New Orleans Hornets Will Rebrand as Pelicans in Time for 2013-2014 NBA Season

Island_Style

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue, red, and gold would be pretty boring colors for the Pelicans, that's the only downside of this for me. Hopefully they'll include a ton of gold in the uni's. enough red and blue in the Association

That's the biggest downside to this rebrand. Mind you, the rebrand itself isn't bad, but I just hope that the Hornets name returns to Charlotte.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

What would the present NO Hornets rebrand to, then? Maybe they can do a swap with Utah and get the Jazz name back, then Utah could swap with Memphis and become the Grizzlies, they could swap with Minnesota to get the Wolves name, and then Minnesota and L.A. could finally swap between Lakers and Wolves.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8711940/new-orleans-hornets-change-nickname-pelicans-according-report

Pelicans seems to be the frontrunner if you can believe it.

Why decide to change all of a sudden? I guess the new owner wants to put his stamp on the team. Pelicans, eh? Hopefully the owner's name isn't Eli.

No it's Tom, as in Tom Benson, owner of the New Orleans Saints.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

It's funny, the Pelicans name is getting trashed on social media. I work for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, and when I introduce myself as working in the front office of the Pelicans to people who haven't heard of us, the most common reactions is, "Oh what a cool name!" Maybe it's a "minor league" name, but I've always loved it.

It's too soft of a nickname for an NBA organization. Sure, the name may work in a geographical sense, but it wouldn't be my 1st choice. Plus, how would the image of a pelican be cohesive along side of the color scheme of Red, Navy Blue, and Yellow/Athletic Gold? The report also said that Tom Benson considered the names Brass & Krewe as new nicknames. Between the three, I would have chosen "Krewe" just because, but anyway, this is definitely not favorable. At least the chances of the return of the Charlotte Hornets has increased heavily.

I will support the Pelicans name, only if this is used often.

Nigel-SPLAT.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived