B1G Concepts **Maryland & Rutgers Up 8/8/13**

bigmike

• 1 month later...

Alright so after about a month and half hiatus, I've finally completed the Legends division. My laptop crashed right around Christmas and I had to get a new hard drive, luckily I was able to save all my work and I've finally begun the process of working on some new concepts. This division was fun, there are a couple teams who have nearly flawless uniforms, but I tweaked and tried to come up with some new ideas for each team, so we will start out with the most updated team first Iowa.

Iowa Hawkeyes

For Iowa, I wanted to come up with something completely new, I hate their current Steeler rip off uniforms, so I tried to come up with something unique. The design mostly inspired by Iowa's basketball uniforms. I used a new font for the wordmark, names, and numbers. The design is implemented in the entire uniform and pretty much speaks for itself.

Home and Away Uniforms

IowaUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

IowaAlternateUniforms2.png

Michigan State Spartans

I think Michigan State already has a great uniform set, but I made my own improvements to it, it all starts with the helmet stripe which is a little wider and is supposed to mimic the spartan logo, because of this I didn't want the Spartan to be on the side of the helmet, rather than going with a plain helmet I opted for numbers on the side. The jersey's feature a shoulder yoke, somewhat similar to their current uniforms, the pants feature a new stripe, and I also included green pants, the pants are interchangeable as usual.

Home and Away Uniforms

MichiganStateUniforms-1.png

Michigan Wolverine

For Michigan I stuck with traditional uniforms for the most part, I took inspiration from their "bumblebee" Under the Lights uniforms, and sublimated the stripes on the regular home uniforms, the stripes are actually maize on the away similar to how Michigan always has some maize on their white jerseys. The alternate sets are a mix between their current uniforms and the Under the Lights uniforms.

Home and Away Uniforms

MichiganUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

MichiganAlternateUniforms.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Minnesota Golden Gophers

I didn't stray too much from their current set, which looks fantastic. I added a gold helmet, and took away the outline on the logo. I also a sleeve stripe pattern similar to what appears on the gopher's sweater in this logo.

Home and Away Uniforms

MinnesotaHomeandAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

MinnesotaAlternateUniforms.png

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Not much of a difference from my last Nebraska concept, update the font to roundslab similar to their throwback uniforms from a couple years back, also switched to a new block N logo.

Home and Away Uniforms

NebraskaHomeandRoadUniforms.png

Northwestern Wildcats

Northwestern has some great uniforms as is, I tweaked the set a bit. I used the N logo with a wildcat on top of it on the helmet, and I created a custom font to match the N logo which is used in the entire set. All of the pants also feature Northwestern stripes now and the Jersey stripes wrap all the way around.

Home and Away Uniforms

NorthwesternHomeUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

NorthwesternAlternateUniforms.png

I dig the Iowa striping and the MSU helmet.

I'm late to comment on the first group, and I know I'm in the minorty, but I can't express how much I dislike the Illinois zig-zag/gradient letters look overall. I love the idea of Illinois going to a white helmet, but I personally think the A.dept can't get away from the gradients and zigzags fast enough.

Iowa = Fantastic

Michigan State = Love the green pants

Michigan = good

Minnesota = Love the yellow helmet

Nebraska = The double stripe work better than the single stripe

Northwestern = Adding stripes to the pants makes this set outstanding.

spacer.png

• 6 months later...

Maryland Terrapins

I actually like Maryland's current uniforms, they could be tweaked a little bit but for the most part I think they are very good. So I just decided to tweak the uniforms, I added the flag pattern seen on their pride uniforms as a sublimated design on the shoulders. I also created a new helmet, all of the helmets would have a matte finish with the M/flag logo. The pants only feature one line of piping now instead of two.

Home and Away Uniforms

MarylandHomeandRoadUniforms_zpsd037e780.

Alternate Uniforms

MarylandAlternateUniforms_zpsed9222e3.pn

Rutgers Scarlet Knights

So I did a Rutgers concept last year before their new uniforms came out, this is mainly an update of that concept. I used the striping pattern that appears on their current helmets on the helmet, jersey, and pants. I decided to use the more modern looking R logo and create a custom number/name font based off of the R logo. I really like how it turned out, appears to be a classic look with a modern twist on it and I think that would be a good move for them heading into the BIG.

Home and Away Uniforms

RutgersHomeandRoadUniforms_zps576f214d.p

So that is finally it for the BIG conference, seeing as I didn't get many comments on the Legends division I'd like to hear some more. I recently posted a Duke and UNC concept and got a lot of request for Miami and FSU so I'm just gonna go ahead and finish the ACC conference soon.

Maryland is a thing of beauty. Same with Rutgers, although I do love the helmets they wear now.

Now to commenting on others since I just saw this thread. I LOVE the Badgers and Illini uniforms. That ILLINI helmet is sweet. Nice work on the others as well, but I think those two were my favorites. For the Legends division, I have no real problems with any of them, except Minnesota. The striping on the sides is inconsistent and is bothering me for some reason. On the home uniform, it's yellow-maroon-yellow. On the away uniform, it's maroon-yellow-maroon. I'd flip the striping on the away to match the home set and the logo you provided in the links (which looks like has tiny black stripes in it as well, if you really wanted to base the striping off the logo.)

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I don't really remember this thread, and I gotta say it's really good. I absolutely love all the sets on this page. Iowa just looks great all around, especially the custom font, and that MSU helmet is genius.

Can't wait to see more from ya!

Archived