trust rumors unless they are really true, when the school announces it.

I didn't say you have to trust the rumors. You asked about reports and, in today's day and age, rumors are reports.

95% that Strong is going to UT (Tennessee). I know a lot of Cardinal fans are really wanting Bobby P back, but I don't really buy it.