Dallas Stars new uniform speculation

habsfan1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they went RWB, I would actually miss their current set.

I didn't think that was even possible.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Those two concepts look absolutely hideous. I'm not a Dallas Stars fan by any means but their colour scheme has always been one of my favourites in the league. It boggles my mind how this change could even be considered when they lifted the Stanley Cup in arguably the best jersey in their history. This is what I think they should do...

dallasstars2.jpg

This is basically the old Iowa Stars look, which was much better than anything Dallas wore in the Edge era

Same deal with how the Worcester Sharks had an Edge version of the previous San Jose Sharks jerseys, which turned out much better. Even now, they switched to the current Sharks template but kept the original (and better) logo.

But yeah, there are enough dang red white and blue teams. In all the sports. Keep the green!

1zgyd8w.jpg

There are quite a handful of teams with the red, white and blue colour scheme. So it would be pointless to use the colours, in place of the ones they have now.

Not really "pointless" since the Texas flag is red, white, and blue.....

Still, I'd hate for the Stars to change their colors. It's like I said earlier, they are the only major professional sports in this state with no red, blue, or silver in their scheme, making them unique here.

The orange and white Houston Dynamos kindly disagree

I see some blue here.... it's small, but it counts.

And when I said "major sports" I was really talking about The Big Four leagues (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB), but I guess MLS counts since it's gotten bigger over the last decade and a half.

I love hockey and have never watched an entire soccer game from any league or level in my life, yet even I think it's time we stop pretending that the NHL is worlds ahead of MLS.

There are quite a handful of teams with the red, white and blue colour scheme. So it would be pointless to use the colours, in place of the ones they have now.

Not really "pointless" since the Texas flag is red, white, and blue.....

Still, I'd hate for the Stars to change their colors. It's like I said earlier, they are the only major professional sports in this state with no red, blue, or silver in their scheme, making them unique here.

The orange and white Houston Dynamos kindly disagree

I see some blue here.... it's small, but it counts.

And when I said "major sports" I was really talking about The Big Four leagues (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB), but I guess MLS counts since it's gotten bigger over the last decade and a half.

I love hockey and have never watched an entire soccer game from any league or level in my life, yet even I think it's time we stop pretending that the NHL is worlds ahead of MLS.

Well perhaps in at least one market they would be (Columbus) and if the NHL does decide to move to Seattle, I think the Sounders would do way better than an NHL team.

If they went RWB, I would actually miss their current set.

I didn't think that was even possible.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Those two concepts look absolutely hideous. I'm not a Dallas Stars fan by any means but their colour scheme has always been one of my favourites in the league. It boggles my mind how this change could even be considered when they lifted the Stanley Cup in arguably the best jersey in their history. This is what I think they should do...

dallasstars2.jpg

This is basically the old Iowa Stars look, which was much better than anything Dallas wore in the Edge era

Same deal with how the Worcester Sharks had an Edge version of the previous San Jose Sharks jerseys, which turned out much better. Even now, they switched to the current Sharks template but kept the original (and better) logo.

But yeah, there are enough dang red white and blue teams. In all the sports. Keep the green!

thb_timonen_iowa.JPG

mikkonen-iowa.JPG

thb_jtimonen_iowa_alt.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

The NHL has a 10-year, $2 billion TV deal. Major League Soccer got 3 years, $250 million from NBC Sports.

Oh wait, my mistake, that's what they paid for the English Premier League. The MLS on NBC costs about $10 million a year. A fifth-rate league is still a fifth-rate league even if people in a couple cities sell out stadiums.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived