New Orleans Hornets Will Rebrand as Pelicans in Time for 2013-2014 NBA Season

Island_Style

What would the present NO Hornets rebrand to, then? Maybe they can do a swap with Utah and get the Jazz name back, then Utah could swap with Memphis and become the Grizzlies, they could swap with Minnesota to get the Wolves name, and then Minnesota and L.A. could finally swap between Lakers and Wolves.

Something like this needs to happen in the NFL with Arizona, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Baltimore and the new Los Angeles franchise. Cardinals to STL. Rams to LA. Colts to Baltimore. Indy and Arizona get new identities. I'd be OK with Indy and Baltimore staying the way it is since Baltimore has a good identity.

Things were sure better in 19-dickety-two, I tell you what.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with the Bobcats taking the Hornets name after NO has dropped it. It would remove the worst identity in basketball and a terrible color scheme, and replace it with a great color scheme and logo. However, I don't think there should be any name swaps. THAT is taking it way too far.

This. A million times this.

Never seen any Charlotte Hornets throwback merch for sale ANYWHERE down here, nor any New Orleans Jazz stuff, etiher. But ABA Buccaneers stuff?-- Oh yeah, especially since the Hornets wore those throwbacks. At the arena's team store, sportsgear stores, etc.

We must be shopping at different places. I see a good amount of Charlotte Hornets gear (mainly hats) from Baton Rouge to New Orleans. Not as much Jazz stuff but I see a little of it every now and then.

gYH2mW9.png

What would the present NO Hornets rebrand to, then? Maybe they can do a swap with Utah and get the Jazz name back, then Utah could swap with Memphis and become the Grizzlies, they could swap with Minnesota to get the Wolves name, and then Minnesota and L.A. could finally swap between Lakers and Wolves.

Something like this needs to happen in the NFL with Arizona, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Baltimore and the new Los Angeles franchise. Cardinals to STL. Rams to LA. Colts to Baltimore. Indy and Arizona get new identities. I'd be OK with Indy and Baltimore staying the way it is since Baltimore has a good identity.

Herherherherher! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Those post made my day!

Not to stray from the jokes, but the New York Times took the "let's change every NBA team's name" mainstream yesterday. And here I thought it was just a running gag on these boards...

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/01/domino-effect-of-a-name-change/

Ugh.

Containment has failed. Run for the hills.

Not to stray from the jokes, but the New York Times took the "let's change every NBA team's name" mainstream yesterday. And here I thought it was just a running gag on these boards...

http://offthedribble...-a-name-change/

Ugh.

Depending on how you consider Bill Simmons, that turd has been pushing the name swap since the early 2000s.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ugh.

Containment has failed. Run for the hills.

Guess all those Doomsday Preppers were right. Every man for himself!

Ugh.

Depending on how you consider Bill Simmons, that turd has been pushing the name swap since the early 2000s.

I don't acknowledge ESPN's existence except for a few live games a year, so that would explain that. Had no idea anyone there had been pushing it. Again... ugh.

Face it - it's no longer just an overdone message board ideation. It's a real plausible thing - New Orleans is planning to rebrand; recycling of names is being considered (Hornets.)

As a played out as it seems here - the mainstream will justifiably speculate about the "Jazz" going back to N.O.

Face it - it's no longer just an overdone message board ideation. It's a real plausible thing - New Orleans is planning to rebrand; recycling of names is being considered (Hornets.)

As a played out as it seems here - the mainstream will justifiably speculate about the "Jazz" going back to N.O.

The mainstream also believes in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived