Sign in to follow this  
dfwabel

2012 College Football Coach Changes/How Many Years Does One Give a Coach?

Looks like Colorado is going to name Mike MacIntyre from San Jose State as their next head coach.

Great hire for Colorado. Hopefully he'll turn that program around.

I don't really care for the hire -- but then again, this guy can't be any worse than Embree or Hawk.

He turned San Jose State from 2-10 to 10-2 and ranked. He'll be fine.

Looks like Colorado is going to name Mike MacIntyre from San Jose State as their next head coach.

I don't really care for the hire -- but then again, this guy can't be any worse than Embree or Hawk.

It is FAR easier to recruit to SJSU than it is to Colorado. Did you even look at his roster?

SJSU only had 12 non-Californians: 7 from Arizona (6 FR; 1 SO), 2 from TX (2 FR); 2 from UT (both JuCo transfers who are SR); 1 from IA (JuCo JR transfer).

There is more talent within a 75-100 mile radius of SJSU than there is within a 450 mile radius of Boulder. Map it.

It is FAR easier to recruit to SJSU than it is to Colorado. Did you even look at his roster?

SJSU only had 12 non-Californians: 7 from Arizona (6 FR; 1 SO), 2 from TX (2 FR); 2 from UT (both JuCo transfers who are SR); 1 from IA (JuCo JR transfer).

There is more talent within a 75-100 mile radius of SJSU than there is within a 450 mile radius of Boulder. Map it.

And all that talent wants to go to SJSU, right? Nevermind all of the other California schools with infinately better facilities, fanbases, and national exposure.

Plus I don't think Colorado would mind a guy who knows how to recruit in California.

1- There are more CA FBS eligible athletes than there are available FBS scholarships, so in reality, regardless of facilities, CA players will look elsewhere "to gain an education".

2- SJSU is academically easier to get in to than Colorado. MacIntyre will have to encourage out-of-state students. Said talent goes there since they may not be able to be admitted anywhere but within the CSU system.

3- Before you were born, it was much easier to get in to Colorado to play football than it is now. It was even easier under Gary Barnett when they won four Big XII titles.

4- What is the freshman failure rate going to be? How many scholarship California kids will you accept to leave each year? 25% out of the available scholarships? Help me out, 'Coach Spleen'.

5- Bill Walsh Center is under development.

1- There are more CA FBS eligible athletes than there are available FBS scholarships, so in reality, regardless of facilities, CA players will look elsewhere "to gain an education".

2- SJSU is academically easier to get in to than Colorado. MacIntyre will have to encourage out-of-state students. Said talent goes there since they may not be able to be admitted anywhere but within the CSU system.

3- Before you were born, it was much easier to get in to Colorado to play football than it is now. It was even easier under Gary Barnett when they won four Big XII titles.

4- What is the freshman failure rate going to be? How many scholarship California kids will you accept to leave each year? 25% out of the available scholarships? Help me out, 'Coach Spleen'.

1- So by elsewhere, you mean San Jose State? If they went to SJSU, then why have they only been the 3 bowl games in their entire school history?

2- FAU is easy to get into as well, and you don't see people flocking there

3- I understand that. Actually, Colorado went to the Fiesta bowl after I was born. And Barnett won Big 12 coach of the year in 2001 and 2004. I have seen Colorado be successful.

4- I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say here. Freshman failure rate of who?

5- Yep, because that totally makes up for how terrible the rest of their facilities are

All in all, it sounds like you're trying to say that San Jose State is an easy place to have success. If that's the case, than how come nobody else has done it? McIntyre did a great job there, simple as that.

I think you can consider it officially confirmed by the school since AD Kirby Hocutt posted this on twitter at 5:36 CT:

https://twitter.com/...006741197365248

Red Raider Nation, your new head football coach is........ #RideTogether http://yfrog.us/054z...ifmdez …

Updated to last post for Kingsbury hire.

FYI, since Arkansas State has lost two coaches in the last two seasons (Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzhan) the buyout if he leaves after one season is $1.75M...or more than twice his $700K salary.

My point is that you said 21 minutes after it was posted that you were still waiting for school confirmation.

Yeah I'm calling BS on this one. Any PAC 12 school is going to be an easier sell than a WAC school. Plus, it's really not that much easier to get into a California school, even in the CSU system. Coming out of high school I had a hard time getting into any CSU schools and I had decent grades. I was accepted to almost every single out of state school I applied to. Even as a transfer student you need 60 relevant units to transfer under the IGETC. In a lot of out of state schools, you need one measly unit in any field.

http://sportsillustr...t2_a2&eref=sihp

Wisconsin hires Gary Andersen from Utah State. He's already 0-1 at Wisconsin, but in fairness, he should have won that game.

I like it...alot...I will be interested to see if he is allowed to bring the spread to power running Madison though