2012 College Football Coach Changes/How Many Years Does One Give a Coach?

dfwabel

95% that Strong is going to UT (Tennessee). I know a lot of Cardinal fans are really wanting Bobby P back, but I don't really buy it.

*takes job*

*drives motorcycle into Ohio River*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Define "a lot", Rasfan. A lot of people I know are thankful for the Orange Bowl but really don't want him back. Especially after the Arkansas crap.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Define "a lot", Rasfan. A lot of people I know are thankful for the Orange Bowl but really don't want him back. Especially after the Arkansas crap.

Half our fanbase want's Petrino back and the other half want Charlie Strong to stay. I personally want Charlie to stay but if he takes the UT job, I wouldn't be mad.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Half our fanbase want's Petrino back and the other half want Charlie Strong to stay. I personally want Charlie to stay but if he takes the UT job, I wouldn't be mad.

This year notwithstanding, Louisville hasn't done much since Petrino left. At the time, they were kinda/sorta in national title conversation -- or least a projected top 10 each year. They feel hard in the years after he left, but not as hard as Petrino himself did.

It'd be an interesting experience in couples therapy if the two sides reconvened.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This year notwithstanding, Louisville hasn't done much since Petrino left. At the time, they were kinda/sorta in national title conversation -- or least a projected top 10 each year. They fell hard in the years after he left, but not as hard as Petrino himself did.

It'd be an interesting experience in couples therapy if the two sides reconvened.

It was 2005-06 when they were considered in the title conversation. After Petrino left, Louisville hired Kragthrope and he was a massive dissappointment. Then Charlie was hired and was a miracle to our program. In 3 years of Strong's tenure, he led the team to a share of 2 BE titles and a BCS Bowl this year. What really made fans divided was when he said that Louisville fans should be like Kentucky football fans. I know that Kentucky fans don't care football too much and it was an insult to all the loyal Louisville fans who go to the games. And that's why the fanbase is divided as it is.

Here's the Press conference that divided our fanbase into two.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Butch Jones just texted a local radio Personality saying: "FALSE. I haven't talked to anyone about anything!"

I have a feeling (since he's now left the Charlotte Cracker Barrel where this all went down, and is flying back to Cincinnati) that he's going to address his team tomorrow morning, and then make the announcement official tomorrow afternoon.

UofL players must all be amazing at poker. Charlie Strong snuck in and out of the football compplex to avoid the media and have a already scheduled team meeting about the Sugar Bowl. When they players left, they all looked disappointed or shaking their head leading several media members to assume Strong was off to Knoxville.

Noification on my iPhone says Charlie Strong has declined the Tennessee offer and will stay at Louisville.

That is excellent news for the Louisville football program and Tom Jurich.

UofL players must all be amazing at poker. Charlie Strong snuck in and out of the football compplex to avoid the media and have a already scheduled team meeting about the Sugar Bowl. When they players left, they all looked disappointed or shaking their head leading several media members to assume Strong was off to Knoxville.

It was all luck I suppose. But seriously, I really thought he was a guarantee to UT. Prediction- Larry Fedora to Tennessee.

Honestly, I thought all the Chicken Little I saw on Twitter was excessive. Money's no object and at the end of the day, Strong is a man of his word and he is loyal to UofL because they gave him his first chance.

I see a ton of fans saying he can finally focus on the Sugar Bowl but right now is crucial recruiting time, especially after all this drama.

Archived