Sign in to follow this  
dfwabel

2012 College Football Coach Changes/How Many Years Does One Give a Coach?

Report say Willie Taggart is USF's new head coach....

http://espn.go.com/b...-willie-taggart

Great move, he has strong ties to the Tampa Bay area.

Great hire by USF. Taggert did an outstanding job at WKU and he has strong ties to the area.

Report say Willie Taggart is USF's new head coach....

http://espn.go.com/b...-willie-taggart

Great move, he has strong ties to the Tampa Bay area.

Great hire by USF. Taggert did an outstanding job at WKU and he has strong ties to the area.

Taggart has 30+ guys from Florida on the WKU roster. If he can recruit Florida guys to low-tier WKU in Bowling Green, KY, I'm excited to see what he can do in state.

Nobody is going to want to touch that Colorado job with a 10 foot pole.

Well, I suppose is better than another year of Jon Embree mindlessly wondering the sidelines. [insert any coach or inanimate object here] is a giant upgrade.

My biggest worry about WKU losing Taggert? I fear the new coach will reach into the Russell catalog and find the absolute ugliest template and add in three shades of grey.

So what makes less sense: Beilama to Arkansas or Tuberville to Cinci?

Bielema to Arkansas was a shock, as personally I look at the Big Ten and SEC as thetop tier for coaching jobs. Usually once you make a name for yourself there, you're there until you retire.

Not really. There are more guys who end up at a mid-major after they get fired, especially the Big Ten.

tOSU: Earle Bruce and John Cooper

MSU: Bobby Williams

Every Minnesota coach

UGa: Ray Goff

Alabama: Mike DuBose and Mike Shula

Auburn: Terry Bowden

LSU: Everyone before Saban

Tubberville was not liked in Lubbock from the start. They could have brought in a coaching staff of legends and half the fanbase would still want a personal apology for firing Leach.

As for Kliff Kingsbury there, that conference is too tough to bireme first time head coach.

Hahaha please tell me you didn't just include Bobby Williams on a list of guys who have made a name for the selves in a HC position... with a 16-17 record at MSU. Dude was average at best (and he moved to the NFL after, followed by the SEC).

Listened to Coach Taggart's press conference on the radio tonight, he sure does sound like a guy that means business.

Best quote of the conference:

"Now all we gotta do is put everybody on the bus....put em in the right seat...and let Coach T drive this bus!" - Willie Taggart

Looks like Colorado is going to name Mike MacIntyre from San Jose State as their next head coach.

Great hire for Colorado. Hopefully he'll turn that program around.

For some housekeeping:

UTEP hires former player Sean Kugler, who has been the OL coach with the Steelers for the last three seasons.

FYI, of the 23 coaches hired before the 2010 season, 10 are no longer at that school.

Six have been fired, three have taken other jobs, and one resignation.

As of this post, there are 10 FBS jobs available.

Looks like Colorado is going to name Mike MacIntyre from San Jose State as their next head coach.

Great hire for Colorado. Hopefully he'll turn that program around.

I don't really care for the hire -- but then again, this guy can't be any worse than Embree or Hawk.