Euro 2004

Breakwood

Well the European Championships of Soccer/Footbal/Foot/Futbol start this weekend. Who here is watching, and if you are, who are you supporting.

I personally will watch as much a possible, and will be rooting for the land where my family hails from, France!

1zqy8ok.gif

Well if I wasn't supporting England I think I would be lynched right now! The whole country is going mad!!!

I will watch the England games and any others that take my fancy, but won't sit glued to all the games!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

the USA will always be my number 1 team, but england is a close second. and my euro2004.com fantasy league team is mostly england players. if anyone wants to join my league, the ID number is 45838-8755

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

the USA will always be my number 1 team, but england is a close second. and my euro2004.com fantasy league team is mostly england players. if anyone wants to join my league, the ID number is 45838-8755

I'm in! Only 2 english players in my team- I am not that conident about them!! Have to get past France and Croatia, always dangerous! Lots of Dutch players though!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My quick picks for POST #100 :woot::

Group A (GRE, RUS, POR, ESP):

I see the home-crowd favourite Portugal coming out on top, with Spain coming in at second.

Group B (CRO, ENG, FRA, SUI):

Alright, Switzerland, the jig is up. You've gotten lucky, beat my Irish, landed here, but the dream is over. France first, England second, Croatia a very close third.

Group C (BUL, DEN, ITA, SWE):

A lot of Celtic ties in this group. Henrik Larsson will play his last int'l matches in this tourney. Stan Petrov is such a star in Bulgaria, that they televised his wedding. Anyhoo, I see Italy finishing first, but, as for second, I'm stumped. I'll flip a coin...............Heads! Sweden it is!

Group D (CZE, GER, LAT, NED):

The group of death :evil: I see World Cup runners-up Germany finishing first, and a tie will see Holland and the Czechs at second, but the Netherlands will advance because they will have scored more goals.

Quarter-Finals:

Portugal def. England

France def. Spain

Netherlands def. Italy

Germany def. Sweden

Semi-Finals:

Portugal def. Netherlands

France def. Germany

Final:

France def. Portugal

Comments? Nah! You know I'm right!

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

I am taking Spain to win group a ahead of Portugal, France first in b with Croatia taking England out (I am a pessimist on this!!) In c Italy will win, sweden second. and in d Holland first czechs second

QF round

Spain 2 Croatia 1,

France 2 Portugal 2 (portugal win on penalties)

italy 1 Czech Rep 0

Holland 3 Sweden 0

Semis

Spain 1 Italy 1 (Spain win on Pens)

Portugal 1 Holland 2

Final

Spain 2 Holland 1

So finally the spaniards win an international football tournament.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I'll be supporting England, but keeping a close eye on France, since Santini's leaving after the tourney to take over my Spurs.

Here's my predictions:

--QF--

England def. Portugal

France def. Spain

Holland def. Italy

Germany def. Sweden

--SF--

Holland def. England on penalties

France def. Germany

--FINAL--

France def. Holland (or more likely, Henry 3-2 v.Nistelrooy)

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

• 2 weeks later...
I am taking Spain to win group a ahead of Portugal, France first in b with Croatia taking England out (I am a pessimist on this!!) In c Italy will win, sweden second. and in d Holland first czechs second

QF round

Spain 2 Croatia 1,

France 2 Portugal 2 (portugal win on penalties)

italy 1 Czech Rep 0

Holland 3 Sweden 0

Semis

Spain 1 Italy 1 (Spain win on Pens)

Portugal 1 Holland 2

Final

Spain 2 Holland 1

So finally the spaniards win an international football tournament.

Time to fess up! I have gotten a few of my predictions wrong already!

Spain, Italy, Croatia are all out in the group stages! And Holland might well be going out today! Ah well, at least I was wrong about England!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well, with the group phase done, time for everyone to revise their predictions... I'm still saying France over Holland in the final, though.

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Archived