College Football White Helmets Project

tannerk_15

Hey guys, for my latest project I decided to make white helmets for college football teams. I really like white helmets, I think they look nice, so I wanted to make alternate helmets teams could use.

First up, the Pac-12:

pac+12+white+helmets.jpgSouth Division

Arizona

Love their secondary logo so I stuck it on a helmet. Also used their main logo.

Arizona State

Their current white helmets have the maroon colored trident, I though it would look better with the yellow trident. I also created a shining sun for the back of the helmet.

Colorado

Just used their main logo, not much else for them.

Utah

Three different designs: 1. Main helmet with normal logo. 2. All red design. 3. Black and white design.

USC

Main Trojans logo with gold face mask.

UCLA

One of my favorite designs out of all these is the first UCLA helmet. Yellow face mask with baby blue "UCLA". I also used their Boston Red Sox looking "B" to put on the back. Also included is an all black and white design.

North Division

Cal

Two different designs: Yellow Cal script and one with the blue Cal script. On the back I have their alternate bear logo.

Stanford

Mostly similar to their current helmets but instead of the stripe I put their tree logo.

Oregon

They have never used white helmets with yellow wings (surprisingly), so I put one together that I think would match up well with their white uni's. (although Oregon uniforms never look good). Also included is an all black and white design which is my least favorite that I made.

Oregon State

Used their main "OS" logo with an orange face mask and on the other helmet I used their old beaver logo. On the back is "OSU" written vertically in the Oregon State font.

Washington

Their husky logo is very nice so I decided to make it really big on the helmet, like some teams have done before, like Boise State with their Bronco logo. Not sure about the color of the face mask here...

Washington State

Simple logo with "Cougars" on the back and silver face mask. The other has a silver logo with maroon colored outline.

Untitleddd.pngsport-scarf_timbers_zpsda7d180f.png

I'm also not a fan of the logos on the back, but this is a cool idea. I have always been a fan of white helmets as well, although I don't know how you'll fit my Michigan Wolverines in there. However you do it, looking forward to the results.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

A bit of a headscracther for me...the good news is these aren't particularly bad. The bad news is collectively, these are just okay enough to be middle of the road IMO. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with Washington.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have to agree the logos on the back of the helmets are a miss. Especially with the schools you've placed script. (USC and Utah) that script could easily just placed on the back bumper and you'd achieve the same idea. The same goes with Colorado and UCLA, though I don't think we would ever see the "B" used for anything other than baseball. (I may be wrong though, it's happened before.)

I really like the idea and the logos look really good on some of the white helmets, but I'll echo what others have said, the logos on the back are a miss. I think especially the Stanford tree. Also, I'd try some other facemask colors. My favorites are probably Washington, the Arizona schools and USC.

Most of these would benefit from switching to a darker facemask: navy for Arizona, maroon for ASU, cardinal for USC, blue for Cal and crimson for Wazzu.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived