New Orleans Hornets Will Rebrand as Pelicans in Time for 2013-2014 NBA Season

Island_Style

This is the dictionary definition of bland.

You take the great color scheme that you had with the Hornets and turned it into this garbage. Who outside of New Orleans is actually going to buy these jerseys?

Who outside of New Orleans was buying their Hornets jerseys? Buying jerseys comes down to winning (for the most part, but not always). If the Pelicans become a winning team and gain popularity, their jerseys will sell. I'm sure the Celtics do just fine in sales and there isn't anything fancy about their uniforms. Theirs are about as basic as it comes.

1. The Celtics have a better color scheme than the overused Navy & [insert color here] color scheme

2. Have you ever seen an OKC road jersey in public? I have never seen anyone wear one because it is one of the ugliest jerseys in the history of the NBA. Looks do matter in jersey sales.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just dawned on me that this is basically the same color scheme the Cavs so famously used.

lebron-james-cavaliers.jpg

I don't like it on the Pels as much anymore.

First thing I thought of when I saw them

And before that, the Iverson-era 76ers:

allen-iverson.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

full uni guide (from UW):

[pic]

sir do you mind if you send me the vector file of this? ehmzy@hotmail.com. credits will be given, i'll be using it for 2k13.

dont have em. thats only an image from Uni Watch's write-up on the new unis.

ok sir, still thank you for this! this will be a big help. can you pm me the link?

Unis added to the mothership:

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_by_team/4962/New_Orleans_Pelicans/

I do like the home with 'PELICANS' but since they insist on representing for NOLA on both jerseys, I present to you:

Pelicans_WhatifUnis_zps3a6b50e6.png

The wordmark from the primary logo. It's nice, with the little fler or whatever at the top. Also edited the collar to not be so bland and bulky.

The waistband N logo is kind of a cool touch. You'd think Nautica made it. However not an official secondary. What does it represent? A ship wheel? Navigation? Being at sea? The other two 'crescent city' and 'nola' logos obviously wouldnt fit at such a small size.

Pelicans are good looking creatures. Albeit their background is kind of shady (per Wikipedia):

The relationship between pelicans and people has often been contentious. The birds have been persecuted because of their perceived competition with commercial and recreational fishers. They have suffered from habitat destruction, disturbance and environmental pollution, and three species are of conservation concern. They also have a long history of cultural significance in mythology, and in Christian and heraldic iconography.

Ian, might you re-render that with just single-color scripts and numbers? I think the whole thing would look much cleaner that way. (It's also what I wish they would've done in real life.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I do like the home with 'PELICANS' but since they insist on representing for NOLA on both jerseys, I present to you:

The wordmark from the primary logo. It's nice, with the little fleur. Also edited the collar to not be so bland and bulky.

While the waistband logo N is kind of cool, they did have the 2 other 'Crescent city basketball' and 'NOLA' secondaries to choose from. Logo overboard.

OITGDNBA would a great design like this get passed over for the generic set we got.

The wordmark from the primary logo. It's nice, with the little fler or whatever at the top. Also edited the collar to not be so bland and bulky.

The waistband N logo is kind of a cool touch. You'd think Nautica made it. However not an official secondary. What does it represent? A ship wheel? Navigation? Being at sea? The other two 'crescent city' and 'nola' logos obviously wouldnt fit at such a small size.

Pelicans are good looking creatures. Albeit their background is kind of shady (per Wikipedia):

The relationship between pelicans and people has often been contentious. The birds have been persecuted because of their perceived competition with commercial and recreational fishers. They have suffered from habitat destruction, disturbance and environmental pollution, and three species are of conservation concern. They also have a long history of cultural significance in mythology, and in Christian and heraldic iconography.

Its a basketball with an "N" to show NO

Archived