Super Bowl XLVII

Mr. Krabs

I think if their website redsign is any indication, the NFL really is still very much intent on regionalizing the game every year. Just the primary logo is stale and boring but they've been marketing that secondary logo a lot. I like that they're doing this. And to think we were scared a few years ago that they took all the local fun out of the game?

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/47

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the NFL really screwed up on this logo thing. In my opinion, giving each Super Bowl it's own number gave it some individuality. After the game, the stories and legends grew over time. You could look at the logo and know which teams played and how the game turned out. But, what do I know? Ratings have never been higher.

iq5b7nF.png

I think the NFL really screwed up on this logo thing. In my opinion, giving each Super Bowl it's own number gave it some individuality. After the game, the stories and legends grew over time. You could look at the logo and know which teams played and how the game turned out. But, what do I know? Ratings have never been higher.

It's the NFL. The ratings will ALWAYS be high if they continue with the product they've put on the field.

Doesn't matter, though. This SB logo system thing sucks.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

You think next year they'll do something different? This could be the only the the SB is in New York. I'd have to use the generic logo.

I think the statue of liberty holding the Lombardi trophy would make a great logo.

I would hope they do something different for Super Bowl L. A 50th anniversary is golden, not silver and the prototype logo for that game that has gone around the web is just bad.

You think next year they'll do something different? This could be the only the the SB is in New York. I'd have to use the generic logo.

I think the statue of liberty holding the Lombardi trophy would make a great logo.

I would hope they do something different for Super Bowl L. A 50th anniversary is golden, not silver and the prototype logo for that game that has gone around the web is just bad.

sfsuperbowl.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

sfsuperbowl.jpg

That is the San Francisco Super Bowl committee logo. They are one of the two finalists (with Miami) to host SB 50. It is not a SB prototype logo.

http://www.sfsuperbowl.com/movement/

FWIW, as I was playing Superstar mode on Madden and I was fortunate enough to make it to Super Bowl L and Super Bowl LI. Sure enough, the logo for Super Bowl L was gold, the logo for Super Bowl LI however, was the standard silver.

Here's a quick mock-up of what the logo for Super Bowl L looked like:

SuperBowlL.png

Personally, I think they'll switch to Arabic numerals for that game, if only because "50" in Roman numerals is less than inspiring.

While I don't disagree, they did make it work for Super Bowl's V and X. Unless you're saying that the letter 'L' is just a less than inspiring letter.

I would think that that they'd do something like:

SUPER BOWL

I'm not saying it's a good idea, I just could see the NFL doing it.

Yes, L is a less dynamic letter than either V or X. In part because its asymmetrical.

But neither V nor X would work within the new logo template, while "50" would look just fine. And then the following year, we return to two-digit numerals and the standard template looks good again.

Actually, I think your idea is a good one.

FWIW, as I was playing Superstar mode on Madden and I was fortunate enough to make it to Super Bowl L and Super Bowl LI. Sure enough, the logo for Super Bowl L was gold, the logo for Super Bowl LI however, was the standard silver.

Here's a quick mock-up of what the logo for Super Bowl L looked like:

SuperBowlL.png

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak!

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

superbowl-L.jpg

What if they did something like that? And then with a # 50 somehwere below or to the side of it? So it implied the 'L' but it doesn't look out of place, and it still keeps in part with the uniform logo structure?

I would actually think this was unique and clever had they NOT already used this basic format the past few years now.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

I still think the Roman Numeral should stay. However, (if there is a change) in the Super Bowl L logo, they should incorporate the field into the logo, similar to Super Bowl XLIII and use the "50" yard line.

iq5b7nF.png

Archived