2012 College Football Coach Changes/How Many Years Does One Give a Coach?

dfwabel

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Report say Willie Taggart is USF's new head coach....

http://espn.go.com/b...-willie-taggart

Great move, he has strong ties to the Tampa Bay area.

Great hire by USF. Taggert did an outstanding job at WKU and he has strong ties to the area.

Taggart has 30+ guys from Florida on the WKU roster. If he can recruit Florida guys to low-tier WKU in Bowling Green, KY, I'm excited to see what he can do in state.

Tennessee over Colorado. What is -- or isn't -- Jones smoking!? ;)

Nobody is going to want to touch that Colorado job with a 10 foot pole.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Nobody is going to want to touch that Colorado job with a 10 foot pole.

Well, I suppose is better than another year of Jon Embree mindlessly wondering the sidelines. [insert any coach or inanimate object here] is a giant upgrade.

6uXNWAo.png

My biggest worry about WKU losing Taggert? I fear the new coach will reach into the Russell catalog and find the absolute ugliest template and add in three shades of grey.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

So what makes less sense: Beilama to Arkansas or Tuberville to Cinci?

Bielema to Arkansas was a shock, as personally I look at the Big Ten and SEC as thetop tier for coaching jobs. Usually once you make a name for yourself there, you're there until you retire.

Not really. There are more guys who end up at a mid-major after they get fired, especially the Big Ten.

tOSU: Earle Bruce and John Cooper

MSU: Bobby Williams

Every Minnesota coach

UGa: Ray Goff

Alabama: Mike DuBose and Mike Shula

Auburn: Terry Bowden

LSU: Everyone before Saban

So what makes less sense: Beilama to Arkansas or Tuberville to Cinci?

Tubberville was not liked in Lubbock from the start. They could have brought in a coaching staff of legends and half the fanbase would still want a personal apology for firing Leach.

As for Kliff Kingsbury there, that conference is too tough to bireme first time head coach.

Hahaha please tell me you didn't just include Bobby Williams on a list of guys who have made a name for the selves in a HC position... with a 16-17 record at MSU. Dude was average at best (and he moved to the NFL after, followed by the SEC).

Listened to Coach Taggart's press conference on the radio tonight, he sure does sound like a guy that means business.

Best quote of the conference:

"Now all we gotta do is put everybody on the bus....put em in the right seat...and let Coach T drive this bus!" - Willie Taggart

Looks like Colorado is going to name Mike MacIntyre from San Jose State as their next head coach.

Great hire for Colorado. Hopefully he'll turn that program around.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks like Colorado is going to name Mike MacIntyre from San Jose State as their next head coach.

Great hire for Colorado. Hopefully he'll turn that program around.

I don't really care for the hire -- but then again, this guy can't be any worse than Embree or Hawk.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived