Dallas Stars new uniform speculation

habsfan1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they went RWB, I would actually miss their current set.

I didn't think that was even possible.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Those two concepts look absolutely hideous. I'm not a Dallas Stars fan by any means but their colour scheme has always been one of my favourites in the league. It boggles my mind how this change could even be considered when they lifted the Stanley Cup in arguably the best jersey in their history. This is what I think they should do...

dallasstars2.jpg

The Stars owner publicly said that he wants to have a jersey with the primary crest on the front.

Good.

I really like the current black Stars home jersey with the script. It's has the most minimal simplicity, but it works and it looks sharp in black. That template doesn't work for their white jersey, though. With that said, I hope they keep the black jersey as an alternate when the new home and road are introduced.

I feel the opposite. I don't mind the white (with crest), but the all-black (along with the black pants) is just too bland.

So if they go with Cowboy colors, will they use the green-silver? :boogie:

It's a scary thought that management has not crossed out the possibility of changing their colors to red, white, and blue.

Here are some mock-ups that were posted on DallasNews...

1127-dal-mockup1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1354008837989

1127-dal-mockup2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1354009029161.

Full articles here. Icethetics has it covered too.

http://www.icethetic...re-rebrand.html

http://www.dallasnew...te-and-blue.ece

I'm not a hockey guy and thus my only comment is strictly design oriented. The most appropriate design solution for a team called the Stars in Texas should match the Texas flag/colors. Kind of a no brainer.

Yeah I mentioned that.... but it really shouldn't happen for the Stars.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

There are quite a handful of teams with the red, white and blue colour scheme. So it would be pointless to use the colours, in place of the ones they have now.

Not really "pointless" since the Texas flag is red, white, and blue.....

Still, I'd hate for the Stars to change their colors. It's like I said earlier, they are the only major professional sports in this state with no red, blue, or silver in their scheme, making them unique here.

The orange and white Houston Dynamos kindly disagree

330zl3b.png

D_Stars_A.gif

Only change necessary.

I always found that look to be overrated. First off, it's a variation on an All-Star sweater design, so it's always seemed a bit derivative to me. Secondly, the star pattern the waist stripes make does not line up with the star in the logo. It's a small thing, but once it's seen it can't be unseen. It really does stick out whenever I see that sweater. Finally the numbers on the back and sleeves would often overlap with the stripes. That always looks amateur to me. Definitely not a sign of a strong design.

Personally I'd like to see the Stars adapt something similar the set they wore from 1988-91, easily the best set the franchise has ever worn, in my opinion. Morgo's set is very close to what I'd like to see. Yes, it's essentially the same template as the 1998-2007 Blues set, but St. Louis seems content to keep their sub-par Edge design, so why not let Dallas use the look?

Anyway the Stars should not, under any circumstance, wear red, white, and blue. The team's worn green and gold since their inception in 1967, and they've worn black continuously since 1981. It's nice to see the Stars retain a link to their past in Minnesota through their current colour scheme. On top of that green is criminally underused in pro sports. It would be a shame to see the Stars lose a unique colour scheme just so they could adopt a colour scheme four (possibly five, depending on how you count it) other teams wear.

If they went RWB, I would actually miss their current set.

I didn't think that was even possible.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Those two concepts look absolutely hideous. I'm not a Dallas Stars fan by any means but their colour scheme has always been one of my favourites in the league. It boggles my mind how this change could even be considered when they lifted the Stanley Cup in arguably the best jersey in their history. This is what I think they should do...

dallasstars2.jpg

that one I would be happy to see the Stars adopt... I love that look.. hate the arched wordmark DALLAS they have.. blahhh.. so go back to that retro look and more.. look what the Oilers and Islanders did somehow.. why not the Stars with some retro works?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

There are quite a handful of teams with the red, white and blue colour scheme. So it would be pointless to use the colours, in place of the ones they have now.

Not really "pointless" since the Texas flag is red, white, and blue.....

Still, I'd hate for the Stars to change their colors. It's like I said earlier, they are the only major professional sports in this state with no red, blue, or silver in their scheme, making them unique here.

The orange and white Houston Dynamos kindly disagree

I see some blue here.... it's small, but it counts.

And when I said "major sports" I was really talking about The Big Four leagues (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB), but I guess MLS counts since it's gotten bigger over the last decade and a half.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

D_Stars_A.gif

Only change necessary.

Can they even do this with the current "edge" uniforms? Every stripe, or design on the current edge jerseys are literally sewn in different panels.

TBirds alt (and therefore the Drummondville home and aways) are sublimated Edge's so I would imagine any design is possible.

the rumours I have been hearing is the Stars will have the same color scheme as the Cowboys

So royal blue, navy blue, silver, silver-green, grey, and black? The Cowboys don't even have the same color scheme as the Cowboys.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

the rumours I have been hearing is the Stars will have the same color scheme as the Cowboys

So royal blue, navy blue, silver, silver-green, grey, and black? The Cowboys don't even have the same color scheme as the Cowboys.

And don't forget white! Just getting caught up with this thread and was hoping that had got lost on the previous page so I could say exactly that. Oh well.

The Stars could pick a few of the Cowboys' colors like the Mavericks did, but adopting the whole scheme would be a mistake. That the Cowboys haven't fixed it and instead have just let each uni drift further away from each other is ridiculous. I fear what Nike could do, but almost welcome it now.

Also, why is the Rangers' old logo on that Stars concept? That thing (in exactly that form shown on the shoulder) is still everywhere in Rangers Ballpark.

Archived